PDA

View Full Version : New HMF competition exhaust jetting

matt1106
05-15-2011, 10:59 AM
My new exhaust will be in tuesday, and here comes the part ive been dreading. im coming from a 400ex which was super simple to jet bc they arent overly fussy, but the general impression i get is that 450's r a pain. It seems alot of you guys r running this exhaust so im sure i can get a lot of imput. my motor is stock and the carb is stock as well. Im going to be running an HMF competition full exhaust, a uni filter, with the airbox cover on. id like to run the most open end, for max power unless its ridiculously loud. so i need to kno wat i should get for a pilot, main, and how many turns out for the air/fuel screw. and any other tips u guys have will be helpful

DnB_racing
05-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by matt1106
My new exhaust will be in tuesday, and here comes the part ive been dreading. im coming from a 400ex which was super simple to jet bc they arent overly fussy, but the general impression i get is that 450's r a pain. It seems alot of you guys r running this exhaust so im sure i can get a lot of imput. my motor is stock and the carb is stock as well. Im going to be running an HMF competition full exhaust, a uni filter, with the airbox cover on. id like to run the most open end, for max power unless its ridiculously loud. so i need to kno wat i should get for a pilot, main, and how many turns out for the air/fuel screw. and any other tips u guys have will be helpful what year Matt?the 04-05 has a different carb from the +06 and jetting is very different between the 2 types, and were in mass are you?with the lid on your going to still be chocking it up quit a bit!

matt1106
05-15-2011, 04:39 PM
sry, its an 06', and yea, id like to keep the airbox lid on, i plan on racing gncc and harescrambles with it, so id like to keep as much water out of my airbox as possible. I live about 15 miles west of worcester right off route 9 in a small town, east brookfield.

DnB_racing
05-15-2011, 04:55 PM
I run a pre filter instead of a lid and it gets much more air!! and my actual filter is almost spotless and never had an issue with water except the time i went into 4 feet of water, and did not want to get off the quad and sunk it lol

matt1106
05-15-2011, 04:59 PM
ya, i can go that route, i usually avoid water the best i can anyways, its harder to go fast when ur soaked and uncomfortable. im pretty sure they actually make prefilter airbox covers too. but anyways, wat r u running for jetting?

DnB_racing
05-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by matt1106
ya, i can go that route, i usually avoid water the best i can anyways, its harder to go fast when ur soaked and uncomfortable. im pretty sure they actually make prefilter airbox covers too. but anyways, wat r u running for jetting? Ive got 14.5:1 piston stage 2 hc, one heat range cooler plug(i forget exact number)plug indexed, opened ports, prefilter, green wire cut, white brothers carbon exhaust with race fuel
and im running a 168 main, 55 leak jet, stock pilot, ncvq needle in the middle and fuel screw around 2 1/2, accelerator spring mod

jpfmotors
05-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Hey i am just a few towns over southbridge. I run gnccs and the local necc series I have very good luck with just a hrc lid and a unifilter I race an 06 450r hmf full pipe 55 leak jet 48 pilot 170 main 2.5 out on air screw. You should come out and trie some of the NECC races they are a lot of fun

matt1106
05-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by jpfmotors
Hey i am just a few towns over southbridge. I run gnccs and the local necc series I have very good luck with just a hrc lid and a unifilter I race an 06 450r hmf full pipe 55 leak jet 48 pilot 170 main 2.5 out on air screw. You should come out and trie some of the NECC races they are a lot of fun Yea i planned on doing some NECC races this year too, ive just had a crazy spring with work and house work, i was working nite and day for two months 7 days a week and didnt get my 450 as early in the year as i had hoped. i havent even really gone riding on it yet lol i wanna get the pipe and jetting all set and get a steering stabilizer and hopefully be able to do gncc snowshoe for my first race. r u going?

jpfmotors
05-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Not shore about snow shoe but we are going to GNCC in Pa next weekend

matt1106
05-18-2011, 02:27 PM
i went with a 168 main, 48 pilot, 2.5 turns out and runs sick, very impressed. it is pretty loud though. its amazing how much low end punch you get. pm me if u plan on going to snowshoe, ill hook up with u guys out there, if you go, or we can hook up at one of the necc races.

jpfmotors
05-19-2011, 07:10 AM
definitly I am going to race in a new series this weekend at epping they are having a worcs style race half mx half xc 1.0 hr race should be a good time if you want to prep yourself were going up sat afternoon and racing sunday at 9. I have no idea what its going to be like.

matt1106
05-19-2011, 06:41 PM
i cant this weekend, working. but do u have a webpage for this new series so i can check it out?