PDA

View Full Version : help save our sport

selbygirl
05-16-2011, 08:30 AM
check out this web sight

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/KidsJustWantToRide.aspx

EthansDad
05-17-2011, 07:14 AM
good stuff. Been following this like a lot of us have Im sure, but when I ask myself, what have I done to stop it, its very little. There are some good links in this doc to send an email to YOUR rep to support a new bill that is designed to SAVE OUR SPORT for our kids. I urge all to do the same.

I'm going to draft up a "how to save our sport for dummies" post and put it in the open forum. it took my 20 minutes of reading to do 2 minutes of clicking - I think I can shorten that.

selbygirl
05-17-2011, 07:32 AM
thanks i think me and broden may go to dc next week its abought 2 to 3 hour trip just to show our support

EthansDad
05-17-2011, 07:34 AM
here is the howto for dummies link. can get a email to your congress person is 60 seconds or less!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=467221

selbygirl
05-25-2011, 04:06 PM
somtimes i dont even think its worth it... a few weeks ago we went to a track in delaware snake creek mx . every thing was cool ther was 3 quads and abought 20 bikes every one was coming up to saying hay we had a good time ... the owner of the track sed see you next weekend ... shore thanks for the invite .told some freinds we all were going to go .then some of my freinds called me check out there web sight no quads allowed on weekends so i emailed the owner .. he sed no quads on week ends and thats that.... well i told my boy we cant go there eny more it broke his heart ... he asked why are they like that all the tracks.. i told him i think there afraid of change like when i was young i was big into surfing and skateboarding , and every one looked down on us every one use to call us longhaired punks going no where ... but 20 30 years later the sport has gotting big .... but we were no diferant then the dirt bike peaple .... we hated bmx peaple we would complane that they where messing up our halvpipes and we hated boggie boards we called them half men or kooks.... but as time went on we learned to live with each other ..... the dirt bike peaple need to see the big picture ... if they keep driving us out and we have no where to ride.... then we aint going to buy quads then all these manufacturs are going to loose money or go out of buisness .... and the led law i think drr and apex is exemt from the law .. its just the big companys the ones with dirt bikes ... but i did send my letter .... to me mx is mx if its 2 wheel or 4.............. i geuse there afrade of change we went from the horse and buggy to the automoble tommy

jplltz50
05-25-2011, 07:07 PM
That really sucks about snake creek joey and I liked that place, one of the few places we could ride a decent mx track together. We have blue diamond 10 minutes from us, but this is another place that's not to quad friendly, and let's be honest the quad track is garbage. They told us joeys 50 is to fast for kids track and he doesn't like the intermediate track he says its boring what are you gonna do though

selbygirl
05-25-2011, 07:39 PM
snake creek still allows quads just not on weekends . but most of us work... easton mx allows quads on the quad track its dusty flat most of the jumps are mushroomed .. but there bike track is nice .no quads allowed... and the seaford track is clossed ...i have a freind with 120 acres thats allready a dirt hole and all the heavey equipment to make a track and a run off pond thats about 5 acres... but hes worryed abought the insurance will kill him .. you guys should checkout atco i think thats one of the most quad freindly tracks we ever bin to

Christiansdad
05-25-2011, 09:37 PM
there was a track a hour and half from us that closed down last year for mainly mini quads. The main facts are now they ARE and Already did make the law no child under 12 or 13 can operate a atv under no circumstance's. IF your child gets caught its like a $1000 fine and 30 days in jail..... because of one parent choice, but let's say it's ok to let a 3 or 4 year old ride his dirtbike. Doesnt make sense one bit. Thats the law South Carolina is pushing towards...no sure about Geogia or North Carolina.

I really think lawmakers should push on not selling those china made 110's you can pick up for $400..also the trx 90's and raptor 90's aint to much safer unless you go and spend the money on making them wider and suspension mods..that kinda takes you back to when they made the 3 wheeler's