PDA

View Full Version : looking for someone who owns both a 250EX AND a TRX90

tri5ron
05-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey all,
I'm just wondering if I could swap a 2006 (or newer) 250EX hood,... onto a 2006 TRX90.

The purpose of this, would be to have a OEM style headlight, on my daughters TRX90. (yes, I realize I will need to upgrade the stator in the TRX90).

My wifes 250 EX is a 2003, so the headlight and front plastics are different.
I dont know anyone with a 2006 (or newer) 250EX, so I can not do the comparison myself.

The 2006 250EX, and the 2006 TRX90, have similar looking hood panels, mounted between the front fender panels,...
But I dont know if the 250EX panel/headlight assy. would fit on the TRX90.

It would be REALLY cool, if it was a direct swap, But I doubt it would be that easy.
I'm fairly confident that it would need at least SOME modification,....

and that is only if it is even possible AT ALL.

So what I'd like from a member here is,...

If you DO happen to own both bikes, Would you mind setting them both side by side, and doing a little measuring, and comparing, of the hood panels ?

Are they the same widths at top AND bottoms?

Do they fit/mount the same ?

and if not,... Could the 2006(+) 250EX hood panel/headlight assy., be modified, trimmed, of different brackets fabricated, to make this work ?
and have it look like a OEM style mod/upgrade ?

OR,....

If you DON'T own both machines, and you DO have a 2006 (or newer) TRX250EX,....

Could you please take some detailed pics for me of the hood panel, possibly with a tape measure in the pics, showing the upper, and lower widths ?

and also some close up pics of the UNDERSIDE of the hood, so that I could possibly do a comparison on my daughters TRX90 ?

I do realize that I could upgrade the stator, an mount some aftermarket lights on it,...
but I think it might be really cool to have it look like it's a OEM option/upgrade.

yeah,... i know,... sometimes I do things the hard way, LOL!

Any help, pics, or assistance will be Greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Ron

finsteratv
05-22-2011, 06:14 PM
we have an 07 250ex but its not at home right now or else i'd help you out Ron! once it comes home i can get ya some measurements if you still need them then.

bens250ex
05-23-2011, 12:59 PM
i think throwin some baja style lights on it would make it look better than just throwin on a OEM headlight. I know you said it might make it look like an "option" from the factory but who wants factory? :devil:

Tommy Warren
05-23-2011, 01:16 PM
maybe I don't get it but why don't you buy everything anyways and if it doesn't fit on the 90 then convert the 250 to look like a new one?

tri5ron
05-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
maybe I don't get it but why don't you buy everything anyways and if it doesn't fit on the 90 then convert the 250 to look like a new one? That's a reasonable question,
the answer is,
first my wife is quite content with her 250 just the way it is.
I don't want to spend the money for the entire front plastics (fenders, etc). for the 250.
Also, I don't know if I would then need to buy rear plastics due to having the fronts being upgraded.
I really dont want to have $400+ bucks wrapped up into it, and still not have the headlight on the 90.
(and a perfectly good set of plastics for the 250, that I didn't need in the first place).
Sure, I could then sell the older 250 plastics, an recoop some of the money, but that is all unncessary, and more effort than I really care to put into it.

Yeah,.. I know most will say just screw it, get the upgraded stator for the 90, use some aftermarket lights, and be done with it.

And that may very well be what ends up happening.
BUT, If the '06 250 hood CAN be used on the 90,
OR can be ALTERED to work on the 90,...

then it would be pretty cool, it would be functional and different,...
AND, I would have a much better chance of finding something like that used on ebay for alot cheaper.

I guess it's just a "A.A.D.S. thing"
:D

m0t0xk1d
05-24-2011, 11:22 AM
you may also want to look in the newer 300ex hoods as they are the same style