PDA

View Full Version : cat

redrider ex
12-03-2001, 11:58 PM
went down the street the other day and was coming back and the lady next door has about 25 cats and i was going you know
fast and the cats ran out when i went by and one committed
suiside under my tire so i stoped quick and put it on my foot gaurd
and put my foot on it to hold it on and got rid of it so she would'nt see it. redrider ex

12-04-2001, 12:13 AM
LMAO thats a funny story. I have one also. I was riding along my trail on my Sportsman and in the grass was a turttle. I pulled my brakes and turned right (Bad move) fell into a ditch over the seat. to make a long story short I pulled out my polaris (Took 2 quads) and the turttle was fine.
The End

12-04-2001, 08:16 AM
Last year while deer hunting I went ripping through a field like 4th gear hammer down. Well in the tall grass next to the old tractor trail I was goin down was a deer about 3 foot away as I went by it,,,talk about gettin your attention,,,got me skeert..:(

knighttime
12-04-2001, 08:43 AM
This is a story that is so shocking that I rarely can talk about it. About 15 years ago I was out riding my 1986 Suzuki 230EH (nice quad, my brother still rides it). Anyway it was about dusk and I saw some antlers down in the brush. I stopped and took a look. Well I got the shock of my life when I came face to face with a jackalope (cross between a now extinct pygmy deer and a strain of killer rabbit). I couldn't believe it, I spotted what very few people in this world have ever seen. Now though I realized I had a big problem. The mighty buck snorted at me and was about to strike. Well needless to say I fired up the Suzuki and went back to camp as fast as possible. I did manage to roost the ruthless creature as I tore outta there. I hope to someday meet up with that Jackalope again. This time I'll be ready.

12-04-2001, 11:10 AM
Hey yo,,,i seen one of them when I was riding down in Hog Wallow, KY <---real town in ky,,,no lie,,,,,,,,,,but I just caught a glimpse of his head.........they are pretty scary lookin creatures.

knighttime
12-04-2001, 11:16 AM
Yes they are scary. I have heard that the jackalope can put you in a transe-like, hypnotic state if you stare into their eyes for any extended length of time.

Tommy 17
12-04-2001, 01:23 PM
jackalopes aren't real...... i thought they were just crazy mounts people make they sell then everywhere around here..:confused: :huh :huh :huh

knighttime
12-04-2001, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21
jackalopes aren't real...... i thought they were just crazy mounts people make they sell then everywhere around here..:confused: :huh :huh :huh

You are correct, people do make mounts of a jackalope. ... But I assure you the jackalope is much more than an urban legend. They are seldom seen because they developed that trait from their pygmy deer origins. I saw one, and was scared to death (I'm willing to bet even Rico was afraid when he saw one). I was almost going into the "hypnotic transe-like state" that they put on their potential enemies. If you do see one while out riding, DO NOT STARE INTO THEIR EYES.

kc 300EX
12-04-2001, 02:07 PM
yea yeah, I hit a jackalope on my quad once, and it died instantly, so i was gonna get it mounted. So i brought it to the taxodermist, but in the parking lot, this old lady ran up and grabbed it away from me and tried to run away, she made it all the way to her car b4 i caught her, she tried to hop in, but i grabbed her by the foot, and i was pullin her leg, and pulling her leg just like im pulling yours.......

12-04-2001, 05:26 PM
Ah I got a real good story too. You see this one time, I was in this forum, and these crazy dudes kept talking about Jackalopes. I thought they were joking at first, but then I realized they were serious. So, you see, I told them all to shut up, and quit talking about jackalopes before I lost my mind. And to my suprise, they never brought it up again.

knighttime
12-04-2001, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by SickSpikez
Ah I got a real good story too. You see this one time, I was in this forum, and these crazy dudes kept talking about Jackalopes. I thought they were joking at first, but then I realized they were serious. So, you see, I told them all to shut up, and quit talking about jackalopes before I lost my mind. And to my suprise, they never brought it up again.

Jackalopes, pygmy deer hybrids, I don't care what u call them; Those mofo's don't shed their antlers till after Jan/Feb. After that the woods will be safe. They kinda blend in with jackrabbits when they aren't sportin' antlers.

Bye the way, for all u doubters, I saw the jackalope in the very same patch of woods where my uncle shot a coyote/wolf. They are a hybrid animal from Northeastern Canada that is moving southwest (from Maine). They travel in packs, and are fierce fighters, but mostly stay away from man. But they are not too be taken lightly.

Poncho
12-05-2001, 05:38 PM
I shot one while deer hunting and I mounted it and it is on the other side of my room and if you stare into a dead ones eyes they will mess you up man!;) Seriosly they will mess you up.We had a talk with him last night and he told me to take him out in the woods and mount him on a tree so he can haunt you d@mn hunters that also ride quads.:D Oh ohh I'm a hunter and atv rider he will haunt me and you too ohh lord.haha:D

knighttime
12-05-2001, 08:54 PM
What kind of gun were you using when u took the jackalope? I've heard they are a mofo to take down. I'm guessing u were using a 30.06 or 12 gauge pumpkin balls. And u bring up a point, the stare they have keeps goin even if they are mounted. Do not stare into a jackalope's eyes, even if it is a mounted one.

