PDA

View Full Version : OK who is hoarding all the Laeger vin plates....

protrax
05-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Just like the title say I have seen more Laeger's bikes missing the Vin plates than ever lately , who the heck is hoarding them? I get it .. you powdercoat and such but why not put it back on? or atleast give it to the new owner WTF anyone got an Extra LOL

redred55
05-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm guilty of theses charges also....my vin tag is in my tool box!!!

woodsracer144
05-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by protrax
Just like the title say I have seen more Laeger's bikes missing the Vin plates than ever lately , who the heck is hoarding them? I get it .. you powdercoat and such but why not put it back on? or atleast give it to the new owner WTF anyone got an Extra LOL

I can get you one made tell me a vin and i'll hook you up. and let me know how big you want the plate to be.

hartwill
05-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Can you get a title too? I may be interested in a vin plate if I can find a title. I can't find anything on this Arens frame where one would have been. Do you have reverse stamps for the tag?
Originally posted by woodsracer144
I can get you one made tell me a vin and i'll hook you up. and let me know how big you want the plate to be. :macho

pinitatv
05-13-2011, 08:42 PM
I sort of have a collection.......

In WI you have to have a 17 or 18? number vin to register it so I make my own and keep the originals.

woodsracer144
05-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by hartwill
Can you get a title too? I may be interested in a vin plate if I can find a title. I can't find anything on this Arens frame where one would have been. Do you have reverse stamps for the tag? :macho

i cant get a title. in WI we just get a DNR card that says the quad is ours, I had that prp and they dont have a VIN tag on them, so i just went to my old high school cause they have a lazer engraver and had them make me a tag, being some PRP's didnt have tags Dave at prp said to just make one up so i just used the year, make of chassis and modle of chassis and listed it as "new" to the DNR and had no problems with it then.

sameltoe
05-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by hartwill
I may be interested in a vin plate if I can find a title. I can't find anything on this Arens frame where one would have been. From what I have read Arens frames don't have vin's.

rustyATV
05-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by sameltoe
From what I have read Arens frames don't have vin's.

Correct! Which is a bit of a bummer for me because I bought cases years back, so my R doesn't have a VIN anywhere on it.

woodsracer144
05-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by rustyATV
Correct! Which is a bit of a bummer for me because I bought cases years back, so my R doesn't have a VIN anywhere on it.
that sucks!

protrax
05-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
I can get you one made tell me a vin and i'll hook you up. and let me know how big you want the plate to be.

I will let you know if I can't find one
thanks

MANIAK 88R
05-18-2011, 02:00 AM
My Laeger is registered as the 88 frame that it replaced as a completely new protrax. Honda number was stamped into the Laeger frame back in 95. I don't know if Mark gave his frames VIN's back then anyway. My Laeger has been an 88 Honda twice as long as the 88 Honda was so I think it has earned it.

number5
05-29-2011, 08:39 AM
where is the number stamped?

MANIAK 88R
05-31-2011, 10:45 AM
It is in three places....

#1 is between the front shocks on the cross support.

#2 is on the inside of the frame on the left side just below where the shift lever is located.

#3 is on the upper support bracket for the rear shock.

bananas
02-08-2013, 12:04 PM
I called and spoke to Scott two times at Laeger and he told me they don't issue any vin tags, which seems to be funny that I have seen them on Laeger frames. I am finishing up my build and really need one to register it in NJ. If anyone has one on an older frame that is screwed up I will buy the frame and the tag.

Please email me....
Tbananas@gmail.com

Thanks

Troy

jerorski
02-08-2013, 12:10 PM
bananas, pm sent

Burns310r
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Thats funny. My laeger narrow doesnt have a vin on it anywhere. Wish it did. I had the DNR give me a new vin sticker to get a title.

Wish i just could find the original vin.

Rip_Tear
02-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Can you guys not just make a vin and weld it to the frame or just stamp the frames yourself with number punches. When you go to register the quad you just tell them it's custom and has a custom vin # I know that's what happens here when you replace a frame with a custom one that usually dones't come with a VIN. The other thing you can do is just stamp your old/original vin number on the new frame if your old frame is trashed.

leager-n-ky
02-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I talked to Scott back when he first got the buisness from Mark, Then they would only give a replacement tag to the original owner of the frame.
Mike, mine is a 93 and it had a tag (sticky kind ) between the upper shock mounts.

bigmatt61
02-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Mine is a 97 and has an aluminum plate mounted with rivets on the cross member between the shock mounts.
It is stamped with a Laeger generated vin number for original purchaser and then the second owner also stamped his initials and race number on it.
When I got the chassis, the tag had been pc'd over. Before sending it to mark to be re-conditioned, I drilled out the rivets removed the tag and cleaned it. I then re-mounted it after pc'ing the chassis upon its return.
I asked Mark about the vin tags and if he could tell me who the original purchaser was, he said no the records were long gone. He said he only started putting tags on because people were starting to use them for more than closed course ravine and states were wanting vin's to collect money.

bananas
02-09-2013, 11:20 AM
If It was a car a boat or snowmobile in New Jersey they would issue with you in number for being a quad they will do nothing. If I'm not registered and I get caught they will take the quad away from Me and that is the last thing I want. If I can get the numbers I'll make up my own plate. I have found all the owners but the first one I know who it is but he's not responding to me.

Burns310r
02-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Ya thats the problem. I dont know what my vin is supposed to be.

250Renvy
02-09-2013, 01:48 PM
I never pulled the vin off of my 99 Laeger, and when I re-powdercoated my 97 250X frame, the powdercoater took it off and re riveted it back on, however, my current 97 350x Laeger had a vin tag as well and on the bottom is written a name - the original purchaser - I wonder if anyone else has found names on the bottom of the vin tag?

When I bought my new 2009 laeger, Mark didn't give me a vin tag either.

redred55
02-09-2013, 02:07 PM
My 01 vin tag is in my toolbox. I got it from the original owner and his name was not on the back.