PDA

View Full Version : May 21st?

DP #000
05-19-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-preacher-warns-end-of-the-world-is-nigh-21-may-around-6pm-to-be-precise-2254139.html

Anyone believe this shiiiit?

miller821
05-19-2011, 04:52 PM
So he came to this conclusion by multiplying 5x10x17x5x10x17? Seems legit to me...:uhoh:

ATV Chic
05-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Ignorant :ermm:

DnB_racing
05-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by DP #000
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-preacher-warns-end-of-the-world-is-nigh-21-may-around-6pm-to-be-precise-2254139.html

Anyone believe this shiiiit? you might as well give me all your worldly possessions, this will insure you the righteous path into the light!

sexysilverado45
05-19-2011, 08:44 PM
So Saturday we'll all be gone eh? Plus this guy from Kansas is making us kansans look stupid.

250x_kyle
05-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by miller821
So he came to this conclusion by multiplying 5x10x17x5x10x17? Seems legit to me...:uhoh:

x2

trailrider894
05-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Now, i am a christian, but if anyone has any sort of knowledge about the bible, they would know that half of the " prophecies" haven't even been fulfilled yet... Although it is scary to see how close we are getting.... I am not saying on saturday, but could easily been in the next 100yrs, if you believe in it... It said that when a world power tries to split Israel, and here Obama (the idiot) is trying to split Israel... Anyone else going with Glenn on the 9/12 project?? I sure am...

sexysilverado45
05-19-2011, 10:37 PM
9/12 project?

trailrider894
05-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
9/12 project?

Google 9/12 Project, Glenn Beck.

sexysilverado45
05-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Interesting. What's that have to do with the end of the world.

finsteratv
05-19-2011, 11:11 PM
ive heard many religions saying this or thats going to happen or the worlds coming to an end......

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
05-20-2011, 12:51 AM
They should interview the guy who started the "prophecy" on May 22nd and October 22nd. :-)

DnB_racing
05-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
They should interview the guy who started the "prophecy" on May 22nd and October 22nd. :-) his office is open for normal business the day after!!

tjsdaname
05-20-2011, 09:59 AM
lol, even the believers don't believe......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlmTAC96024

OldGuyonaQuad
05-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Just for the record Saturday is the supposed Rapture, not the end of the world. I'm only a part time practicing episcopalian so feel free to correct me here but my understanding was this rapture date (no relation to raptor all though my buddy that's cathloic & owns one doesnt know the difference) is when god comes down and takes all of his followers back up to heavan with him. So if you are here come Sunday and most of your family & friends are gone I would suggest dressing for warm weather and get ready for a battle because Armagedon is next then the end of the world.

Em one question who named the dinosaurs? Was that Adam or Eve?

DnB_racing
05-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
Em one question who named the dinosaurs? Was that Adam or Eve? come on every god fearing person knows there is no such thing as dinosaurs...lol it is just a big conspiracy to try to discredit the catholic church, dinosaurs arnt in the image of god, he didnt make them, thats why there gone.lol

250r rider 88
05-20-2011, 11:26 AM
9/12 party makes quite a bit of sense if you sit and think about it,

but back the main topic of tomorrow: i am a very educated individual, i have a hard time believing in things that cannot be proven through science, history, math, etc., i am not an atheist, i believe there is something out there, just not sure what it is, and i do not discredit anyone for the religious views, but i think this whole end of the world/rapture thing is a crock of ****, the world has been here FOREVER, its seen its share of far worse people than what we have today why wasn't the rapture thousands of years ago? looks at hard scientific facts, the sun is going to burn out, and possibly explode, hundreds of years from now, not tomorrow, this is how I look at it, if i die today the people I love know that I do and thats just the act of randomness that caused my death, not fate, destiny, or "my time" its just when I die

if you believe otherwise I do not discourage your views, this is America and we all have the right to chose what we believe

TheLane
05-20-2011, 11:52 AM
WOOOO!!! bring on the zombie apocalypse! Im ready!:devil:

ive got my zombie survival guide handy.

250r rider 88
05-20-2011, 11:56 AM
^^^
i just sold all my guns and ammo too cause i was hard up for cash, great, looks like i'll have to go find a machete and do some close quarter zombie killing haha

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
05-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
^^^
i just sold all my guns and ammo too cause i was hard up for cash, great, looks like i'll have to go find a machete and do some close quarter zombie killing haha

You get more points for knifing.

250r rider 88
05-20-2011, 12:05 PM
backstabber is +50 or +100?

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
05-20-2011, 12:09 PM
+100. So after just a few you'll have enough points to buy a new gun off the warehouse chalk line anyway. I wouldn't be too worried.

250r rider 88
05-20-2011, 12:14 PM
haha, too true

well idk about you guys but I'll be grilling some brats and drinking some beer on Sunday, whos with me?

flyboy1294
05-20-2011, 12:20 PM
+100. So after just a few you'll have enough points to buy a new gun off the warehouse chalk line anyway. I wouldn't be too worried.
+1

The government actually been aware of the impending zombie threat for years now. On October 17th, 2005, classified documents were released to the public, but have since been kept very hush hush. In 2003 the federal government instated a plan to secretly train an elite team of (Nazi) Zombie killers for years now. The code name for this operation was Treyarch. You are in good hands, my friends.

At dawn, we ride :scary:

TheLane
05-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by flyboy1294
+1

The government actually been aware of the impending zombie threat for years now. On October 17th, 2005, classified documents were released to the public, but have since been kept very hush hush. In 2003 the federal government instated a plan to secretly train an elite team of (Nazi) Zombie killers for years now. The code name for this operation was Treyarch. You are in good hands, my friends.

At dawn, we ride :scary:

i thought Treyarch was the team that was secretly trained to release a mod for a pre existing game and call it new while simontaniusly ruining it.

flyboy1294
05-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
i thought Treyarch was the team that was secretly trained to release a mod for a pre existing game and call it new while simontaniusly ruining it.
They did this in preparation for an even greater oncoming disaster. ;)

One_Bad_400
05-20-2011, 11:23 PM
I am a Christian, believe strongly in God and his word. I do not believe tomorrow is the begining of the end. Thats just stupid. No human knows when the return of Christ is.

Just a little quote i figured I'd share.
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
05-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400

Just a little quote i figured I'd share.
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

I've repeated this quote so many times but yet I notice lately I'm starting to really have my doubts. I guess I'm starting to be more of a factual person, and the bible has none.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
05-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Just so everyone's aware, the supposed Rapture is already false. It's 8 P.M. May 21st in New Zealand and they have had no earthquakes in the last 2 hours. The Rapture was supposed to start with earthquakes starting in New Zealand at 6 P.M. then continue through each time zone when they hit 6 P.M.

slightlybent47
05-21-2011, 01:14 AM
I see dead people!http://planetsmilies.net/angel-smiley-5110.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

TheLane
05-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Just so everyone's aware, the supposed Rapture is already false. It's 8 P.M. May 21st in New Zealand and they have had no earthquakes in the last 2 hours. The Rapture was supposed to start with earthquakes starting in New Zealand at 6 P.M. then continue through each time zone when they hit 6 P.M.

It says in the bible new zealand was gonna be the first to go?

damn.... jesus hates new zealand (sucks to be those guys ):blah:

slightlybent47
05-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Glenn Beck said today was judgment day and the world would come to an end.
But his office is open for regular business Monday morning!lol
What a load!!!

One_Bad_400
05-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Oh trust me, everyone has doubts. Thats what makes a believer a believer, He needs no proof, but for a non-believer, no proof is enough.

I take it like this. There is no way 2 rocks hit each other and became fish and eventually came humans with things such as love, hate, hunger, feelings, pleasure. Thats a pretty high degree a rock must have to be able to make "love". And the process of reproducing. Out of the human mind.

Not trying to turn this into a religious topic, because most get shut down from goobers.

DnB_racing
05-21-2011, 09:39 AM

I take it like this. There is no way 2 rocks hit each other and became fish and eventually came humans with things such as love, hate, hunger, feelings, pleasure. Thats a pretty high degree a rock must have to be able to make "love". And the process of reproducing. Out of the human mind.
I really think this is exactly how my ex was conceived

slightlybent47
05-21-2011, 09:53 AM
What’s the point of warning everyone the world is coming too an end?
If it happens you can’t say I told you so!

slightlybent47
05-21-2011, 09:53 AM
What’s the point of warning everyone the world is coming to an end?
If it happens you can’t say I told you so!

