PDA

View Full Version : Skat trak smooths or mohawks

albertp86
05-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Looking to get new fronts. I have the bead to bead buff on my rear haulers and was looking to get new fronts. Do the smooths turn well? Is there a big differance? I am leaning towards getting Mohawks but wanted another opinion if someone has some input on this. I mostly dune but drag a little az well.

danhung11
05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
I think hontrx265r runs those smooth buffs, might shoot him a pm. He had some nice things to say about them. I think it also depends on the sand conditions.

I like my Mohawks, they work very well for all around riding, dragging, etc.

Good luck! Give us some feedback whichever way you decide.

socal
05-16-2011, 11:18 PM
If you want to all around dune,cant go wrong with the mohawks.They turn better,the slicks will push more in turns and you wont lose anything in straight drags with the mohawks.

albertp86
05-29-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm going to check with sand toyz unlimited and get the mohawks. Thanks for the responses. Or, if anyone has a nice set, you could always shoot me a pm.

hontrx265r
05-29-2011, 10:53 AM
I would actually tell you mohawks also.. I have a set of smooth, buffs though key being "buffed" and they actually work really well. The sand here is very dry, so the texture makes them hook very well, when they are touching the ground.