PDA

View Full Version : Got A New Shock!

dxcody
05-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Okay, so i just found a 2004 TRX450R rear shock on Ebay for $40 free shipping and i kinda felt dumb to pass that up, so i bought it. I dont need a new linkage or anything do i? I read on here i think that it mounts straight up. :chinese:

CJM
05-17-2011, 05:20 AM
It will lower the rear approx 1 inch. Its rather pointless cause your rear shock is just as good and is the proper height.

nelzar13
05-17-2011, 05:28 AM
i second that....... put it back on ebay for $50

dxcody
05-17-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by CJM
It will lower the rear approx 1 inch. Its rather pointless cause your rear shock is just as good and is the proper height.

I had to buy it i busted my other shock and the cheapest 400ex shock i found was $75

CJM
05-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
I had to buy it i busted my other shock and the cheapest 400ex shock i found was $75

THen I guess you didnt do to bad. It will fit, just lowers the ride height a bit. Im running one cause I got a deal on it and my 400ex shock is leaking. I just had thought you bought it for the sake of it being a "better shock" like some people think they are.

dxcody
05-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by CJM
THen I guess you didnt do to bad. It will fit, just lowers the ride height a bit. Im running one cause I got a deal on it and my 400ex shock is leaking. I just had thought you bought it for the sake of it being a "better shock" like some people think they are.

haha no i thought they were the same size and everything, I guess i didnt really bust my shock but that little seal on my shock (on the the little adjustment at the top that has the flat tip in the middle of it) i think it went bad and all my shock juice leaked out and now it feels like im sitting on a trapmoline when i ride haha very very bouncy! :eek2: