PDA

View Full Version : Clutch??

trx400Rider
05-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Hey guys, this is a little off topic, but I have noone else to ask about it.
I traded a xbox 360 for a kx80, the clutch pulls in and returns, but doesnt do anything. It wont disengage.
Its like I dont even have a clutch what so ever.
I dont understand why either.
Can it just need a new clutch kit? like plates, friction plates and springs?

Im sorry about this thread having anything to do with EX's, but someone might have had this problem before with a clutch.

Thanks for any input!

vinson581
05-19-2011, 09:25 PM
what year kx80...perhaps someone installed the clutch pressure plates friction bearing assembly backwards, it mounts as the first part on the clutch hub and rides on a large washer, someone ik did this, so it comes to mind as this is the exact same problem he had. sure your clutch cable isnt broken? or the cable is just disconnected from your clutch lever where it comes out of the case on the engine.

trx400Rider
05-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Im guna rip into it this weekend, I'll keep you posted.
And the cable is actualy brand new. When I pull the lever in it pulls the lever on the clutch cover, and when I let go, it returns is to its normal position.
From the looks of the plastics's, its a 90 or below model. And I'm not sure if it's a 80 or 85. I dont know how to tell. If I remove the oil plug from the top of the clutch cover, I can see the side of the clutch basket and clutch plates, the plates move in as I pull the lever and return, but not everytime I pull and release the clutch lever. IDK what to think! lol