PDA

View Full Version : Any KFX 700s yet???

goochy
02-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Anybody got a KFX 700 yet??????? I want to see this quad in person. I'm looking at this quad, or a new Honda (ha!!!! ha!!), or the 4 stroke Gas Gas. When is the KFX out??, will be here in March. I sold my Raptor, and I have $5000 in cash to spend. My wrist are still messed up from my dirt bike crash, but I'm READY to RIDE!!!!!

02-19-2003, 07:58 PM
well i know one guy that is selling his R for a kfz700 for TT racing....heres a pic of him in the near future

Woz
02-19-2003, 08:00 PM
I assume you are referring to the new V-Force, V-twin 700. I had the privelage of riding a couple of these for three days last week in the Glamis Dunes. They are great. Yes they are big, but they do handle well. I was very apprehensive about the automatic transmission, but after riding it, I was pretty impressed. I don't thing I'd pick one of these as my first choice on and MX track, but it was a blast to ride in the dunes. Plenty of power, and it handled quite well too. It just needed some more paddle. The paddles that are out there now just aren't ready for all that power.

goochy
02-19-2003, 08:19 PM
Yes, the V Force. I want a fast powerful quad for woods. I do not jump much, so not worried about jumping it. How did it turn, did it feel heavy. Was the power like a modified Raptor, or more or less?? I need to sit on it first, I sat on the Preditor and I DID NOT like it!!! It did not feel right to me. I like the feel of the Raptor, 400ex, Z 400, they all feel close. Could you pull the ft wheels in the sand? Woz What do you ride now, and how did the V 700 compare to it. Thanks.

Woz
02-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Anytime you want you could just hold onto the throttle and the front whees would come right up.

It really doesn't compare to anything else. When you sit on it, it feels big... Like a Utility type quad, but when you ride it, it feels much better. It corners well, but the auto tranny will trip you out.

I'm not totally sold on it, but it does work very well. It's more like a car's auto tranny. It shifts for you instead of just winding up (like the Pilot)

I caught some good air on it, and it didn't land like a tank. I saw Doug Eichner clear about a 50 foot double on it. That says a lot. It wasn't totally sporty looking in the air, but the fact that it could do it was impressive.

The front end has a single spar frame tube. Like the Roll Chassis. I think that Doug Roll actually helped develop part of it. Sooo, it works very well for a big bike, but it IS BIG. It feels much bigger than a raptor.

Hope that helps.

jesse

I'll try to get some photos uploaded for you as soon as I get a chance.

goochy
02-19-2003, 08:55 PM
:D Thanks, sounds sweet. That would have been cool to ride it and see doug jump that far on it. Roll Design did help make the frame. I can not wait until the GNCC this year. Its going to be all green. I still want a Honda, but kawi is going all out, money for racers, pro class riders, 30 ft trailer will be at every race to help Kawi racers. I think its great Kawi is going out on a limb, no one else will. It will probally be to big for me too, but I'm giving it a close look. Shaft drive, auto tranny,:confused: , I do not like but I'm just glad they have the balls to make such a bad ***** quad.

400exredrider
02-20-2003, 06:09 PM
I got one comin........I hope it just blows my predator AWAY! cause i just dont like that thing too much...:D