PDA

View Full Version : Will a '06 TRX250EX hood/headlight, fit a '06 TRX90 ?

tri5ron
05-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Hey all,
I'm just wondering if I could swap a 2006 (or newer) 250EX hood,... onto a 2006 TRX90.

The purpose of this, would be to have a OEM style headlight, on my daughters TRX90. (yes, I realize I will need to upgrade the stator in the TRX90).

My wifes 250 EX is a 2003, so the headlight and front plastics are different.
I dont know anyone with a 2006 (or newer) 250EX, so I can not do the comparison myself.

The 2006 250EX, and the 2006 TRX90, have similar looking hood panels, mounted between the front fender panels,...
But I dont know if the 250EX panel/headlight assy. would fit on the TRX90.

It would be REALLY cool, if it was a direct swap, But I doubt it would be that easy.
I'm fairly confident that it would need at least SOME modification,....

and that is only if it is even possible AT ALL.

So what I'd like from a member here is,...

If you DO happen to own both bikes, Would you mind setting them both side by side, and doing a little measuring, and comparing, of the hood panels ?

Are they the same widths at top AND bottoms?

Do they fit/mount the same ?

and if not,... Could the 2006(+) 250EX hood panel/headlight assy., be modified, trimmed, of different brackets fabricated, to make this work ?
and have it look like a OEM style mod/upgrade ?

OR,....

If you DON't own both machines, and you DO have a 2006 (or newer) TRX250EX,....

Could you please take some detailed pics for me of the hood panel, possibly with a tape measure in the pics, showing the upper, and lower widths ?

and also some close up pics of the UNDERSIDE of the hood, so that I could possibly do a comparison on my daughters TRX90 ?

I do realize that I could upgrade the stator, and mount some aftermarket lights on it,...
but I think it might be really cool to have it look like it's a OEM option/upgrade.

yeah,... i know,... sometimes I do things the hard way, LOL!

Any help, pics, or assistance will be Greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Ron