PDA

View Full Version : 450r carb acting odd.

minimac21234
05-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Ok, so here's the deal. I have a 2001 400ex. Here is what's happening with the carburetor and what I know thus far.

-Started and ran a few months ago but it took forever to get it running aka it only ran when it was warm. It would "hiccup" when it was cold but when it warmed up it ran ok. Figured it probably needed to be cleaned and rebuilt with new orings.
-Rebuilt carburetor not onces, twice, or 3 times but 4 effing times. That made it worse. Now it wont run.
-To get it to run for a second i have to snap the throttle a few times to get it going. Then it "hiccups" and sprays a mist of fuel randomly from the intake of the carburetor(where the airbox/filter is attached to)
-Exhaust backfires.
-Put a buddy of mines carburetor on my quad and it runs perfect. No hiccup, no hastle, no hesitation. Its also a 450r carb from the same era and it is jetted the exact same way as mine.
-All jets and passage ways were completely removed, cleaned with carb and choke cleaner 3 times, submerged in carb cleaner for 2 days, and shot compressed air through every passage way.

Reaaaaddddyyyyyyyyy. Go! Lol I hope you guys have some good ideas. Me and 4 of my friends couldnt figure this out. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

minimac21234
05-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Mods can you please delete this? I moved it to the 450r section to get more views. Thank you.