250x_kyle
05-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing

hahahaha

madskrillz2
05-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Oh trust me, everyone has doubts. Thats what makes a believer a believer, He needs no proof, but for a non-believer, no proof is enough.

Not trying to turn this into a religious topic, because most get shut down from goobers.

This is exactly how I feel. I honestly think the whole evolution thing from a freakin fish is ridiculous. If that was true why hasn't any other animal evolved to be a somewhat intelligent being?

madskrillz2
05-21-2011, 12:45 PM

And this made me literally lol.

buck440
05-21-2011, 01:00 PM
i don't have the slightest bit of religion in me but i think it's amazing how just about everybody laughes at what could of been judgement day, the rapture, end of the world, ect. to be honest, it kinda makes me happy people don't take their religion/ lives seriously.

madskrillz2
05-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by buck440
i don't have the slightest bit of religion in me but i think it's amazing how just about everybody laughes at what could of been judgement day, the rapture, end of the world, ect. to be honest, it kinda makes me happy people don't take their religion/ lives seriously.

That's kinda how I feel. I guess I'm a religious person. I mean I don't go to church every Sunday but I do believe in God and an eventual end. Regardless, I think people take things way too literal sometimes. These people saying it's the end have gone through the bible nit picking every small word that could point to the end when in revelations it blatantly says no man will ever know that day and hour. I got into an argument with someone that believed this May 21st thing and he tried to basically say that passage is a lie and didn't really mean we'd never know. Guy was REALLY smart. :uhoh:

trailrider894
05-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
That's kinda how I feel. I guess I'm a religious person. I mean I don't go to church every Sunday but I do believe in God and an eventual end. Regardless, I think people take things way too literal sometimes. These people saying it's the end have gone through the bible nit picking every small word that could point to the end when in revelations it blatantly says no man will ever know that day and hour. I got into an argument with someone that believed this May 21st thing and he tried to basically say that passage is a lie and didn't really mean we'd never know. Guy was REALLY smart. :uhoh:

Well I am definetly a Christian, and I can tell you, I could careless when the world is gonna end.... I take my lifestyle, since it isn't religion, seriously, but did laugh hysterically at this guy... If you even know the slightest about the end times as depicted in the bible you would immediatly know this guy is a wack job... I plan on waking up tomorrow and heading out to practice on the MX track!! Yes, on a sunday.... Its not required to go every sunday...

slightlybent47
05-21-2011, 02:46 PM
This may piss off a lot of people but the truth is what it is.

The Bible is just a book made up by the church it order to manipulate the masses and promote there political power. It is a known fact that the bible has been re written many times in order to promote the political agenda of the day. Remember, the separation of church and state is a new concept and until resent times the church (was and still is in some countries) the law of the land.

Do I believe in God? Yes I do.
Do I believe everything the bible seas? No.

The earth will go on for billions of years. Will we still be here? Only time will tell.

lasher45
05-21-2011, 03:50 PM
What's this I hear about a Raptor coming today?
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc384/lasher45/raptor.jpg

DnB_racing
05-21-2011, 04:09 PM
well its just alittle past 6:00 here on the east coast, so im safe

but maybe he meant you west coast guys are going to have problems, if your near the pacific ocean at 6, you might want to back away from the water,keep an eye out for the big waves

ZeroLogic
05-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by lasher45
What's this I hear about a Raptor a coming today?
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc384/lasher45/raptor.jpg

LMFAO:devil:

buck440
05-21-2011, 05:00 PM
poop

buck440
05-21-2011, 05:07 PM
???

Tommy Warren
05-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
This may piss off a lot of people buy the truth is what it is.

The Bible is just a book made up by the church it order to manipulate the masses and promote there political power. It is a known fact that the bible has been re written many times in order to promote the political agenda of the day. Remember, the separation of church and state is a new concept and until resent times the church (was and still is in some countries) the law of the land.

Do I believe in God? Yes I do.
Do I believe everything the bible seas? No.

The earth will go on for billions of years. Will we still be here? Only time will tell.

true, the bible was a form of criminal control. By striking fear of sudden death or being sentenced to hell (jail) criminals would think twice before commiting evil acts. Do I believe in god? no. It makes no sense to me. A single man can create earth and all creatures in 6 days but he is unable to do anything when his "son" gets nailed to a cross. I don't pretend to know anything about religion but if a talking snake tells me to eat an apple...I'm not going to listen to it:rolleyes: I believe in science....and if we can see pluto and galixys millions of miles away but we can't find heaven.....I'm over it....science has proven the theory of evolution and has proven that dinosaurs existed....nobody has proven anything about religion... I don't bash anybody for their beliefs so don't bash me for mine...I just like proof and logic. but I might bash people who worship cows:blah:

slightlybent47
05-21-2011, 07:14 PM
The way I see it God is giving you a “choice” meaning that you have a choice in how you live your life and what you do with it.
He is not going to save those who do bad things, he will save you when the time suites him and not when you want.
He allows bad things to happen as a test to mankind to see where your heart lye’s.

I think some of the things in the bible were based on some form of truth, but again the church has stepped in and made it what it is today.

If you look back over time more people have been killed or died because of or in the name of what ever GOD those believers worshipped at the time or depending on there beliefs then any other reason. Religion has a very deadly history.

buck440
05-21-2011, 07:22 PM
why the heck don't we have a popcorn smilie?

lasher45
05-21-2011, 07:57 PM

If you look back over time more people have been killed or died because of or in the name of what ever GOD those believers worshipped at the time or depending on there beliefs then any other reason. Religion has a very deadly history.

That is true. A great majority or wars or battle's have been fought over religion or a certain belief.

I've heard some conspiracy theories suggest that Bush invaded Iraq/Afghanistan as another crusade. But I always though we were there for WMD's? :rolleyes:

One_Bad_400
05-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
true, the bible was a form of criminal control. By striking fear of sudden death or being sentenced to hell (jail) criminals would think twice before commiting evil acts. Do I believe in god? no. It makes no sense to me. A single man can create earth and all creatures in 6 days but he is unable to do anything when his "son" gets nailed to a cross. I don't pretend to know anything about religion but if a talking snake tells me to eat an apple...I'm not going to listen to it:rolleyes: I believe in science....and if we can see pluto and galixys millions of miles away but we can't find heaven.....I'm over it....science has proven the theory of evolution and has proven that dinosaurs existed....nobody has proven anything about religion... I don't bash anybody for their beliefs so don't bash me for mine...I just like proof and logic. but I might bash people who worship cows:blah:

I hope this thread does not get locked up because we are talking about this. as long as no crazy's come in here freaking out, it is a nice conversation.

God didn't do anything because he let it happen. He let his son die so our sins could be forgiven. You say one of the reasons you don't believe there is a heaven is because you cant see it. We'll You can't see all dimentions at one time and science has proven there are multiple dimensions. Do I believe there are ghost "spirits", yes, I have had encounters with them and it scared the hell out of me. Did I see them? no. They must be in a different dimention. How do you explain what is here? How do you explain Noah's Ark? How do you explain supernatural things. You can't because it is out of our system. There are other "things" out there than what we see and think. But yes, I can bash with you on the cow worshipers lol

wilkin250r
05-21-2011, 08:09 PM
.science has proven the theory of evolution

Sorry to disappoint you, but evolution is almost as made-up as creation, it's just a more logical pattern that you can accept.

I can give you all types of evidence, but perhaps the most compelling is the actual transition from fluid and inanimate objects to actual life.

Look it up if you want, the idea of amino acids coming together to form proteins, and eventually living cells, and eventually multi-celled organisms with complex organ systems, is as big a stretch of faith as anything in organized religion.

slightlybent47
05-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Sorry to disappoint you, but evolution is almost as made-up as creation, it's just a more logical pattern that you can accept.

I can give you all types of evidence, but perhaps the most compelling is the actual transition from fluid and inanimate objects to actual life.

Look it up if you want, the idea of amino acids coming together to form proteins, and eventually living cells, and eventually multi-celled organisms with complex organ systems, is as big a stretch of faith as anything in organized religion.

Boy that’s the truth! Science is in many cases just a theory and many theories have been proven wrong over and over again.
God sure played an evil trick on us when he gave us a mind and the ability to think, but stopped short in giving us the ability to understand the truth.
He left a lot of room for doubt!

