PDA

View Full Version : hmf.....

nelzar13
05-15-2011, 07:55 AM
so i scored a hmf off of ebay for 140 the other day threw it on my quad jetted it and that good stuff... first impression at idle very nice deep and throaty then as i get on the throtle a bit more it it gets more brap brap two stroke sounding.... is this the norm or im i needing some new packing? i did the tap on it trick and listen for a change in sound but didnt really notice much.. sorry for the new hmf thread!

dave07ex
05-15-2011, 07:54 PM
I have the full system and based on your description, it sounds similar to my setup which is only about 2 years old and has less than average hours on it.

dxcody
05-16-2011, 03:34 AM
no that isnt normal. HMF imo puts out the best deepest sound out there. You may want to get a repacking kit for it, or you can send it into HMF and they will repack it. Im not sure how you repack them, so i cant give you any tips on doing it.

nelzar13
05-16-2011, 05:31 AM
right on.... im sure ill redo my packing soon anyways just so i know when it was changed. the dude i bought it from may of very well never changed it who knows... off to find an air riviter

Budweiserebel07
05-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Mine is just starting to get that way as well. I will have to agree HMF makes that bike sound like an animal lol.

j-tech
05-16-2011, 10:15 AM
When drilling out rivets for repacking...remember to use cutting oil. HMF uses stainless steel rivets... which can be difficult to drill out. The kit HMF sends out comes with new stainless steel rivets. These can be just as difficult to install as remove. I ended up buying a rivet gun for air compressor that seems to do the trick.

nelzar13
05-16-2011, 12:39 PM
yeah i just picked up a air powered rivet gun today at the local tool store. $50 bucks, its a cheepie but the only time ill ever use it im sure is to repack my exhaust every year.