PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm skidplate chain guide

BeefySTi
05-16-2011, 06:45 PM
I recently bought a 2001 400EX and the ruber chain guide on the swingarm skidplate is missing, so the chain would rattle something horrible while in motion. I took some thin rubber strips and glued them on there for a quick fix. anyone know where i can get the rubber chain guide for thet OEM skidplate? I have checked everywhere I can online. Don't have the cash for a new skidplate right now, or rather should I say I have already spent $500 getting this thing into shape to ride and my wife would kill me if I spent any more money on it right now. haha. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i added a pic for reference.

Honda4LifeWes36
05-16-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.motosport.com/atv/oem-parts/HONDA/2001/TRX400EX%20FOURTRAX/?modelyearid=175&typeid=2&groupId=8750

Chain slider I think is what your talking about. It is either 14 or 15 or both. Might be a little pricey on this link. Either check that out at OEM or hit up Ebay and see if they have any around.

tri5ron
05-16-2011, 07:16 PM
just some food for thought here...

A buddy of mine was also missing the same piece and made his own from a plastic storage tub like the ones at any Walmart or similar store.
The plastic is semi soft, similar to tupperware.

He cut a strip of the plastic, and used pop rivets and washers to hold it in place.

worked great, and no more chain slapping noise.

BeefySTi
05-16-2011, 07:58 PM
hey thanks guys. i really appreciate it. I will have to give the plastic bin fix a try since it is free. if that doesnt pan out, I will definitely head over to motosport.