PDA

View Full Version : La Dunes 5/21/11

wes350x
05-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Some vids of yesterday at the dunes. Had a few clutch issues, but I got to ride a good bit.

265 sleeper
05-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Nice videos . Yall going for memorial weekend . Me and my friend going with our R's I know of 2 more going .

kiesta00
05-22-2011, 11:56 AM
man...I haven't been on these forums in forever...I should be there on the R with a good sized group.

wes350x
05-22-2011, 12:52 PM
I cant go Memorial Day weekend, gotta work. They are booked I know for the campers for that weekend. If you havent heard the dunes will be closing on July 31.

265 sleeper
05-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Yea I heard about them closing that sucks . I'm going and my friend going he ridin his 3wheeler ill be on my 4wheeler . theres 2 more r that I know that are going . we should get to gether make a r video. 4 250r plus how ever many your bringing kiesta.

kiesta00
05-22-2011, 06:57 PM
I have only have one 250r, I know some buddies from carencro that will probably have 3 more...We need to have a 250r only race hahaha

265 sleeper
05-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Who Ryan

kiesta00
05-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah Ryan Scotty and Dylan

DnB_racing
05-23-2011, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by wes350x
Some vids of yesterday at the dunes. Had a few clutch issues, but I got to ride a good bit. you guys were going so fast I didnt even see your helmets fly of:confused:

wes350x
05-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Yep, They fly off and the roost from the sand covers them then we lose em. :chinese:

DnB_racing
05-23-2011, 09:05 AM
you should probably bring some spares helmets on memorial day, this way you will still be safe if any get "lost"

because we all know that all 250r riders are the responsible owners, and you would hate to have anyone think we were just like all the bad seeds, just because of something as simple as (LOOSING) your helmets....

thanks for your future help being a diplomat for the 250r:D

hasbeenttduner
05-23-2011, 02:18 PM
And it could be one of the reasons that they are closing the place.

wes350x
05-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Ha. You guys are funny. Ill wear a helmet I feel like it. I am an adult and fully know the risk I take. I'm an ER RN 6 years now and have seen my share of horrible atv accidents. I do wear a helment at times when I believe one is needed.

They are closing the dunes because the leaser is 75, his wife is very ill, and the lease is harder for him to pay now. The owner signed a lease out to a gravel/sand company as it was many years back.

05BlackYFZ
05-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Ha. You guys are funny. Ill wear a helmet I feel like it. I am an adult and fully know the risk I take. I'm an ER RN 6 years now and have seen my share of horrible atc accidents. I do wear a helment at times.

On other ATV forums, they don't allow videos or pictures of riders without helmets and the moderators enforce it. I think it's a great policy because riding without a helmet sets a poor example for other riders out there, especially the young ones.

wes350x
05-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Thats fine, I removed them. I dont want to give any of my bad habits to others.

atv fan 28
05-23-2011, 10:26 PM
A good thread turned into another? You guessed it!

http://i52.tinypic.com/5wdmid.jpg

I understand both sides. I agree with helmets 100%!!! But do you guys who see people without seatbelts stop them and give them a lecture? I bet not!!!

DnB_racing
05-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
A good thread turned into another? You guessed it!

I understand both sides. I agree with helmets 100%!!! But do you guys who see people without seatbelts stop them and give them a lecture? I bet not!!! I was done saying anything about this as wes has removed the pics on his own and that was the responsible thing to do

but atv fan your comparison to seat belts isn't even relevant to the reason for helmets, its not only for safety! but actually for what will happen 5-10 years from now, when your kids or your grand-kids want to enjoy this sport that we all love so deeply!

