PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Bay

*FoX*KiD*
02-19-2003, 09:03 PM
Hey does neone know a good hotel to stay at down at winchester bay

and does anyone have any info about food parking hotel or jsut ne think about it

jamiesel
02-19-2003, 09:37 PM
oh ya

Discovery point is ON THE DUNES!!! ou can ret a rinky dink little cabin /house for like 100.00 per day. THe town of reedsport is less then 5 minuts away from Winchester bay and they have the best pizza. I was just talking to my coworkers about there *****n bbq chicken thin crust ..... mmmmmm pizza.

There are several little hotels in the area as well as the famed Discovery point. Not much in the way of luxury but if you were looking for luxury you would be going to more sunny areas this time of year.

BTW there is a hospital in Reedsport (God forbid you should need it).

THere are 3 major riding areas within 1/2 hour of Winchester Bay. This time of year I would recomend Florence. We have had some 100 mile per hour winds that have changed the face of the Oregon dunes this year and you will want to Check out the trails at Florence as the trails in Win bay are a bit flooded at the moment but the riding there is great. To the south about 1/2 hour is Coos Bay. it is like 20 miles long and 4 miles wide. Almost all open to riding. Beware of your pipe noise there is a 93 decible limit (booo).

THe Rangers ussually hang out in the last parking lot at winchester and can be found any where in Florence.

The locals in Winchester Bay and Reedsport are very cool but the local in the town of Florence for the most part are wacko. A hotel worker tryed to break in our room and slashed my tires on my trailer and I have had tons of down right weird experienced there. Shop in Reedsport, the people deserve the business. Also you can actually drifve you quads in the town of Winchester Bay. How is that for a town being accomadating to your riding needs:cool:

airheadedduner
02-20-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by jamiesel

BTW there is a hospital in Reedsport (God forbid you should need it).

:rolleyes: Great service, little pricy:p :D :devil