PDA

View Full Version : Think I can take em?????

prettyboyrider
05-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Got a trx450 calling me out in a 1/8th mile asphalt drag race.....Think I can take him...
Bout done rebuilding
96shee. Mx/woods ported polished cylinders. .90 prolites stage 4 head 19cc domes two into one carb stage 4.+4timing and stage 4 dyno ignition vforce two reeds +6swingarm water impellar and inline cooler and sst pipes.....think he's running some 8.00 8.6......think I can take em and whats the best gearing for the 1/8....i have 16/40now and top end is killer i just ordered 15 should that work.......

JOHNDOE83
06-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Id like to know what times you guys run, my 400ex runs a 8 sec 1/8th mile.

whats his 450rs 8th time?

Hondamaster5505
06-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Depends what's done to the 450.

If you had a nice dune port, I would say you're probably guarenteed to beat him. (Unless he is a full blown drag bike) But the MX port isn't as much of a top-end screamer.

You'll probably still beat him, ported banshee's are nothing to mess with. I've seen full bolt-on banshee's (head, intake, exhaust, etc) run 8's and faster without touching the porting.

prettyboyrider
06-07-2011, 01:02 AM
He has cams and head work from what i hear he runs 8.6 8.5 in the low 8......and my top end already screams do to my two into one carb set up n sst pipes......

JOHNDOE83
06-13-2011, 03:52 PM
go to a test and tune night and get your times before you agree to race...lol.

With your bike, with the right tires and struts you should easily run a 8 sec 1/8th mile.

prettyboyrider
06-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Same thing i was thinking i use to run high 8 and 9 before i really did any motor work i just had bolt on parts stock motor and i couldnt keep the thing on the ground at all so i know i should hit the very low times now since Im getting off+6 swing arm. .90 over bore ported polished and hot rods crank.....should whoop him good.....

poppa-willie
06-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by prettyboyrider
He has cams and head work from what i hear he runs 8.6 8.5 in the low 8......and my top end already screams do to my two into one carb set up n sst pipes......

Your carb and pipe setup are both bottom- mid oriented. A twin carb set up along with shearers, cpi's and even t5's would improve top end performance. don't get me wrong, I'm sure it still runs well on top, but it's not from your 2-1 carb or sst pipes. from the sounds of it I'd say it's gonna be a good race. Whoever wins won't win by much.

prettyboyrider
06-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks

coreyflipp
07-13-2011, 09:00 AM
What year is the 450 04/05 or 06+. I just picked up a 98 Banshee monday and rode it for the first time yesterday. I rode with my buddy who has a 06 450r with the HRC kit. The mods that I know for sure on the Banshee are Toomey T5's and K&N filter and I would imagine it's been jetted correctly too.

Anyways we did multiple runs and once I got the shifting down it was dead even from a 2nd gear roll all the way through top gear. Neither one of us could edge the other out and it was neck and neck.

Now from a stand still like what you would be doing it is going to be a drivers race. It's going to boil down to who can keep the front end down and if you can keep it in the powerband taking off. The 450 is such a torque monster though and more forgiving.
If I wasn't spot on with my shifts and rpms the 450 would walk away rather quickly everytime.

Edit:Just realized this thread is three months old, I'm sure they've raced by now.

Hondamaster5505
07-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by coreyflipp
What year is the 450 04/05 or 06+. I just picked up a 98 Banshee monday and rode it for the first time yesterday. I rode with my buddy who has a 06 450r with the HRC kit. The mods that I know for sure on the Banshee are Toomey T5's and K&N filter and I would imagine it's been jetted correctly too.

Anyways we did multiple runs and once I got the shifting down it was dead even from a 2nd gear roll all the way through top gear. Neither one of us could edge the other out and it was neck and neck.

Now from a stand still like what you would be doing it is going to be a drivers race. It's going to boil down to who can keep the front end down and if you can keep it in the powerband taking off. The 450 is such a torque monster though and more forgiving.
If I wasn't spot on with my shifts and rpms the 450 would walk away rather quickly everytime.

Edit:Just realized this thread is three months old, I'm sure they've raced by now.

Also, the OP has more mods including porting. Porting makes the banshee a different animal.

Although I do think those pipes are gonna hold him back.

coreyflipp
07-13-2011, 11:18 AM
The thing I'm liking on the OP's banshee is the +6 swingarm. He should've been able hand the R a hiding. I wonder if they ever raced.

prettyboyrider
08-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Well guys still Havent raced got my Banshee rebuild but just now getting it dialed in cause hes fast found out his trx 450 is stroked and cam its a 500cc.....he running 8.2 seconds but one i grt dialed in we're goin to go at it......

HondaPohl
08-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Video tape the race if you can. Lets see what kind of damage you do!

Hondamaster5505
08-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by prettyboyrider
Well guys still Havent raced got my Banshee rebuild but just now getting it dialed in cause hes fast found out his trx 450 is stroked and cam its a 500cc.....he running 8.2 seconds but one i grt dialed in we're goin to go at it......

Look at it this way, even if you DON'T win, while he's pretty maxed, you haven't even tapped the potential of that banshee motor :D

prettyboyrider
08-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Umma video it win or lose my dial in should be done Tuesday so we should be ready to race within the next couple weeks......hope i can take em he's fast guys very fast.....but he talks trash all the time so i hope i put him on a plate n have a good meal eating that 450

prettyboyrider
08-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Think my mods are good enough?????

HondaPohl
08-07-2011, 03:22 PM
See who takes the light. I think you got it. And I am not bais cuz I run a shee. HAHA

Muggzy
08-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Any updates for us?

prettyboyrider
09-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Found out hes stroked n cam running a 502 kit.....not ready for him yet but whooped another trx450 like he stole something bout 4 times head up then gave em a jump then gave em bck tire n jump