PDA

View Full Version : How you are percieved

Pappy
05-20-2011, 05:20 AM
Copied this from a NON-ATV forum.....

rant our neighbor boy(16) ran over our Taco dog last night with his four wheeler! I had let them out to use the bathroom before bedtime. The kid goes out at 10:00pm every night with head phones blasting in his ear and rides his four wheeler around and around his yard till he gets sleepy! Supposedly at the suggestion of his therapist!there are no fences in our neighbor hoods so of course the dog went ove to investigate what he was doing. I didn't see it ,so I am taking his word that it was unintentional! But I am still furious at his carelessness! This is the second one of our tacos he has hurt! The first he cold cocked with a baseball! Again supposedly an accident. He is a five year veteran ball player,you would think he would be able to control where he pitches thto ball at! The dad is a preacher and a nice guy ,but I am really getting tired of this kid! My wife being a nurse has lectured both parents of the hazards of running the four wheeler as fast as it will go in the dark,but they say they tell him not to because it's to late at night ,but it's the only way he can get to sleep! We live in a residential neighborhood.he goes round and round their house and circles a vacant lot on the otherside of them.he has ruined the grass in both yards,i' m surprised the owners of the lot haven't complained because they keep it maintained weekly!
Anyway ,nothing is broken but she is very sore and unable to walk more tHan a few steps at a time this morning,and crys if you touch her! I am sure the dad will be over to inquire about her this morning and it's going to be real hard to be civil!

I ofcourse replied that its THEIR responsibility to keep THEIR dog on THEIR property.

Beyond that, you can see why ATV's and Dirtbikes to an extent get a bad name.....even if they are within their right to ride, sometimes common sense should dictate when and where. Others are replying with calling the cops, noise ordinaces etc.

DnB_racing
05-20-2011, 06:29 AM
this is one of my favorite quotes from a green web site

If I was looking for a way to waste fuel, destroy wildlife habitat, get minimal actual exercise while exposing myself and my family to as dangerous a situation as possible, all under the pretense of “being outdoors”, it sounds like the perfect family vacation.

Pappy
05-20-2011, 06:35 AM
LOL!

DnB_racing
05-20-2011, 06:55 AM
the way certain sites try to portray atvs is,

our entertainment is not the riding. but the actual thrill for us is the destruction of the land and chasing animals and making noise .. oil slicks have chased away the dolphins from the beach, and the dirt from the erosion has gotten into the water and killed all the streams
they try to show others that we enjoy ruining the planet, we use our huge toy haulers, and pull our trailers with hummers,just for entertainment.
we are lawless, loud, no good, destructive, earth hating, lazy criminals!

I hope people think of the power these organizations have, the next time they post pics of themselves riding roads or doing any trail blazing off the trails, its just giving theses people more leverage to make atv's obsolete

Pappy
05-20-2011, 07:06 AM
It all boils down to personal responsibility...which there is a great lack of in so many people

DnB_racing
05-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
It all boils down to personal responsibility...which there is a great lack of in so many people but the sad part is most are responsible riders and neighbors, but are looked upon the same as a few of the bad apples

Pappy
05-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Thats common in everything though....football, baseball, off road activities, hunting, fishing

DnB_racing
05-20-2011, 07:32 AM
but most of those sports dont have entire organizations designed with the sole purpose of giving the sport a bad name,

obviously there are anti hunting groups, but it seams there are more organizations popping up to close all off road type of sports, and its easy for them to grow in numbers, with the bad image they portray us,

we all have to be diplomats to the sport, and help show it in a positive way

ATV Chic
05-20-2011, 08:03 AM
It all boils down to personal responsibility...which there is a great lack of in so many people

AMEN!! NO BODY wants to take responsibilty anymore :mad:
She even stated she KNEW he rode in his yard EVERY night.
Really? Then that's your fault

Ichoptop
05-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Personal responsibility is a thing of the past. We have demascualted the human race with rules and trying to be PC. Not everyone wins the game and not everyone gets a trophy.
Life is hard, wear a helmet.

She should keep her dog on her property. I keep both mine on my property and they are not in danger. So she is part at fault

Riding in a residential neighborhood, in a vacant lot at 10 p.m.? My dad would have blistered my *** if pulled something like that. "The only way he can go to sleep" My dad would have replied "Well, then I guess he can sit in bed and not sleep then" Sounds like his parents are enablers and therefore they are to blame as well.

So...what did we learn?

Keep your damn dogs on a leash and if the jerk off next door fires his quad up at 10 p.m. I would be the first one to be on the phone with the cops.

Pappy
05-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Ichoptop

Riding in a residential neighborhood, in a vacant lot at 10 p.m.? My dad would have blistered my *** if pulled something like that. "The only way he can go to sleep" My dad would have replied "Well, then I guess he can sit in bed and not sleep then" Sounds like his parents are enablers and therefore they are to blame as well.

So...what did we learn?

Keep your damn dogs on a leash and if the jerk off next door fires his quad up at 10 p.m. I would be the first one to be on the phone with the cops.

Ditto

Except we hear quads here all the time, bike to. If its on the weekends no one bothers but during the week it gets annoying. I dont think anyone calls the police out here, we just ride out and have a chat....nicely. Most folks are just having fun.

DNB, couldnt agree more, however the bad apples speak volumes. Fisherman IMO are the dirtiest SOB's out there. I could fill truck after truck with garbage after a weekend in just a few fishing holes along the river. I know most fisherman dont litter, but those that do, do enough of it for the whole bunch. hunters turn around and dump deer carcasses in many of the same spots during deer season.....then teh atv and bike riders rip the place a new *** and its one big garbage filled scum hole. I ofcourse blame those actually responsible for it, but catching them and making them pay is a loosing battle.

DnB_racing
05-20-2011, 09:00 AM
I ofcourse blame those actually responsible for it, but catching them and making them pay is a loosing battle. this is so true!!

at one of my local riding spots someone dumped a truck load of junk!!
knowing this negative publicity wouldn't be good for riding the area,
so I brought my truck and was cleaning the mess and the land owner came flying in accusing me of making the mess,
saying "that's it im closing the gates no more off road allowed"!! I tried telling him I was cleaning it up, his response was "you better clean it"! he had been poisoned by so many punks he wasn't even able to let himself hear that I was actually trying to help,

needless to say that area is closed!

fastredrider44
05-20-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm guessing he has a stock pipe. lol. Just out of curiosity though, is riding his fourwheeler late at night on other people's property within his right to ride? I'm betting not. I ride at night all the time, but I don't have any neighbors either.

Riding wakes me up. :blah:

Pappy
05-20-2011, 09:25 AM
From what was posted it sounds like a typical neighborhood.

We have 2 new "kids" riding here. Both blast down the main roadway. Seldom have helmets etc.

I was told by another neighbor that they hope we get a taste of atv's now that they have them...LOL

I turned Cody loose for 2 hours on his piped YFZ.....point made.

Im sure we will see a bad wreck sooner or later or worse, we all have bets to see if their own mom hits one of them while they are on our road...she flys. Pretty sure her husband is the a-hole who killed my dog(my fault, dog got loose and wife was looking for him when he got hit) because he was flying down the neighborhhod road. These are the first folks to complain about the ruts and potholes in the gravel..duh..slow down city pricks LOL

Tommy Warren
05-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I have backyard chickens too:D

Pappy
05-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I have backyard chickens too:D

LOL..are you on that site? It is nothing to get them folks worked up haha

Kovatch
05-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Agreed... Keep your animal on your property. Plain and simple. Anything else that causes harm to that dog stems from "your" inability to keep him/her contained. If the dog is curious and wants to see what's going on, do we enact laws for the safety of our pets incase they run off... NOPE! They have a mind of their own and will make decisions.

If I'm cruising down a back road and a random dog decides to lick my tires at 60 mph, am I at fault for not swerving into the ditch or running a farmer on his MONSTROUS John Deere off the road to miss the dog...NOPE! It's the owner's responsibility to keep contain their animal.

I respect other's property but it's not my problem to worry about your pet.

250x_kyle
05-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Kovatch
Agreed... Keep your animal on your property. Plain and simple. Anything else that causes harm to that dog stems from "your" inability to keep him/her contained. If the dog is curious and wants to see what's going on, do we enact laws for the safety of our pets incase they run off... NOPE! They have a mind of their own and will make decisions.

If I'm cruising down a back road and a random dog decides to lick my tires at 60 mph, am I at fault for not swerving into the ditch or running a farmer on his MONSTROUS John Deere off the road to miss the dog...NOPE! It's the owner's responsibility to keep contain their animal.

I respect other's property but it's not my problem to worry about your pet.

agree 100 percent. the issue now is the way the legal system works they could probably sue you for 100k over hitting their dog on your own personal property and win.

tjsdaname
05-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Ditto

Fisherman IMO are the dirtiest SOB's out there. I could fill truck after truck with garbage after a weekend in just a few fishing holes along the river. I know most fisherman dont litter, but those that do, do enough of it for the whole bunch. hunters turn around and dump deer carcasses in many of the same spots during deer season.....then teh atv and bike riders rip the place a new *** and its one big garbage filled scum hole. I ofcourse blame those actually responsible for it, but catching them and making them pay is a loosing battle.

I agree about the fisherman. But I am a HUGE fisher, I go probably 4-5 times a week during the summer. I have been taught since I was a little kid (17 now) to leave the land in better shape then you found it. when I go I bring a trash bag, and usually fill it up mostly with beer cans.... because I have seen so many good fishing places be shut down for that reason..... its sad.... a couple idiots can ruin it for the whole bunch, it's that way with everything..

it's the same way with the gun ranges around here. One of them just recently got shut down because people were hauling there thrash out there (t.v's, microwaves) stuff like that and shooting them up... and not picking up there used brass.... it was literally ankle deep... now I have to drive about 60 miles to the range

Pappy
05-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Our local range was shut down for safety reasons, but looked EXACTLY as you described.

muddy400EX
05-21-2011, 08:26 PM
theres no point in trying to be mature or trying to change the outlook of the sport. these people will hate offroad vehicles either way.

no matter what happens, the accident will be blamed on the bike/quad.

like the dog thing, the dumb b1tch shoulda had the stupid dog on a leash, but its blamed on the quad

we would be better off trying to scare them into leaving us alone, by riding like maniacs and destroying everthing

we could be like harley riders, noone would like us, but atleast they would leave us alone

DnB_racing
05-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
theres no point in trying to be mature or trying to change the outlook of the sport. these people will hate offroad vehicles either way.

no matter what happens, the accident will be blamed on the bike/quad.

like the dog thing, the dumb b1tch shoulda had the stupid dog on a leash, but its blamed on the quad

we would be better off trying to scare them into leaving us alone, by riding like maniacs and destroying everthing

we could be like harley riders, noone would like us, but atleast they would leave us alone maybe we should just shoot the people that are trying to enforce gun control also , by your logic that would help

do you have kids? and do you want them to be able to enjoy the same riding spots and experiences you had? if so I really hope you were joking ! people that would do this are the bad apples that dont deserve the right to even ride!!

tri5ron
05-22-2011, 12:17 AM
LOL..are you on that site? It is nothing to get them folks worked up haha hahaha,... I just now saw this thread, and had to reply.
Agreed that the owner of the dog has the responsibility to contain the dog.
also agreed that the kid riding in a residential area at 10pm, is a little too much and a complete disreguard of common courtesy and respect. this is a perfect example of where society has degraded to.

When I was a kid,... if you got in trouble at school, you could bet your a s s, that when you got home, it was going to be 3 times worse.

If you disrespected the neighborhood, or your neighbors,.. you had to seriously consider the penalties of letting Dad find out, or just moving out of town, and hoping to God, that he would never find you.
Death sounded like a better and less painful choice.

and lastly,...
if you guys are reffering to "The BYC",...
I FULLY agree.

Some of those people crack me up !
Talk about some radical liberal fruitloops !
They freaking LOVE their CHICKENS !
They even offer condolencenses to one another when a damn bird dies !

If someone asks what to do with a aggressive rooster, then gets told it is a dangerous animal that can seriously harm and permanatly damage their children,... they would rather try to "Train" or "re-home" the "poor bird", rather than KILL that little Fugger right NOW !

Hell,... they can't even bring themself to SAY "Kill". they prefer to use the word "Culling".
Cracks Me Up!

go check some of my threads on Rat Problems with my small coop, and read some of the replies. They even feel sorry for the RATS !
and especially freak out when I posted a pic of my Magnum Air Rifle, fitted with a scope and barrel mounted flashlight.

I'm surprised they didn't try to suggest that I should try to find someone to "adopt" the Rats !

Screw That !
I have more fun dropping those little bastiiids, with a well placed "Center Mass" shot, using a hollow point hunting pellet, running out at 1000+ fps.

The folks at BYC just FREAK Out, at the thought of turning a rat, or a rowdy rooster,... inside out, at it's first "Offense".

They will go so far, as to actually offer advise, for "rehabilitating" a aggressive bird as opposed to " "Culling" " it !

Cracks me up !

IT'S A STUPID CHICKEN for Christ's sake !
If it attacks me or my kids,.... it's "click - bang - thud", on first offense.

I guess I'm just a "Loose Cannon" by their standards,.... LMAO !
There is NO second chances, around my coop,... and besides, I like homemade soup!

Long Live the BYC ! (and all the p.e.t.a., tree hugger, freaks too).

ROTFLMFAO !!!

Maybe I should add to this, that I am not trying to say that some reasonable forms of conservation are without merit.

I do not want to see any animal needlessly abused or suffer.

I do not pour my used motor oil into a hole dug into the ground.

I encourage and reward my kids, for returning to our camp, with some trash found and retrieved, while on the trail.

and I will be the first to attempt to stop someone from doing a careless, selfish, act of utter disregard for their surroundings.