Chef
12-05-2001, 09:49 PM
you guys cant be serious...jackalope? i heard that jack rabbits really like to well....reproduce, but with deer?

i guess if i ever see one of them, they better not like the taste of aluminum front bumpers.....:D;)

MOFO
12-06-2001, 06:03 AM
LOL mike.... I've yet to see one around where we live. The day I see it, I'm taking that SOB out. :) I wonder if we should tell them how we hunt on our quads for snipes too. Very good sport as well!

Eric

12-06-2001, 06:47 AM
Hey I went snipe hunting when I was in cub scouts,,,hard ta find I thought??:huh

MOFO
12-06-2001, 07:02 AM
Yep, they are fast little buggers. Thats why we use our 400's to hunt them. Keep the quad around 1/2 throttle in 3rd gear and that is their top speed....just use a big net (kinda like a fishing net) and just swoop them up. Tons 'O Fun! :D ;) :D

Eric

Striker49
12-06-2001, 04:17 PM
For you doubters, Jackalopes are real.....a resturant near KY Lake Dam called Catfish Kitchen (which has excellent fish and chicken) has a mounted Jackalope. I swear they do. Its right pass the counter mounted on the wall to you right when you enter the big dining room thingy. Its pretty wild lookin. Ill get a pic sometime or somin ;) Havent seen any alive yet but if I didnt it would be extinct real quick....think hood mount :devil

knighttime
12-06-2001, 04:59 PM
Eric, lets go on the first snowfall. I just got a new net with extra thick netting and reinforced handle.

DEAL
12-06-2001, 05:43 PM
Jackalope... ? Whats so big bout those things .. they're pretty common here in Canada.
Damn we even hunt them.. theyre pretty good eatin.
You guys don't know wut your missin....
They are cranky little @#$*&^!@$ though... I've been attacked before ... not an experience i'd like to have again.
Have the scars on my leg to proov it.
A friend of mine has one house trained and everything its pretty crazy ... those antlers don't do to well on the furniture though.

400exRacerX
12-06-2001, 07:35 PM
How big is a jackalope? Can they seriously hurt you if you stare them down?

12-06-2001, 07:46 PM
This iz uh story dat iz so shocking dat I rarely can jive about it. About 15 years ago I wuz out riding muh ma fluckin 1986 Suzuki 230EH (nice quad, muh ma fluckin brudda still rides it). Anyway it wuz about dusk an' I seen some antlers down in da brush. I stopped an' took uh peep. Well I got da shock o' muh ma ****in life when I came face ta face wiff uh jackalope (cross between uh now extinct pygmy deer an' uh strain o' killa rabbit). I couldn't believe it, I spotted what very few peeps in dis here world gots ever seen. Now though I realized I had uh big problem. The mighty buck snorted at me an' wuz about ta strike. Well needless ta say I fired up da Suzuki an' jet back ta camp as fast as possible. I did manage ta roost da ruthless creature as I tore outta dere. I hope ta someday meet up wiff dat Jackalope ag'in. This tyme I'll be ready. sho 'nuff!

96300ex
12-06-2001, 09:41 PM
That is so funny. little jackalope brother man. I work at a taxidermy shop and guys bring 'em in all the time. Seems that they put up such a fight that the guys have to practically rip their antlers off to take em down. When they get here they resemple more of a jackrabbit and some deer antlers but we fix em up good as new.

Actually i do work at a taxidermy shop and i made my own with a reproduction 15 point mule deer rack, big ol thing

Tommy 17
12-07-2001, 08:32 AM
haha u guys are nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

canadian400ex
12-07-2001, 03:56 PM
Cantelopes?????? We got cantelopes on sale this week at work! I can get ya' a case for about 18$;)

"BLAHH"300!!
12-19-2001, 01:08 AM
river was up over a gravel road with grass all out along side
we were riding along and saw something shooot out in front-
so i amped up some speed and cought up with the fish
- fish can swimm fast man--
i cought up with him aimed my front right at him and wammo-
ran his butt over-

didnt' killl him though- i felt a thud when i went over him but when i turned around he was gone-
i bet he's got- MAXIS- imprinted on his buttox

anyone ever hear of a CHIPRA-KOBRA'
ferociouse little animals with sharp long claws and beady red eye's that live in tree's and suck the blood from unweary goats and cows- and anything else that they may encounter-

well - i've seen one- yep i see one every holioday- i'll see one again in a few day's at christmas dinner- her name's cindy- she's my sister-
but for real if you have heard of these things they do exist and will inflict bodily harm to you- there have been reports in brazil cuba africa and venezuela- and right here in mississippi- in a sub-division called- shannon-doa-valley- damn thing ate- or
-- (drank rather)-- my freinds dogg- doesn't eat it- but there's 2 fang marks about the size of your pinky finger on each side of it's neck- the claws are for climbing tree's-
' BE AFRAID..... BE VERY AFRAID......

Chef
12-19-2001, 04:45 PM
ive seen those on like animal planet, on like x-animals or something like that, them are freaky lookin...:eek: