PDA

View Full Version : Cody Wills's news story

Wills77
05-16-2011, 07:10 PM
hey everybody.. most of you already know what happened to me. the patriot news followed me through my rehab and home afterwards and did a 2 1/2 page story on me that also made the front page.
heres a link to the full story online plus videos and a photo gallery

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/05/injured_atv_racer_battles_his.html

lasher45
05-16-2011, 08:08 PM
That's an amazing story. Your girlfriend must really love you. Bes of hope and luck goes to you for full recovery.

Ill see if I can get a fundraiser going for you at school if that's ok with you.

rollie
05-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Your positive attitude is an inspiration to all of us cody! i wish you all the luck in the world going forward, and will be praying every night! You raced pro-am, so your no stranger to fighting though! so you can make it through this too, Remember that it is not unheard of to walk again! stay positive and with enough prayers you'll be up on your feet!:)

trailrider894
05-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Dude!!! I am so glad to see you back!!! Your GF was postin updates and the whole bit!!! God Bless!!

MX MaNiAc 06
05-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Its amazing to see a smile on your face after all you've been through. You're lucky to have such great support!

You're very fortunate to have the use of your triceps! At C6 you shouldnt have them but Zacko's procedure must have restored them. You wouldn't be able to propel your wheelchair or transfer on your own without them. Keep up the hard work!!

trailrider894
05-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Anything you need, just yell!! You know we are all like family!!!

jrspawn
05-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Simply Amazing!!!

Like others have posted, you are an inspiration to everyone! To be on the road of overcoming your injury is an amazing feat! Just from what ive read over the past months and heard, your willpower, attitude, and determination goes unmatched. I look forward to hearing more updates on your progress!!!!!!

Justin

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
05-16-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm praying you have a full recovery Cody. You keep your head and spirits high and it's inspiring to us all. Best of luck to you, your girlfriend and your family.

bdubwiley
05-17-2011, 04:26 AM
im fairly new to the site but i have read all about you and your story, and i just gotta say that i think it is amazing the progress you have made. im a grown man and i gotta say that your story brings a tear of joy to my eyes because you truly are an inspiration to me. i hope the best for you in your therapies and rehabs, and from the way it sounds you are one strong person and i know that you will keep improving everyday. so i wish you the best of luck with your full recovery. and also i am really glad you have such a wonderful girlfriend like you do, she def sounds like a great person. but i wish you all the best and hope to keep reading of your improvements.

reconmaster
05-17-2011, 07:29 AM
keep workin hard glad to see your progressing well soon you'll be rippin before you know it

pmg8134
05-17-2011, 08:52 AM
you are an inspiration for everybody! stay strong and keep it up man!! you are a true modern day warrior!

fastredrider44
05-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by bdubwiley
im fairly new to the site but i have read all about you and your story, and i just gotta say that i think it is amazing the progress you have made. im a grown man and i gotta say that your story brings a tear of joy to my eyes because you truly are an inspiration to me. i hope the best for you in your therapies and rehabs, and from the way it sounds you are one strong person and i know that you will keep improving everyday. so i wish you the best of luck with your full recovery. and also i am really glad you have such a wonderful girlfriend like you do, she def sounds like a great person. but i wish you all the best and hope to keep reading of your improvements.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

SRH
05-17-2011, 10:23 AM
like i said i cant wait to read the next one when your back doing some riding, keep chugging through this

outacontrol
05-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Simply Amazing!!!

Like others have posted, you are an inspiration to everyone! To be on the road of overcoming your injury is an amazing feat! Just from what ive read over the past months and heard, your willpower, attitude, and determination goes unmatched. I look forward to hearing more updates on your progress!!!!!!

Justin

x2!!

400exc
05-17-2011, 08:55 PM
You are in my prayers, Cody. Keep your head up and stay strong!

BoneStockHonda
05-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Cody you are truly a hero to me. Your mental strength is simply outstanding. The fact that you have stayed so strong in such a difficult situation is truly something to be proud of. I will always look up to and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to see ripping on that LTR again.

sunco
05-18-2011, 06:51 AM
God bless you man, we are flying your # on our stuff. Continue on brother. Believe

Wills77
05-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Thank you everybody. the things that all of you say and have been saying really help to keep me pushing and puts me in a great mood reading all of the positive comments. we are really happy that we had the opportunity to have our story published like it was. it came about because the news was doing a story on the new rehab center and was going to include 3 patients but once they heard mine they decided to turn it into what they did. yesterday when me and my family were out to dinner the waitress recognized me from the paper and today me and kayla pulled into a gas station and the guy next to me motioned for me to put the window down and says hey buddy im glad to see your doing so good, i saw you in the paper oh and hey man get back on that quad.
i cant beleive how nice and careing everybody is out in public. soo many people stop to say hi and ask me how i am doing. they offer to help kayla unload the grocery cart. they ask if we need help getting in or out of the car. they go out of their way to hold the door for me which ive always done for others. the other day in walmart a lady stopped me and asked if she could pray for me. i also had a bad spasm and fell halfway out of one of those electric carts and another lady ran to help me get back up.

