PDA

View Full Version : gt thunder?

chuck D
05-18-2011, 07:32 PM
so i am looking at getting some 450r front suspension for my 400 due to my new found racing adventures. I was on gt thunder the other day and saw that they had a 450 conversion kit. after emailing them they said that they build a custom conversion for the 400 that is valved to me for $400. Now my question is has anybody dealt with this conversion? i just want to know what im getting into and if its worth it or not. thanks for the input
~ chuck

sheweezy
05-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Hygear Suspension does an excellent job with 450r rebuilds. $640 to be revalved, resprung with triple rate 400 and 500 springs, and completely rebuilding shock with other components..and also there first revalve after initial purchase is free...I was more than happy with mine....

supertrooper90
05-18-2011, 08:29 PM
I have the 450r shocks on my 400ex set up for xc from gt thunder. I'm very very happy with them. Although i think I will not use GT Thunder again. I had a broken crossover (its the plastic piece between the main spring and the tender spring). I called and ordered them, they arrived in a timely fashion and I received a 6x6x6 box marked ups ground and it said 1lb on the box. They charged me $18 for shipping!!! I thought it must be a mistake and was told thats what it costs. So im a little chapped over that. I spoke to hygear onmonday about doing some stuff with my wifes shocks. the guy spent quite a while with me on the phone. I'm gonna give them a try.

chuck D
05-18-2011, 08:34 PM
alright thanks for the input guys appreciate it

sheweezy
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah, Jon from Hygear does a more than excellent job of relaying information and dealing with each customer personally, noting everything you want done, will suggest what you might want to look at doing for what type of riding you are going for, and if he doesn't know something he will definitely find out and get back to you....For example) I have been doing a custom link for my 450r rebuilt rear shock on a 450r swinger...they have sent many multiple prototype links and shocks at no charge to see what set up is going to work best for me...Excellent company, top notch in sno-mobile world and just scratching the surface on atv shocks...they definitely know what they are doing...really hope more people can start sending them their 450r shocks to rebuild for 400ex...They had my front shocks to me in about ten days....