Well let me retract some of that last statement. Over the ages the church and man has erased or hidden the truth by destroying what real evidence there was. The written history has been burned and destroyed, because it was deemed to be in contrast to what the agenda was of the time.
I think we all would be surprised ay what the real truth is.
The Vatican vaults have written documents dating back thousands of years but refuse to let the world see what the truth really is.

buck440
05-21-2011, 09:32 PM
i believe when kids are young and religion is pressed on them just like almost everybody alive, that's what they will believe. a child doesn't know enough to make his own decision. a child is told to go to church every sunday, there is a god, and if your bad you'll go to hell, that is some heavy crap to be putting in a very influential mind. imo it is a form of brainwashing. if your told something from birth, your going to think that, that is the truth no matter what anybody tells you. i just wish parents would just wait for their children to be old enough, know how the real world is, see pain, sorrow, greed, suffering, happiness, all from personal experience and then they could decide on their own. i couldn't ever imagine if i had a kid that i would tell him such stuff that he really couldn't even begin to understand.

it's like religious people saying evolution isn't real, it's fake, never happened because god created us all. hmmmm, i wonder why they unconditionaly believe that? ^^^

Tommy Warren
05-21-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm just saying its easier to believe the theory of evolution over the story of some dude in a robe who....flew in from space? i don't know

ben300
05-21-2011, 10:13 PM
it's like religious people saying evolution isn't real, it's fake, never happened because god created us all. hmmmm, i wonder why they unconditionaly believe that? ^^^

people who dont believe in evolution and who completely fail to ever give a thought into it are purely ignorant IMHO....science has proven evolution...evolution happens daily in our own lives... it happens all around us....

ben300
05-21-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm just saying its easier to believe the theory of evolution over the story of some dude in a robe who....flew in from space? i don't know

occasionally, during the middle of the day, there is a documentary on the history channel (i think thats right), that goes into hardcore depth of how just about spiritual, phantasmic, and supernatural happenings in the bible and other religions can be explained through alien visits...pretty good watch

slightlybent47
05-21-2011, 10:22 PM
This is a rare thread. The subject mater should give into arguing and name calling like so many other threads.
Way to go everyone!

See we can do it!

One_Bad_400
05-21-2011, 10:22 PM
I did not grow up with it pressed on me. If I had to go to church, it was like school. Just another place to take a nap. I did not start getting into church untill i was about 16. When I was 14 a preacher basicly told me if i wasn't saved THAT day that I would go to hell.. I basicly said your an idiot and walked away from the church. A few years later I began to go just because my girlfriend went. I began to listen and look into it myself. Now I am a firm believer. I don't have "religion" I don't base my believes off any religion and think religion is rediculious in my opinion. I do know what i believe will get me to Heaven. I do not believe everyone will go to heaven that calls themselves "Christians". Most "Christians" thing that just because they think there is a God out there and they try to do good that they will get into heaven. "I've never killed anyone and I don't steal so I am a good person" Yes your a good person in societies eyes, but not God's. We are all evil inside. To me, I believe you have to personally Accept that Jesus is your savior, that he died on the cross and so the vail was torn, so we would have a way to be with God personally. Believing that there is a God out there that loves me gives me comfort. There is no worse thing than feeling scared. Knowing there is someone out there gives me comfort makes life easyer.

This is just the way I see life. I do not press what i believe on anyone. I would love to have a converation about the way other people believe, but i will not press anything on them if they dont want it. But you can't just believe in nothing.

One_Bad_400
05-21-2011, 10:30 PM
:chinese:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kr3jmhddC91qzcy5co1_500.jpg

wilkin250r
05-21-2011, 10:30 PM
i just wish parents would just wait for their children to be old enough,

They teach evolution in school, starting from 1st grade, but CAN'T get exposure to religion in school. If they don't get it from their parents, they won't get it at all. But they'll get exposure to evolution, and the secular point of view their entire lives. (the definition of secular is not pertaining to or connected with religion).

How do you expect them to make an educated decision if they are exposed to one point of view their entire lives, but not exposed to the other? Isn't that the very argument you are attempting to make?

slightlybent47
05-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah I think for the most part children don’t really understand what it’s all about and frankly nether do many adults, including myself. I don’t like organized religion because they tend to push too hard and can become too radical for me.
I do think exposing kids to religion is a good thing and gives them the opportunity to see what it’s all about so they can decide what they want to believe in. and if they do chose to go to church on there own later in life they can feel more comfortable walking into a church because they have been there before.

One_Bad_400
05-21-2011, 10:49 PM
In most ways, it does kind of bother me to see a young child get saved because I know it probably was mostly their parents that pushed them. When I was a little kid, all I cared about was having fun in the woods. There are no life problems when you are so young. It bothers me when I hear a kid pre-teen say something like "I felt like I needed Christ because my life just wasn't right and it was heading in the wrong direction."....... What? you haven't even had your first love yet? what problems could you be haveing? Thats when I can see that a Child has been pushed.

Tommy Warren
05-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by ben300
occasionally, during the middle of the day, there is a documentary on the history channel (i think thats right), that goes into hardcore depth of how just about spiritual, phantasmic, and supernatural happenings in the bible and other religions can be explained through alien visits...pretty good watch

I believe in aliens....Although its hasn't been proven or at least documented for the public to see. I mean if every star is a sun with another complete solar system there has to be another life bearing planet out of all of those stars....but I don't believe they can travel billions of miles through space to get here even if they can live for 200 years.... I don't really believe the world could actually end for us.....The theory of the extinction (?) of dinosaurs was a meteor...and its not the impact of the meteor that killed them it was the 3 years of darkness do to the dust that the meteor created. the darkness killed the vegitation, the herbavores all died, leading to the carnivores demise. I believe that we could survive through 3 years of darkness because of our ability to store food and out invention of preservatives and non perishable food items...just my .02

tri5ron
05-22-2011, 12:36 AM
well, I have not read through all the pages of replies to this thread, ...But I was just wondering if the "Rapture Tsunami" that I was expecting to sweep the country 6pm EST... has happened anywhere ?

or did I miss it ?

slightlybent47
05-22-2011, 12:47 AM
There is a new theory that it wasn’t a meteor or the aftermath that killed the dinosaurs, there are some that now think they were already dead just before it happened and it was something else that killed them.

trailrider894
05-22-2011, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by tri5ron
well, i hae not read through all the pages of replies to this thread, ...But I was just wondering if the "Rapture Tsunami" that I was expecting to sweep the country 6pm EST... has happened anywhere ?

or did I Miss It ?

I was raptured then spit back out, apparently me not taking a shower today played a role??? :huh

One__bad__400, I can't agree with you more on everything you said!!! I would never try to press my beliefs onto anyone!! Its everyone's personal choice to believe what they want!! I personally believe in Intelligent design, because i have chosen that it makes twice as much sense as evolution!!! Just the idea of two land masses colliding then creating cells that turned into tadpoles that turned into fish that turned into fish with feet, that turned into a monkey..... etc... you would think that we would see evolution continuing through time.

Now to those who will saw that evolution happens when animals adapt to different environments, it is actually called adaptation, its not evolution.... Just like when you move from the valley to the top of the mountain, you adapt the thinner air... Your not evolving, because you can adapt right back to the thick air at sea level.

Tommy Warren
05-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Adaption can happen in a lifetime of an animal...evolution takes thousands of years. Snakes used to have legs but they evolved to survive without them...the only snake with a limb left is the anaconda and it has a little finger like claw on its bottom side and scientists still haven't found a single use for it...food for thought;)

madskrillz2
05-22-2011, 03:33 AM

You're officially my favorite person on this forum.

buck440
05-22-2011, 07:52 AM
They teach evolution in school, starting from 1st grade, but CAN'T get exposure to religion in school. If they don't get it from their parents, they won't get it at all. But they'll get exposure to evolution, and the secular point of view their entire lives. (the definition of secular is not pertaining to or connected with religion).

How do you expect them to make an educated decision if they are exposed to one point of view their entire lives, but not exposed to the other? Isn't that the very argument you are attempting to make?

i don't know about you but i don't even remember the first grade. i think third is where i have some memory lol.

wilkin250r
05-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Adaption can happen in a lifetime of an animal...evolution takes thousands of years.

There it is, my arguement wrapped up on one, neat little sentence.

There is a difference between "evidence" and "proof", or if you prefer a different terminology, a difference between a suggestion and proof.

We see adaptation, we have proof of adaptation all throughout history. And it suggests that prolonged adaptation would eventually result in a complete change, from one thing into another. Evolution. And I can't argue, it makes sense.

