PDA

View Full Version : First Video Edit

BoneStockHonda
05-19-2011, 03:34 PM
I got a GoPro for my birthday and finally got to test it out. I used Sony Vegas to make it. Just used footage from a 2 or 3 hour ride so its not very long. It was also my first time editing a video so let me know what you think. Constructive critizism welcome.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bISctz55xuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slightlybent47
05-20-2011, 01:30 AM
I can’t stress this enough to anyone making a riding vid. Music is a nice addition, but this is a riding vid so mix the sound so we can hear both the music and the motor.
Windows movie maker has where you can mix the music and the sound from the video so you can hear both at the same time.
Otherwise nice vid and a good start! Try the same thing but put a little sound from the vid on there.

Also try having a buddy use the camera and shoot footage of the same section from deferent angles and splice them together so we get a deferent view of the ride.
In other words take video of you approaching a jump then switch views and show you from the helmet cam and switch back to a seen of you riding away from the same jump.

You will have to take several takes of the ride and them blend and splice them together.

It's a lot of work but you get a much better video in the end.

Pappy
05-20-2011, 03:12 AM
Helmet cams and backyard videos still out do anything ive seen done by those trying to be videographers! Love them!

BoneStockHonda
05-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47

Also try having a buddy use the camera and shoot footage of the same section from deferent angles and splice them together so we get a deferent view of the ride.
In other words take video of you approaching a jump then switch views and show you from the helmet cam and switch back to a seen of you riding away from the same jump.

You will have to take several takes of the ride and them blend and splice them together.

Yeah my friends and I are planning on filming stuff like that all summer then throwing a video together at the end of the year. This was just to try my hand at editing as well as the camera.

I also tried to get some motor sounds in there but the music was drowning it out. I'm gonna try to do it in my next edit though.

slightlybent47
05-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Yeah too much flippin back and forth can be annoying and hard on the eyes.
But a few deferent angles are nice, just don’t over do it. I wish I had a go pro, there cool!

TheLane
05-20-2011, 09:50 AM
looks like your front end is pushing a little bit in that quarry like area.

and lean man! get that A** inside that fender. :D

overall cool vid, really cool place to ride.