But as with all things,
it is within reasonable parameters, common sense, and respect for others.

Something that seems all too often, to be lost in todays masses.

sexysilverado45
05-22-2011, 12:29 AM
When I took my Ag in society class it really opened my eyes as to how much hatred there is to the Ag. Life style. Also we talked about how instead of fighting the 10% opposing Ag operations we should show the other 90% what really goes on. This can and should be applied the same way towards our sport.

muddy400EX
05-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
maybe we should just shoot the people that are trying to enforce gun control also , by your logic that would help

do you have kids? and do you want them to be able to enjoy the same riding spots and experiences you had? if so I really hope you were joking ! people that would do this are the bad apples that dont deserve the right to even ride!!

im telling you man, it wouldn't make any difference. if there were no more dummies on quads and bikes, the hate for us would still be the same. its still polluting air, making noise, destroying wild life and environment.

i know from experience that being a mature rider makes NO difference

my old house, i had some fields just down the road. these fields had little paths that went all the way down them and i used to ride the paths around the area. one day a younger guy (found out it was the farmers son) came out and talked to me a little bit, wanted to make sure i wasn't riding through the fields. told him i wouldn't ever do that, i just stay on the paths they had, he said thats cool and he dont care if i ride there.

couple weeks later the father was out there while i was riding, he flagged me down and told me to leave or he was gonna call the cops and have me arrested for riding through his fields

i never ONCE touched any of the fields, just road down these little paths they had for themselves. but u know what that made me want to do? RIP THROUGH HIS ****IN FIELDS!!!

it makes no difference, they just hate us

tri5ron
05-22-2011, 02:57 AM
im telling you man, it wouldn't make any difference. if there were no more dummies on quads and bikes, the hate for us would still be the same. its still polluting air, making noise, destroying wild life and environment.

i know from experience that being a mature rider makes NO difference

my old house, i had some fields just down the road. these fields had little paths that went all the way down them and i used to ride the paths around the area. one day a younger guy (found out it was the farmers son) came out and talked to me a little bit, wanted to make sure i wasn't riding through the fields. told him i wouldn't ever do that, i just stay on the paths they had, he said thats cool and he dont care if i ride there.

couple weeks later the father was out there while i was riding, he flagged me down and told me to leave or he was gonna call the cops and have me arrested for riding through his fields

i never ONCE touched any of the fields, just road down these little paths they had for themselves. but u know what that made me want to do? RIP THROUGH HIS ****IN FIELDS!!!

it makes no difference, they just hate us so let me get this straight,...
These "Paths" are on land that the farmer owns, and he tells you leave.

You failed to get permission from him PRIOR TO riding on the land HE owns, not you.

But since you had spoke with this "younger guy", (who by all rights, had no authority, to give any permissions),...

you feel that you are justified in your anger towards the GROWN MAN WHO OWNS the land, for telling you to leave,...

AND,

You felt like that it should result, in you ripping through his crops, destroying his fields, thrashing his furrows and rows, that he has worked to put there so that he can earn a living,...

But his selfish disregard for your entertainment and recreation,
which should take precedence and priority,
without him having any negative feelings toward you or anybody else on a ATV for that matter, because after all,....

Your really a respectful, and honorable, contributing member of the community.

Right ?

your an idiot.

muddy400EX
05-22-2011, 03:12 AM
his son owns the land with him smartazz, and also does most of the farming. his son is in his 30's. its not like some 16 year old came out and said "ya its cool"

call me an idiot, immature, disrespectful whatever

dont matter, they will always hate off road vehicles. just the way it is

muddy400EX
05-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by tri5ron

You felt like that it should result, in you ripping through his crops, destroying his fields, thrashing his furrows and rows, that he has worked to put there so that he can earn a living,...

and i never did tear up the fields, it just really made me want to

i would never actually do that to a farmer, i know how much hard work it is

but it dont matter, that dude died a couple years ago anyway:blah:

tri5ron
05-22-2011, 03:33 AM
and i never did tear up the fields, it just really made me want to
you are a perfect example of the title for this thread

but it dont matter, that dude died a couple years ago anyway:blah: and your exemplary, selfless, compassion is evident.

muddy400EX
05-22-2011, 03:39 AM
not really, the way you are perceived should be how you ride. i ride respectfully, what i WANT to do and what i ACTUALLY do are two different things

you never get pissed, and want to piss off the person that pissed you off? i sure do, i have a temper, cant help it

and the guy was an a-hole, everyone that knew him said the same thing. he was just an angry old man

buck440
05-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
maybe we should just shoot the people that are trying to enforce gun control also..

boy i wish;)