PDA

View Full Version : wont start now

cujobell
05-15-2011, 11:57 AM
hey guys, i just hooked up my pro armor teeter like everyone on here has shown us how. started fine `, pulled the teeter and reinstalled the teether and now it wont start. pulled the tank and cover off of the engine to check spark and it has very little spark.
i replaced the cdi just incase as the black and yellw wire go from the coil to the cdi. the only thing i did different was hook the wires from the kill switch closer to the cdi than the coil. please help.

honda400ex2003
05-15-2011, 04:24 PM
did you cut the wires? could be a bad splice possibly.

switch could be bad, ive heard of a few recently that were bad.

try unhooking it and see if it works right again. if it does, something is wrong with your switch or how you have it hooked up.

steve

cujobell
05-15-2011, 05:24 PM
thanks for the reply. all i did was remove the insulation around the wire . i have already removed the teether . so it is completely removed . pulled the plug and checked for spark and get just a very little spark. hardly anything. so i am thinking either a bad coil. like stated before i replaced the cdi thinking that was it. guess the coil gets its power from the cdi? also is there a way to check the coil. again thanks for looking and keep the ideas coming. thanks chris

honda400ex2003
05-15-2011, 05:40 PM
i would say that it is probably a bad coil. I am not sure if there is a test for it but you could check the manual and see. im sure you could test it to see what the voltage is coming off of it and determine if it is in the parameters or not.

steve