PDA

View Full Version : Shipping an atv??

trailrider894
05-19-2011, 12:58 PM
How much would it cost to ship a sport ATV? Dan, this one is for you.... I am considering coming out their to your stomping grounds this summer.... I realize that shipping it is a huge risk, but whatever... How much would this cost??? Or, do you have any other ideas?

exrider12
05-19-2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.haulbikes.com/ship_atv.html

This is what I was going to do when I planned to go toBreezewood. Very good company.

mjc597
05-19-2011, 01:10 PM
if you ship it up there, you'll have to ship it back..uship.com is a good site..you tell people what you need shipped, and they bid on the job..and you accept the offer you like best..good people on that site..if you don't have a truck..why not just rent one for the weekend..might be cheaper than shipping it there and then back home.. jmo

trailrider894
05-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by mjc597
if you ship it up there, you'll have to ship it back..uship.com is a good site..you tell people what you need shipped, and they bid on the job..and you accept the offer you like best..good people on that site..if you don't have a truck..why not just rent one for the weekend..might be cheaper than shipping it there and then back home.. jmo

Well the thing this, i was planning on making it a week long trip to the east coast and hitting the city and what not... Guess i could leave it all at Breezwood.

fastrnrik
05-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by mjc597

Be careful with uship.... My friend sold a bike to a guy up north (we're in FL). The buyer hired a guy off uship. The guy was a licensed shipper, etc, etc, but the problem was he subbed it out to another guy who then got another guy to pick it up. See the problem? The bike never made it........
I would deal strictly with a legitimate shipping company with good insurance, and get EVERYTHING spelled out in your shipping contract.
Just my $.02

CJM
05-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Best thing to do take your truck and see if Dan will let you leave your quad there.

smr
05-20-2011, 05:59 AM
this can be done cheaper than most people expect. Take the wheels off and strap it down to a pallet. Just about any frieght company will haul it then. You will have to take it to a terminal and pick it up at a terminal but it's usually a good deal.

Call all your local trucking companies and see if they will work with you.

I actually shipped one from Cali to Ky for under $200.00 once.