I totally believe in let them who ride decide, however the future of ATV's riding on public and private land is much more fragile than people want to admit, there are so many organizations with the sole reason, of just trying to stop production of any sport quad,

we will never win over the haters, but we have to make sure the ones on the fence that look the other way, dont turn into haters, or the future will be bleak

2-330s
05-24-2011, 07:26 PM
i think all this P.C. stuff is bull $hit!!!! (two many idiots and lawyers)

we teach my nieces and nephews to wear helmets and all saftey gear when they ride our quads,motorcycles or horses. when they get old enough they can make that decision for their selves.

i live i the state of wisconsin, if i want to wear a helmet on my street bike. IN ACCORDENCE WITH STATE LAW i can choose to or NOT. so who is anyone to say what is right or what should be done off road?

i think common sense should be used in all situations. but the regulations of my every move PI$$e$ ME OFF!!!

now everybody knows where i stand:mad:

live and let live :confused:

DnB_racing
05-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I dont want to preach,and I wish it was as simple as just your own safety

I can tell by peoples opinions that there state hasn't done what Massachusetts has, within the last 7 years the open areas to off road has all but closed , for various reasons, lawsuits, poor public opinion, construction, environmental impact, have all taken their toll!
actually im glade to hear that it isn't as bad in other places, but just be aware once the closings start its way to late to help! and it happens fast,

one week we were riding came back the next and it was closed do to an injury of a kid who hurt himself, his father sued the landowner for leaving equipment in his own pit, the law suit was dropped but the spot was closed for good!

all im saying is be you own diplomate to ensure your riding areas stay open, or believe me its no fun to have to trailer and pack for a full day every time you want to go for a little ride

it really doesnt have anything to do with your safety but more to do about helping fellow riders have a place to ride,, every bad choice you make on your quad affects everyone else

etccb
05-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Don't give 60 min fuel for the fire. Most of you were not old enough to see how the 3 wheeler thing went down. Don't for one second think that it was any different then this thread.

DnB_racing
05-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by etccb
Don't give 60 min fuel for the fire. Most of you were not old enough to see how the 3 wheeler thing went down. Don't for one second think that it was any different then this thread. your so right!!anyone that thinks that there negative actions dont have any affect on the future only need to look at the past,

or look at the 250 your riding that had a very short production run,

read this and then say it doesnt matter if you wear a helmet http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml88/88016.html

265 sleeper
05-25-2011, 08:26 AM
The 3 wheeler is very dangerous no matter if you wear a helmet or not . A lot of the people who rode 3wheelers were not experienced riders back in the day .Shoot yall were able to do what yall had wanted back then . Drink at younger age driving at like 13 . So they go as fast as they can then try and turn and bam they flipped and usually the bike follows resulting in a bad wreck . Usually one of the 2-3 people riding on it got hurt . I only wear a helmet when I go trail riding . It's my decision so I choose unless stated that I have to wear one . So who hijacked this thread . Title stated la dunes . Didn't see ( helmets? Why wear one !!!! ) .

Bad example for the young ones what about Obama being elected that wasn't a bad example just my .02

I would like to see how many people die a year from cigarettes vs 3-4 wheeler accidents a year

wes350x
05-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by 265 sleeper
The 3 wheeler is very dangerous no matter if you wear a helmet or not . A lot of the people who rode 3wheelers were not experienced riders back in the day .Shoot yall were able to do what yall had wanted back then . Drink at younger age driving at like 13 . So they go as fast as they can then try and turn and bam they flipped and usually the bike follows resulting in a bad wreck . Usually one of the 2-3 people riding on it got hurt . I only wear a helmet when I go trail riding . It's my decision so I choose unless stated that I have to wear one . So who hijacked this thread . Title stated la dunes . Didn't see ( helmets? Why wear one !!!! ) .

Bad example for the young ones what about Obama being elected that wasn't a bad example just my .02

I would like to see how many people die a year from cigarettes vs 3-4 wheeler accidents a year

Thanks. I think most of the people who are judging have the set rules in thier state, WE DONT, its our judment to use one or not. END OF STORY. WE CAN GO ON AND ON ABOUT THIS. I WANTED TO POST A COUPLE OF VIDS GOING OUT TO THE DUNES BUT ALL THIS TURNED OUT TO BE WAS ANOTHER WORTHLESS TREAD CAUSE IT WAS CRITICIZED BY A FEW PEOPLE AS MOST POST DO AROUND HERE.

DnB_racing
05-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks. I think most of the people who are judging have the set rules in thier state, WE DONT, its our judment to use one or not. END OF STORY. WE CAN GO ON AND ON ABOUT THIS. I WANTED TO POST A COUPLE OF VIDS GOING OUT TO THE DUNES BUT ALL THIS TURNED OUT TO BE WAS ANOTHER WORTHLESS TREAD CAUSE IT WAS CRITICIZED BY A FEW PEOPLE AS MOST POST DO AROUND HERE. This was not my intention Wes this is why I was just being light hearted at first with you, and we didnt have any issues, you had no arguments nor did I.

we were having an small disagreement about riding habits,not any form of argument, it seams it turned out this way, but I know you haven't said anything derogatory towards me or my point of view, and I haven't said any towards you or yours,
I listened to your point and you listened to mine....

a disagreement as long as it cival as this one was, doesnt ruin any thing, its just a point of veiw.

and the thread wasnt jacked as I was talking about the pics

DnB_racing
05-25-2011, 09:10 AM
not to mention its against forum rules

4. Feel free to attach ATV related pictures to you posts. Pictures of riders without helmets will be deleted - riding without a helmet is very dangerous and is an activity strongly comdemned by ATVriders.

I just find it strange that any 250r rider doesnt see that there are deeper consequences to there actions, being the 250 was stopped in the middle of its production, because of riders poor judgment..

we as a group(250r owners) should be more aware of this then any other group of owners

265 sleeper
05-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks. I think most of the people who are judging have the set rules in thier state, WE DONT, its our judment to use one or not. END OF STORY. WE CAN GO ON AND ON ABOUT THIS. I WANTED TO POST A COUPLE OF VIDS GOING OUT TO THE DUNES BUT ALL THIS TURNED OUT TO BE WAS ANOTHER WORTHLESS TREAD CAUSE IT WAS CRITICIZED BY A FEW PEOPLE AS MOST POST DO AROUND HERE.
Don't worry wes me and by friend bobizzle seen the vids nice . We enjoyed the no helmet videos. Should photo chop so big heads with helmets on ya in the video Hahaha . Now the 3 wheeler in the vid what was done to it . She didn't seem stock

265 sleeper
05-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
not to mention its against forum rules

4. Feel free to attach ATV related pictures to you posts. Pictures of riders without helmets will be deleted - riding without a helmet is very dangerous and is an activity strongly comdemned by ATVriders.

I just find it strange that any 250r rider doesnt see that there are deeper consequences to there actions, being the 250 was stopped in the middle of its production, because of riders poor judgment..

we as a group(250r owners) should be more aware of this then any other group of owners .
Owning a 250r has nothing to do with being responsible because they stopped the production of the atv . One was Honda being so ecofriendly , 2 they were fast for the technology they had back then . 3 250r 3 wheeler are just dangerous hands down , 4 they wanted to make money on a top end rebuild $200 vs $1500 lol joking .

Honda also stop production of a lot of other things besides the 250r

DnB_racing
05-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 265 sleeper
Owning a 250r has nothing to do with being responsible because they stopped the production of the atv . One was Honda being so ecofriendly , 2 they were fast for the technology they had back then . 3 250r 3 wheeler are just dangerous hands down , 4 they wanted to make money on a top end rebuild $200 vs $1500 lol joking . im saying there are deeper consequences then just your personal losses if there is an accident. and the 250 is evidence of that.

on another front, look at the amount of injuries within the last few years on the mx track alone, the quads are flying faster then ever,and there are more deaths and riders getting paralyzed then ever!! and im sure you've noticed the decline in production of race quads,

all im saying is we are in charge of our future,from your own admission I see that spot is closing,just be aware that closing get contagious, take steps now to assure you always have quality spots to ride, you will have no one but your selves to blame if they all start closing... do everything you can to be sure that you dont create more hateres, or you will have no place to ride...

