PDA

View Full Version : 2006 electric start YFZ starting problems

fosterracing
05-21-2011, 05:15 PM
I've been battling this starting problem for a couple months. The motor turns over just fine but I don't have any spark. I've changed the stator with a new one, new battery and a new wiring harness. Still no spark. I've tried swapping CDI's off other bikes and stilll no luck. The only thing left is the coil, what do you guys think? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

BakerRacing40
05-25-2011, 10:56 PM
don't over look the small stuff if your run/off is defective or a broke wire, etc it will crank but have no spark.
have you changed the spark plug?
do you have a kill switch or any other accessories wired in? if so, remove them to simplify the circuit.
your tps / throttle switch might be not working properly.
clutch switch or neutral switch.
fuses.

it can get very frustrating very quickly when you get into wiring issues. sometimes you'll think you have the problem figured out and then its not the issue.. i have all the switches bypassed on my yfz to try to avoid issues...

also sendin you a pm

fosterracing
05-25-2011, 11:12 PM
I put on a brand new race harness that Michael Green built for me off the yfzcentral forum. It has just my basic needs. I have swapped plugs, put a brand new kill switch on, new stator, new battery. I've swapped the coil, cdi, regulator and stater selenoid off a running bike and still no fire. Just doesn't make sense that I can pull start it but can't electric start it. I'm going to try the start button tomorrow and hopefully that is it. It's about my only hope! Thanks a bunch for the help!

BakerRacing40
05-25-2011, 11:22 PM
not a problem, also you might try to contact Michael and see if he knows where any issues might be in the way he does his race harnesses. if you have another running yfz available, put your race cut harness on it and see what it does. mistakes do happen some times.. he might even have another finished harness he could swap out for you and see if anything is off then, if you don't have another yfz there with you..