PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock is making noise, possible leaking oil.

chronicsmoke
05-12-2011, 09:00 AM
So I made a trip back to my cottage (where my 250r is) and there was a puddle of oil under where the shock meets the linkage. I compressed the shock and made a grinding noise.. i think the noise isnt grinding, but liquid moving around.

The shock is a Stadium rebuild and is set up gor a 160lbs rider (I'm 210 with all gear) I knew the shock was soft, so I didnt really ride it that hard since i got it.. I cased one double pretty hard when the throttle stuck open and I pulled the K-switch.. But i don't recall it leaking immediatly afterwards..

So.. What should I do? Buy a spring for my weight and have my local race tech rebuild it? Or do I have to send it to, say GTT or JET, DeRisi or Monster Performace ect..

Any input appreciated!!:)

DnB_racing
05-12-2011, 09:14 AM
I would say the first thing is get a new throttle cable,LOL

as far as the shock I always try to stay local first, but if no one around you qualified, then take a good look to see if its worth rebuilding,,sometimes its better of replacing depending on how bad it is

chronicsmoke
05-12-2011, 09:24 AM
thanks for the reply DnB,

My race tech is qualified.. but while I'm getting it rebuilt, i might as well get it set up for me at the same time. Is there a place I can find springs and stacks(if needed)?

chronicsmoke
05-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I would say the first thing is get a new throttle cable,LOL

I'm not convinced it's the cable.. for the price, I'm willing to give it a shot. But it has only stuck on me twice in about 2 hours of seat time.. both times were on a track.. never did it to me just playing around.. any ideas?