Im really just trying to help you guys before your in the same situation as Im in, because its to late for us up in Mass, but its not to late for you! take action now and assure your kids and there kids will enjoy this sport

jcs003
05-25-2011, 12:37 PM
i dont see any videos...

265 sleeper
05-25-2011, 12:43 PM
im saying there are deeper consequences then just your personal losses if there is an accident. and the 250 is evidence of that.

on another front, look at the amount of injuries within the last few years on the mx track alone, the quads are flying faster then ever,and there are more deaths and riders getting paralyzed then ever!! and im sure you've noticed the decline in production of race quads,

all im saying is we are in charge of our future,from your own admission I see that spot is closing,just be aware that closing get contagious, take steps now to assure you always have quality spots to ride, you will have no one but your selves to blame if they all start closing... do everything you can to be sure that you dont create more hateres, or you will have no place to ride...

Im really just trying to help you guys before your in the same situation as Im in, because its to late for us up in Mass, but its not to late for you! take action now and assure your kids and there kids will enjoy this sport
I understand where your coming from you have helmet law we don't . But we do have a motorcycle helmet law . No matter what course it takes it only takes one jackass to mess things up no matter how hard we try and keep things good it just takes one rich kid getting hurt and then everyone in the same boat as yall .

When in doubt goose it

That's another reason why I don't ride mx track I'd prolly ge5 good at riding the track but don't want the oh no wrong gear and case a jump then my bike wrecked and broken bones

265 sleeper
05-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
i dont see any videos...
You won't unless wes pm you a link

DnB_racing
05-26-2011, 03:07 PM
here is something pappy posted in the open forum.. check this out http://www.facebook.com/atvriders why everyone should make sure your kids and yourself are wearing protection

wes350x
05-26-2011, 03:20 PM
here is something pappy posted in the open forum.. check this out http://www.facebook.com/atvriders why everyone should make sure your kids and yourself are wearing protection

yea, and Ive seen and taken care of worse than that. Ive taken care of people who have died even with thier helment on. Yes it does offer protection, It is proven.

We get your point. Enough.

DnB_racing
05-26-2011, 03:30 PM
We get your point. Enough. i know.... I just have never seen one that bad,
and it kind freeked me out. sorry wasnt trying to dig at you

jbltz450
05-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Wes....agreed!

2-330s
05-26-2011, 08:49 PM

would you like to see pics of people who die and or are maimed to protect your country and rights? how about the people that drive to work every day on a two lane road and take there life within 2-4 feet of a head on crash every time they encounter a car in the on coming lane? maybe you would like to see life insurance pics of people who die or are disabled by falling down there stairs?

thanks for your help to ban atvs and off road recreation for the rest of us

in my opinion (for what it's worth) we can dwell on anything we want. but you will die or get a life lesson when it's your time to have it happen.

i think the link posted is in BAD TASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is a pic of another person in a traumatic incident in there life. maybe the first and i hope for them there last.

265 sleeper
05-26-2011, 09:17 PM
La dunes bound tomorrow . Can't wait to get the 4-5 R's that I know are going hopefully they will have more to make the 250R SHOW DOWN .

atv fan 28
05-26-2011, 09:30 PM

You said in a earlier post, helmets were not for safety??

DnB_racing
05-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
You said in a earlier post, helmets were not for safety?? sorry wes apparently not everyone gets it! but as long as others think there is not any problem with this and are still stating there point Im going to say mine...

atv fan 28 what I said is its not ONLY about safety its about things like this happen and everyone blames the quad! not the person who caused it, in this case probably the kids father that never wears one himself!

if you choose to kill your self I cant change that,I just dont want you to kill yourself on a quad, because then it affects me!
I wear mine for safety but I want others to wear there's for other reasons,so pics like this arnt around and the activists dont enact anther 10 year hold on any sport quad

I dont like the negative publicity it brings, when things like this happen to this poor kid we all pay for it,, pictures always get out there of the damage done by quads,the only way to stop pics like this is simple wear a helmit!
this one was taken to try to stop it from happening again!( i didnt take it or post it, a well respected person in the atv world who doesnt want this to happen to anyone else did )