Problem is, we don't have any actual "proof" of evolution, all we have are these suggestions. We have skeletal remains of early man, and they are different from us. More like apes, and this suggests that man evolved from apes. But the problem is, we never actually FOUND those apes, we never found that half-man-half-ape. We don't have any actual proof of the transistion, we don't have the steps from 100% ape, 75%ape/25%human, 50/50, then 25% ape/ 75% human, and then 100% human.

All we have are human remains that look more ape-like than what we have today. And I'll admit, it does sound logical, it does indeed suggest that we evolved. But again I say, it only suggests, it doesn't prove. We've never found any actual proof of one species changing into another.

And I'll go ahead and poke a little fun at you right now, you take these bits of evidence and theory, and you beleive it, even without that 100% solid proof. I think that's the definition of faith.

tri5ron
05-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I have Faith that those who are looking for Proof,....

Any Proof,....

THEIR Proof,...

WHICH EVER SIDE THEY CHOOSE TO BELIVE,.....

Will find Their "proof",..
Through their own self serving Evidence and Suggestions.

Tommy Warren
05-22-2011, 10:48 AM
although mitochondrial DNA has proven we did evolve from apes I'm not going to argue with you...its not what this thread is about. and we have 7 pages of civilized conversation about our beliefs which has to be some kind of record:macho and although religious people believe that we are the imbred children of adam and eve and that some of us just happened to be black or asian (?), people also used to believe the world was flat....science proved that the world is round and its just a matter of time before science proves exactly where we came from....

blaster12s
05-22-2011, 12:58 PM
some people make me wonder about the human race.

slightlybent47
05-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Did we come from ape’s? I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure.
So I give you this to think about, there are many deferent kinds of ape’s and monkeys and to say we came from one single kind is just stupid. At one time there may have been thousands of types of ape’s and only a few made the changes that lead to us.
Or did we evolve from something completely deferent then ape’s?

Witch brings me to this, why are we so intent on saying we are all the same?
Yes we come in black and white but we are not the same breed of human.
Just like the animal kingdom we come in deferent races. What I mean is there are all kinds of cows and they are deferent breeds but still cows.
Same with everything else, deferent breeds of birds are still birds, and so on.
So to me we are deferent breeds but still human, and to say we are the same is stupid as well. As humans we are deferent but still the same.

Evolution can go slowly or make huge leaps very quickly so to say it took millions of years for us to develop, may or may not be true.
We are still guessing at a lot of this stuff just like we are guessing at global warming.
You can’t bass environmental changes on written records when they only go back 100 years or so and the earth and the changes in weather go back millions of years.
I’m not talking huge changes like an ice age but the small changes that leave no evidence, like the one’s we are experiencing now.

I think we evolved from something completely deferent then ape’s.

Tommy Warren
05-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Did we come from ape’s? I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure.
So I give you this to think about, there are many deferent kinds of ape’s and monkeys and to say we came from one single kind is just stupid. At one time there may have been thousands of types of ape’s and only a few made the changes that lead to us.
Or did we evolve from something completely deferent then ape’s?

Witch brings me to this, why are we so intent on saying we are all the same?
Yes we come in black and white but we are not the same breed of human.
Just like the animal kingdom we come in deferent races. What I mean is there are all kinds of cows and they are deferent breeds but still cows.
Same with everything else, deferent breeds of birds are still birds, and so on.
So to me we are deferent breeds but still human, and to say we are the same is stupid as well. As humans we are deferent but still the same.

Evolution can go slowly or make huge leaps very quickly so to say it took millions of years for us to develop, may or may not be true.
We are still guessing at a lot of this stuff just like we are guessing at global warming.
You can’t bass environmental changes on written records when they only go back 100 years or so and the earth and the changes in weather go back millions of years.
I’m not talking huge changes like an ice age but the small changes that leave no evidence, like the one’s we are experiencing now.

I think we evolved from something completely deferent then ape’s.

maybe apes evolved from us....who know all I'm saying is evolution in my opinion is much more believable then religion....religion is a form of control and power...to use it for good is completely okay in my opinion. but you use it for an excuse to blow people up and kill people is not a religion....its a cult.

One_Bad_400
05-22-2011, 10:55 PM
One thing that throws up a red flag when i think of evoution is the fact of sexual reproduction. For this you need 2 to tango. How in the world did that rock with a science degree know to make both sexual parts to reproduce? What came first; the baby or the adults? had to be the adults and there had to be at least 2 of them to make the baby. When I think about everything in this universe, something or someone had to make this stuff. It didn't come out of no where. Now you can also say, well if God made all of this, then where did God come from? No one knows the right answer to that and never will. No one will ever how the TRUTH about any of this stuff we are talking about. We can only believe what our minds let us. The way I see it, is your not going to loose anything in believing in God, if anything He's Insurance on your life. Someone that believes in Evolution only, should look into the theory of there being a God. Because it IS a possibility. Because I believe in a higher power does not mean I stick my nose up to science and theories. I LOVE reading about some of the things scientist come up with. It all fasinates me, but in the end I believe in God day after day.

madskrillz2
05-22-2011, 11:54 PM
One thing that throws up a red flag when i think of evoution is the fact of sexual reproduction. For this you need 2 to tango. How in the world did that rock with a science degree know to make both sexual parts to reproduce? What came first; the baby or the adults? had to be the adults and there had to be at least 2 of them to make the baby. When I think about everything in this universe, something or someone had to make this stuff. It didn't come out of no where. Now you can also say, well if God made all of this, then where did God come from? No one knows the right answer to that and never will. No one will ever how the TRUTH about any of this stuff we are talking about. We can only believe what our minds let us. The way I see it, is your not going to loose anything in believing in God, if anything He's Insurance on your life. Someone that believes in Evolution only, should look into the theory of there being a God. Because it IS a possibility. Because I believe in a higher power does not mean I stick my nose up to science and theories. I LOVE reading about some of the things scientist come up with. It all fasinates me, but in the end I believe in God day after day.

I feel the same way. I believe in Aliens and all that, you name it. Who knows, maybe one day we'll find out religion and science will coincide and solve everything we've been looking for.

Tommy Warren
05-23-2011, 02:05 AM
One thing I can't wrap my head around is space being infinate....It just never ends....you can't go beyond space or you can't measure the size of space because it there is no starting or ending points...just imagine whats out there:eek:

quadrider
05-23-2011, 03:15 AM
preaty much sums it up ,, lol

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zHex9GDQ2S0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zHex9GDQ2S0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n16PpvdpMXo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n16PpvdpMXo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

quadrider
05-23-2011, 03:26 AM
and one more just for fun!!! This one kills me everytime!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350" data="http://i.adultswim.com/adultswim/video2/tools/swf/viralplayer.swf"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.adultswim.com/adultswim/video2/tools/swf/viralplayer.swf"/><param name="FlashVars" value="id=8a250ba12e4e557e012e5dfc792401e6" /><embed src="http://i.adultswim.com/adultswim/video2/tools/swf/viralplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" FlashVars="id=8a250ba12e4e557e012e5dfc792401e6" allowFullScreen="true" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

brian76708
05-23-2011, 03:37 PM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/pelbri08/eaaimegx4z97zi2tgel.jpg

Tommy Warren
05-23-2011, 04:06 PM
well this thread was fun while it lasted...go ahead and get ready to lock it up....the children must be home from school:mad:

DnB_racing
05-23-2011, 05:20 PM
well this thread was fun while it lasted...go ahead and get ready to lock it up....the children must be home from school:mad: Tommy I must admit, Im thinking alot different about you lately,I mean it in a good way!!:D

Tommy Warren
05-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Tommy I must admit, Im thinking alot different about you lately,I mean it in a good way!!:D

Are you trying to get fresh with me?:eek:

:D thanx bro

Sjorge450R
05-23-2011, 06:10 PM

Your looking at it at the large scale. Think about single celled organisms. They reproduce on their own...over time, this produced more evolved versions of the cell which in turn created everything and anything. No need to have two of these things to start off with. One was sufficient.

mx Eli
05-23-2011, 07:11 PM
The odd thing was... my birthday is may 21st! hahahahah

buck440
05-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by brian76708
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/pelbri08/eaaimegx4z97zi2tgel.jpg

x2

JAG Motosports
05-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Laugh it up now, eternity is along time..you can always think of how funny u where on the forums...

TheLane
05-24-2011, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by JAG Motosports
Laugh it up now, eternity is along time..you can always think of how funny u where on the forums...

Dear forum gods, someone please lock this retarded A** thread.

ben300
05-24-2011, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by JAG Motosports

i think peter is gonna care alot more about what goes on outside a internet forum...

...kinda like a ll the porn your watching right now;)