PDA

View Full Version : 250R graphic

quadfmx
05-19-2011, 05:27 AM
They seem to be getting fewer and farther in between from what ive seen i been looking off and on as im replacing plastic and most i see are the people who has a few designs and they will make you one of those,

thats not what Im looking for at all, I may see if I can draw my own and then get them into a graphical editor or something and have a company produce me a few sets,

If anyone know of any good looking ones please post, would be much appreciated

troybilt
05-19-2011, 07:31 AM
I draw my own. You can download Inkscape from the www and it will do what you need. I used GIMP for my designs. I have the template for one side that you just have to mirror for creating the whole graphics. I'll post some pics in a little bit. Photobucket is slow this morning.

gtilley45
05-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Troy, was it you that emailed me the template? I've got a friend that's really good at photoshop, design work, and all that........she'd been wanting to try her luck on a set of ATV graphics so she's working on mine right now. I can't wait to see how they turn out. From what she's showed me so far, I like them so far.

Speaking of this, I've got a couple questions for some of the people that have done your own. My first question is about sponsor decals. What's the best way to put those on the graphics? The woman doing my graphics says she needs my sponsor logos in PDF format but I don't know how to get them in PDF format. Also, do any of y'all make any fender graphics? Just like something to keep your boots from killing the bottom of your fenders and keep from the stickers getting peeled off? Another question, where's the best place to have them printed after the design work is finished?

JoePA
05-19-2011, 09:45 PM
As far as the sponsors go get a decal of your sponsors and give them to your designer. She can scan them in and then she can blow them up or shrink them as needed. Sometimes if you copy paste a pic the resolution isn't what it needs to be.

My wife does this for a living and i've been trying to get her to make 250R graphic kits up but the cost per kit gets pricey cuz she has to send the file to another design shop that has a printer ploter machine then have the graphics laminated. The machine is somethign crazy like $12,000 so she's holding out.

When you get the design done let me know. I'll see what it would cost to have the design sent to the place she sends hers.

gtilley45
05-20-2011, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by JoePA
As far as the sponsors go get a decal of your sponsors and give them to your designer. She can scan them in and then she can blow them up or shrink them as needed. Sometimes if you copy paste a pic the resolution isn't what it needs to be.

My wife does this for a living and i've been trying to get her to make 250R graphic kits up but the cost per kit gets pricey cuz she has to send the file to another design shop that has a printer ploter machine then have the graphics laminated. The machine is somethign crazy like $12,000 so she's holding out.

When you get the design done let me know. I'll see what it would cost to have the design sent to the place she sends hers.

I thought they could just be scanned too, I've got a bunch of stickers I was just gonna mail to her. But she says she needs them in PDF format so that won't work. She doesn't do it for a living, it's kind of a side project for her so she might not have the latest and greatest programs to do it with and that might be why scanning them won't work.......I don't know. I just know that she knows what she's doing, and she told me she needed them in PDF.

One of the guys in the hybrid forum here just has his own made. I actually talked to him a little about maybe doing mine before I found out my friend wanted a shot at the design. I'm THINKING he told me that he knew a place that would print them for $100. Which isn't too bad considering most graphics are like $69 or something like that. But yeah, if you could check into the price on that I would REALLY appreciate it!

troybilt
05-20-2011, 08:09 AM
I made my own sponsor decals too... Its pretty easy with any photoediting softward, Photoshop, GIMP, Inkscape, Illustrator, etc...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Project%20Elsinore/Elsinore_Graphics11.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Project%20Elsinore/elsinore_graphics3_design.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/250r_velvetlinedcasket.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Silverlake250r.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/250r_USA_graphics.jpg

socal
05-20-2011, 11:18 AM
:eek2: That U.S.A flag graphic is NICE!!!:eek2:

stever250r
05-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by socal
:eek2: That U.S.A flag graphic is NICE!!!:eek2:

I agree!!!!! Nice work Troy!!

I want a set of Troy Designed Custom Graphics for my Laeger Build.. Please... Please... Please.... LOL :D

troybilt
05-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by stever250r
I agree!!!!! Nice work Troy!!