lasher45- yes that sounds great and i appreciate even the offer... heres my email if you need any details or other information D6mx450r@msn.com

one of my biggest fears was that everyone would just forget about me. now it has happened with some of my friends that i had for a long time but it hasnt with my motocross family. 2 of my good friends that i raced with tom fink 133 and nick kohan 21 both had mini number plate stickers made up for me that they are selling at the races for donations. i have been hearing nonstop about so many riders that have my sticker on their quads or vehicles and it makes me feel like im still at the races even when i cant be. im proud to hear that so many riders are supporting me.

also a big thanks to my new friend SRH i know everybody here knows him but ive talked to him almost everyday for the past few weeks and hes taught me so much more about my injury than nurses or doctors have. going through it himself he has experience and answers to every question i have and hes one of the nicest guys ive ever talked to. we have so many similarities before our injuries its kindof weird haha.

Cody Wills 77

skyeryder
05-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I'll send a self addressed stamped envelope for one of the stickers to put on our hauler, with a donation, if you don't mind posting a address, good luck man and our prayers are with you.

Tommy Warren
05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
I think they should put a sticky on the open forum for people to donate and whoever donates gets one of your number stickers...I'd love to have one. This is a time where you find out who your friends are and from what I've read you have quite the fan base. best of luck to you and I can't wait to see you back on that horse:cool:

quad2xtreme
05-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Do you have a Paypal address setup? This is such an easy way for people to send a donation.

fastredrider44
05-19-2011, 12:06 PM
email sent

Pappy
05-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Hang Tuff Cody....my family has you in our prayers. We know you are strong and can make things happen!

SRH is a good nut to chat with

If you need any thing at all, just pm or email us!

blaster12s
05-19-2011, 01:21 PM
ive got one of those stickers on my laptop at school. everytime i close it to go to sleep i see it,and say a payer for you. get well soon im pulling for you.

Wills77
05-19-2011, 07:18 PM
thanks everybody.
anyone that would like stickers can send a donation to

2050 blue mountain parkway
harrisburg, PA 17112

my paypal adress is D6mx450r@msn.com

here is what they look like. they match the custom made graphics that i ran on my ltr.

trailrider894
05-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Wills77
thanks everybody.

harrisburg, PA 17112

here is what they look like. they match the custom made graphics that i ran on my ltr.

Whats the suggested donation??? I'd love to have one of the sticker bud!!

Pappy
05-20-2011, 03:08 AM
Cody, have you contacted riderdown.org and have they done anything for you?

http://www.facebook.com/riderdown.org?ref=ts&sk=wall

The same with 88livetoride

Both are supposed to offer some assistance, might be worth looking into.

skyeryder
05-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Wills77
thanks everybody.

harrisburg, PA 17112

If we are all going to send him something make sure you send him a self addressed stamped envelope with the donation so they don't have to go out and get envelopes, stamps, etc....

SRH
05-20-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't know how well some of guys know cody, but hes a funny dude!! Hes got a great attitude , i have no doubts hes going to make the best of this situation and inspire others to do the same

Wills77
05-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Thank you for all the donations i received so far. you have no idea how much i appreciate the help and support. all of your stickers will definitely go out this week. sorry for the delay, ive been having a rough past couple of days because of the weather and can barely get up without passing out. something about rainy days just doesnt go good for me.

trailrider895- theres no amount to small or big every bit helps

pappy- 1st thank you for your donation. and after you said about the rider down foundation i contacted them but havent heard back yet but will keep everyone updated once i do

also i just got into a new hobby. remote control cars. i got a traxxas slash 4x4 truck and it is soo much fun. the stuff i can do with it makes me feel like im riding again which is a great feeling.

eastside 400
05-24-2011, 09:16 PM
just wait till it starts breaking, it'll be worse then the ltr haha. every time i use my RC something breaks but atleast its cheap to fix them

sunco
05-25-2011, 05:04 AM
My son did the gas RC then moved to electric, its less cleaning, quieter & even faster is some. Now he's doing heli's

Raining day some time gets me down to ;)

Keep on brother

woodsracer144
05-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I take my hat off to you buddy. I gotta say your woman is a keeper after all this too :)

I was soo joyed to see you sit on your quad and just fire it up and rev it!

take care! keep us posted!