PDA

View Full Version : slipper clutch

selbygirl
05-15-2011, 05:02 PM
i was trying to get some info on the slipper clutches the pros and cons on it to me it looks like the old suzuki lt 50 set up we have bin running slipper sprockets for years we had a few problems over time but we have had problems with every thing else on the bikes also i have seen one tranny break with slipper clutches also and do have to clean it after every moto thanks tommy

Logan #34's Dad
05-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Slipper clutch is the ONLY way to go. As your engine size/power increases the slipper sprocket WILL fail you. We are on the eve of the last time I ever ran a slipper sprocket. Last year Logan was whipping the field at Steel City and two times got a dnf because of sprocket failure. One on the 70 and one on the 90.
We have never had a failure with the clutch and we are making more power than ever.
If people are having failures it most likely because they have not replaced their compression spring washer frequently enough. I do use sandpaper to scrub off the residue on the friction pads from the bell slipping as designed between ever moto.

rebuiltoz
05-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Haha yea logan told me last year at steel city he was ready to rip his transponder off and throw it across the line he was so close haha

jerkyboy
05-16-2011, 04:16 PM
I felt bad seeing Logan sit there with the finish line so close. Never had a problem with the slipper sprocket untill I biuld our 90 for this year. Some of the guys at the track told me it wouldnt hold up and they were correct, lasted 3 laps. Like Rocky said the slipper clutch is the way to go.