PDA

View Full Version : Victory Sports must not like youth quads

rd2005
05-22-2011, 12:19 AM
We ran our 5th race with the victory sports Summer Nights SX Series yesterday. We pay our entrance fees & racing fees just as everyone else does yet our class keeps having their laps cut. Last night we ran 3 & most classes run either 4 or 5. Our class riders are beginning to find other tracks to ride at because of Sam Gammon CEO of Victory Sports keeps screwing us. He took the mega series from us cause he states he was losing money(????) by running the youth ATV class & now the folks he has running this series is taking away track time from our kids. We spent lots of $$$ on our bikes, we pay all the same fees, our kids practice & give all they have at every race...the ATV Youth Class is not respected by this organization. I am so very sure that they would be pleased to see us never return. I usually don't bash or talk about folks in a negative manner especially on-line but this is just getting to me! When you try to talk with them about a concern they seem very defensive right off the bat no matter how polite you are. I personally have not said anything about cutting the laps as of yet but it was brought to their attention during the Mega Series & here we go again. I understand I am not forced to race in any of VS events but why should we travel when we have 3 tracks within 35 minutes from our area? I just would like to get some feedback on this. Do you think it is ok to cut the ATV youth class laps down? What are your thoughts on this matter? I hope to get some constructive feedback on this thread. Thanks

rd2005
05-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Bump...no thoughts or opinions (?)

selbygirl
05-22-2011, 09:20 PM
do the dirt bikes race when your there also . do they cut the little bikes short on laps . we go to a lot of races were they cut us short. but there will be like 2 pw50 dirt bikes all by there self running full laps , lately we just been running tracks where we are most welcomed .were not in it for the points eny more just for the fun of it . its not worth running the points to us at the end of the year all that work and money for a thirty doller trophry . i gess us quad peaple are lower class citizans. to me tracks are like resturants bad service bad food well im going to eat somewere else take care tommy

rd2005
05-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Thank you selbygirl for you comment. We run a series with lots of dirt bikes including the little ones. As far as I know they do not cut the littlest ones. Boy there would be an uproar if they cut the little guys. Those parents are...let's just say serious about that class. I am pretty sure we are the only class that has had their laps cut. VS did this as well to our class while we were able to run a few of the big Mega Series. It just gets me so upset when we prepare for this race just as most riders & their families do. We get to the track to get a decent pit place, tweek the bike, unload all the gear, have snacks & dinner out there, ect & then to have the officials cut the laps??? We are running for points. If you don't mind me asking how do you keep sponsors if you don't run for points? I just don't see the sponsors staying involved if we went to different tracks in different series. I would love to run just for fun but I am keeping my promise to sponsors that we would run this series. Don't get me wrong I have pulled by son from a series I told our sponsors we would participate in due to safety & rule concerns. My son's safety does come first. We may make a change next season in how & where to race but for now it's important to stay in this series. I just get that feeling in my gut that they are trying to get rid of us. I would not be surprised if they get rid of our class next year. Just terrible to travel 3 or more hours away when there are great local tracks (not promoters) within minutes from us. Ugh :-(

selbygirl
05-23-2011, 06:52 AM
i think most of our sponsers have run out for the year most of them just want a monthly up date . so we hit other districts for new compation . its a shame were this sport is heading . at some of the races we go to one of the best racers in the couintry usealy shows up dustin wimmer real nice guy he hangs with the other racers i even seen him toss the football around with the kids .he just a regular guy with a real good talant .its ashame his sponser droped him suzuki.i geuse suzuki didnt see eny money in the quad thing .if you get a chance go under the open forum .i think its ethans dad has a thing on how to save our sport for dummies. i even put up somthing on the under 90cc forum .help save our sport. ever little bit helps . take care tommy

dewutfan
05-23-2011, 11:09 AM
I hear your pain... But I will be surprized if he keeps that class all year... it has went from 6 down to 3 ... some because of just being VC .. and you know some of the other.... its just not enjoyable there any more to much BS ... I will be more then Happy to haul your little ones bike anywhere we race and you can follow us ... you would be so surprized of the different greetings you get racing where people want you there and the parents that play by the rules.... and WOW at calhoun sx track you get to go out on the track while there racing and cheer them on and one dad ran over and got mine unstuck off a dirt pile and got him back on the track before anyone could get there... now thats what its about .... I agree with you ... you pay the same amount to get **** on.. after a while it just gets old... and as people know they control a 3 state area so you have to go out of that area to race... it does suck that we have 3 great tracks in are back yard but .... when your not wanted ... you need to move on like we done and let him worry about how to fill his gates a year from now... and when people quit showing up maybe then he will sit back and say i should have treated them better..... oh wait almost forgot who i was talking about lol.. well good luck with it but you know i will get your little man on a track if you want me too...... love the kid to death...

coffing918
05-23-2011, 03:14 PM
your in Tenn. you should have been hitting some of the national races, we have been at everyone so far and the gates in the classes has been almost full! Go to loretta lynns race in august! gates will be full 4 sure! and there all quad only! some of the races have taken us 18 hrs to get there but its been well worth it!

rd2005
05-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Thank you for the replies on this matter. Dew especially thank you for all that you have done for us & little man! You sure have saved us a time or two! :D We might just try that GA track while on a break from this series. About going to the nationals in Aug at Loretta Lynn's we are discussing that right now. The cost, time from school, & other issues might be a problem for us. Anyways, I got to thinking & unless any of the other parents don't voice their discuss & concern about the cutting of laps I don't have a leg to stand on. Guess I have to bend over & well you know what I mean. :ermm: Even AMA won't back us up on the Mega Series deal. The CEO of VS can do whatever he wants whenever he wants (& he knows it). Wish I could live like that! AMA's rep for MX told me that the AMA rule book is a set of guidelines not rules set in stone! All I can do is shake my head in discuss. Just a sad issue. It's unfortunate that ATV's are looked at & treated in such a bad way. My son was given an option on what to ride...heck we even tried him on a dirt bike but he chose to ride & race an ATV. It was his decision & I am going to support him 100% for that! :)