View Full Version : parts that swap?

89imprttnr
05-15-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm just woundering what parts will swap with other quads like a-arms,shocks, things like that, that are cheaper and an alternative upgrade since there is very little aftermarket. Any info would be great!! Thanks.

89imprttnr
05-16-2011, 08:24 AM
anybody?

hawaiianbasshed
06-17-2011, 01:35 PM
quadracerhq.com :)

there's plenty of stuff, depends on year, arms is a hard one, the 85-86 can easily benefit from 87+ arms and relocate shock mount to 87 style

87+ I'm working on something.

rear hubs from a banshee will fit 85-86, 87+ can use ltz400 or ltr450 rear hubs

front hubs off a yfz450 or raptor 660/700 will fit all LT250rs and LT500s with some shimming for the caliper to line up. forget all what else but goto the quadracerhq forum for better support or everything2stroke.com another decent lt250r forum over there. haven't found a more used site than those yet but I've only had my LT for a few months

hawaiiysr
06-17-2011, 10:32 PM
QuadracerHQ. Ask grk Haha! Really though those guys really know their stuff. Help me out alot with my quadzilla.

hawaiianbasshed
06-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Sei said u tried to trade him for that 88 trx I sold him? for your zilla. he's MX too and doesn't really want a zilla lol

I'm hoping to score a zilla or zilla motor to do a hybrid at some point.

I know where I can get a busted up 87 250r I can use. it's got at least one crack in the frame but it was by the motor mount that needs to be modded for the zilla motor iirc, 0 front brakes, caliper and master are goners lol and alot of other work is needed but if rebuilding a bike you usually go thru the entire thing anyway. but it just seems like mostly a frame really and it's pretty busted. gotta check the swingarm and rear shock, I think everything else needs to be replaced.

pix don't do it justice in a pretty bad way LOL