PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailers

RedSonya
05-16-2011, 04:59 AM
Does anyone know of a brand of enclosed trailer that will carry 2 quads and still be light enough for a 6 cylinder Tacoma to tow?

quad59
05-16-2011, 07:00 AM
I towed a 6x12 with two ltr's in it with a ford escape, your not going to be cruising at 75 but the tacoma should do fine.

chucked
05-16-2011, 10:04 AM
It should be ok with any 6x12 really.

fastredrider44
05-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Brand doesn't matter as much as overall weight and height is a big concern too. You won't notice the height til you get up above 55 and the wind drag starts to pull on the trailer. If you get a low ceiling, it may not be the most comfortable thing in the world, but you will get better mileage and highway speeds will be easier.

250x_kyle
05-16-2011, 02:19 PM
check out carmate trailers. they have a handfull of differnt trailers. and should be fairly easy to find in the pa nj area. check the gvwr (gross vehicle weight rating is the max weight when loaded) and find the towing capacity of your truck.

quad2xtreme
05-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Google "aluminum trailers" then go through the results.

Triton makes really nice all aluminum trailers.

Next, you have to decide if you want a full walk-in style or something with a lower ceiling height like the snowmobile trailers. I had one like this for years. The trailer itself weighed about 1,100 lbs then I could put 4 ATVs in it plus other stuff. I used to pull it with a Nissan Pathfinder (6 cylinder) with no problem.

You won't need one this large. Mine was wide enough to fit an mx quad next to a trail quad and 16' long.

You could also get one that is 7' wide and at least 12' long and you could fit one in front of the other with space on the sides for other stuff. Personally, I'd opt for 7' X 14' at a minimum.

Good luck Sonya.