I want a set of Troy Designed Custom Graphics for my Laeger Build.. Please... Please... Please.... LOL :D

Yep you're on the list. I can work on that here eventually, when I get some free time. I've got some ideas, but send me what you're thinking.

gtilley45
05-20-2011, 01:59 PM
So you think the sponsor logos can be put on there with Photoshop? I really want the logos made into the graphics instead of individual stickers that won't last very long.

troybilt
05-20-2011, 02:01 PM
yes they can, your designer should be able to do that easily.

stever250r
05-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
Yep you're on the list. I can work on that here eventually, when I get some free time. I've got some ideas, but send me what you're thinking.

Great!!.. Thanks Troy... I understand about having the time, and I am not in any hurry.... I still have a very long way to go...

I have some ideas, but I will have to see how things start coming together after I get parts back from Powder and actually start putting some parts on the frame...

I'll send over some pictures and some ideas then...

Thanks again!....

JxxxOxxxE
08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
I made my own sponsor decals too... Its pretty easy with any photoediting softward, Photoshop, GIMP, Inkscape, Illustrator, etc...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/250r_USA_graphics.jpg

That is sweet...any pics of it on a bike? Do you sell the designs?

troybilt
08-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Never did install that one. The guy I designed that one for had other ideas. I like it, myself.... Haha

slamdak8782
08-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Troy your designs look awesome!!! I want to learn how to do this. How do you make the template for where to cut them to fit the r profile?

socal
08-12-2011, 01:15 PM
I would think the easiest way would be to copy an existing kit!Troy,seems if you produced a few kits you would have buyers!Including me!!!

JxxxOxxxE
08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Never did install that one. The guy I designed that one for had other ideas. I like it, myself.... Haha

Do you mind sharing the fie?

fastredrider44
08-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by JoePA
but the cost per kit gets pricey cuz she has to send the file to another design shop that has a printer ploter machine then have the graphics laminated. The machine is somethign crazy like $12,000 so she's holding out.

More than that.:blah:

troybilt
08-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by socal
I would think the easiest way would be to copy an existing kit!Troy,seems if you produced a few kits you would have buyers!Including me!!!

PM me if you need something...

gtilley45
08-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Any other suggestions on where to have these printed? The design on mine is close to being finished, so I'll need to have them printed soon. A friend of mine told me DFR would print them, and Nate Walsh said SSI does their graphics and they'd print them. He also said they are probably about to do another run of a couple different designs of the Walsh 250R graphics.

There's still some tweaking left to do. Gotta change the ITP logo to a Goldspeed logo, the Yamaha logo is upside down, I want a bigger Walsh logo up at the top by the tank, and I want my sponsor's logo on there somewhere. But here's the design of mine so far.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd132/gtilley45/Walsh%20YZ%20rebuild%202011/tilley4.jpg

Higgy87TRX425
08-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Those are looking pretty sweet!! I like how alot of people are jumpin on this topic and making there own graphics kits! Now you guys got me thinking and that can cause trouble with the Girlfriend, I'm only suppose to be finishing my current build right now!! LOL! I guess I'll just have to take her shopping, then she'll forget all about the new graphics kits and of corse the seat cover that I spent money on. You can't have fresh graphics without a brand spankin new seat cover can you?? Ha HA. See ya in the doghouse, Later Higgy! Oh dam I haven't even told her about the other motor up at Hybrid Engineering yet!! This outta be good!

JoePA
08-14-2011, 08:32 PM
If you need a contact of where to get them printed I will ask where my wife gets hers done. If she had the printer plotter I would have her print them up but they are $$$$$$$.

I'll get the info tomorrow and post it for anyone that is interested. Not sure of the cost but I'll check on that as well.

racermike311
08-15-2011, 04:25 PM
where can I get a 250r template?

Thanks, Mike

racermike311
08-15-2011, 04:25 PM

Thanks, Mike

DoonRider
08-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by racermike311

Thanks, Mike
google gets you to some:
"250r graphic template"

Langbolt
08-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Does anyone know how I can convert this one from Autocad DXF to something you can use to have printed. I tried converting it to Adobe Illustrator with some converter off the web but it didn't work.... :(

This one's for a 400EX with the Maier 1 piece front end.