PDA

View Full Version : How to save our sport for Dummies...

EthansDad
05-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Hey All,

I'm sure most have heard about the child safety/lead laws issues that threaten our sport. I wanted to draft up a quick HOWTO guide for everyone that wants to TAKE ACTION to help, but doesn't have hours to read legal crap and search down contacts.

Please take the 60 seconds to follow these steps to send an email to YOUR congress person in regards to this situation:

TAKE ACTION:
1. click this link and enter your zip code at the bottom- http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/alert/?alertid=33096506

2. If needed, fill out your address info

3. the App will find your congress person and populate a form email to them. just fill out your contact info at the bottom and hit send.

4. pat yourself on the back, you did something.

WANT TO KNOW MORE?:
if you want to take more than 60 seconds to brush up on this issue, check this link below. looks like some new developments and lots of movements going on that can help us if we support them.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/KidsJustWantToRide.aspx

coffing918
05-17-2011, 07:34 PM
DONE:)

trailrider894
05-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by coffing918
DONE:)

X2

honda400ex2003
05-17-2011, 09:15 PM
done i worked hard on this the first time around with the lead stuff. its sad to see that people have nothing better to worry about in life than some thing like this.

with all of the energy that people use fighting one another, they could really accomplish alot if they worked together as one.

steve

JAG Motosports
05-17-2011, 09:15 PM
x3

and yes the first time I saw ur bug I tried to kill it...I'm so stupid :/

honda400ex2003
05-17-2011, 09:35 PM
emailed it around to everyone i know thats interested in off road stuff.

steve

tri5ron
05-17-2011, 09:36 PM
x4 done

gncc025
05-18-2011, 12:09 AM
done:macho

leager-n-ky
05-18-2011, 05:41 PM
done, thanks for the short cut

Pappy
05-20-2011, 03:27 AM
So simple even a Caveman could do it!

EthansDad
05-23-2011, 07:35 PM
good stuff guys. check this out, got a reply from our local congressman in regards to this. nice to see the system work for us.

-------------
Dear Mr. Ahlm,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the Kids Just Want to Ride Act, H.R. 412. It is good to hear from you.

As you may know, the Kids Just Want to Ride Act would amend the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) by excluding off-highway vehicles. This bill was introduced by Representative Denny Rehberg January 25, 2011 and has been referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, of which I am not a Member, and no hearings have been held. CPSIA was signed into law in 2008 to protect children from lead poisoning, an endeavor we all support. However, it has become clear that the Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC) interpretation of this law has caused enormous problems for manufacturers, retailers, resellers and consumers, among others in Georgia and the United States.

While I was not a Member of Congress when this legislation was passed, I am fairly certain the intent was not to restrict the second hand sale of items or ensure that small business pass onerous government regulations to sell their products. The interpretation of this law by the CPSC has been excessive and as a Member of the Appropriations Committee which has funding oversight of this government agency, I will work to ensure that CPSC follows the intent of Congress when it passed CPSIA.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me on this important matter. Your input helps me to better serve you in the U.S. House of Representatives. If I can be of any further service, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Tom Graves
Member of Congress

rd2005
05-24-2011, 10:54 AM
We submitted a Kids Just Want To Ride Video, sent the email, & even called our congressman about this issue so...DONE x3!:)

rd2005
05-24-2011, 10:54 AM
We submitted a Kids Just Want To Ride Video, sent the email, & even called our congressman about this issue so...DONE x3!:)

leager-n-ky
05-24-2011, 03:45 PM
GEOFF DAVIS
4th District, Kentucky

DEPUTY REPUBLICAN WHIP

WASHINGTON, D.C. OFFICE:
1119 Longworth HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone: (202) 225-3465
Fax: (202) 225-0003

CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20515 COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS
Subcommittee on Human Resources, Chairman
Subcommittee on Trade

NATIONAL SECURITY INTERAGENCY GROUP
Co-Chairman

WWW.GEOFFDAVIS.HOUSE.GOV
Dear Mr. Trimble:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about H.R. 412, the Kids Just Want to Ride Act. It is good to hear from you.

If you would like to monitor the status of H.R. 412 as it moves through the legislative process in Congress, please visit http://www.thomas.gov/ and enter either "H.R. 412" or the "Kids Just Want to Ride Act" into the search window. This will allow you to read the full bill text, view available summaries of the bill from the Congressional Research Service (CRS), and see how I vote.

I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts on this legislation and will keep them in mind when I vote. To learn more about my positions on a wide range of legislative issues, please visit my website at http://GeoffDavis.house.gov/Legislation/.

Please feel free to call me at (202) 225-3465 if I can ever be of assistance. You can stay up-to-date on what is going on in Congress and in the Fourth District of Kentucky by signing up for my weekly e-mail newsletter at http://GeoffDavis.house.gov/Contact/EmailSignup.htm.

Sincerely,

Geoff Davis
Member of Congress

GD/zt

WWW.GEOFFDAVIS.HOUSE.GOV

Response i got...