PDA

View Full Version : help please!!!!!

01boneless
05-19-2011, 01:45 PM
ok help me please, i tested the cam chain tetioner out on the bike and it turned both ways counter clockwise and clockwise witch made me belive it was bad. but just in case i still pulled the exhaust to take it off and be sure, but when the tentioner is off it only turns the right way that it is supposed to clockwise ,sooo in witch case means its good. but my big question is the guide that is inside the tentioner hole when pushed on does not budge,is it supposed to move on not? i figured id ask because if it is supposed to move and me finger pressure doent move it i know a little tentioner cant so please help me out i need to get this back togetther :ermm: :mad:

Budweiserebel07
05-19-2011, 02:50 PM
The guide that the tensioner touches should move when the tensioner is out.I'm pretty sure it doesn't move when the tensioner is engaged.

AtvKid4Eva
05-19-2011, 02:56 PM
When you turn the tensioner so the plunger is pulled toward you and then you let go it should spring back with a good amount of force. If it dosent its bad. and yes the guide will move by pressing on it with the tensioner out.

Budweiserebel07
05-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
When you turn the tensioner so the plunger is pulled toward you and then you let go it should spring back with a good amount of force. If it dosent its bad. and yes the guide will move by pressing on it with the tensioner out.

Yep. The mans right

01boneless
05-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva

my guide wont budge whats wrong?

01boneless
05-19-2011, 07:23 PM
bump?? steve ,cjm ,johndoe any one?

01boneless
05-19-2011, 08:49 PM
:ermm: