PDA

View Full Version : Old Oddball Belt Question

fastrnrik
05-12-2011, 08:01 AM
We have this older Adly/Kasea. It's the first mini I ever built for my son before I knew a whole lot about mini quads LOL. It's not one of our race bikes or anything, but it's setup to play around on. It's actually a pretty trick bike, but my kid wont ride it so I usually mess around on it
Anyway, it has the Herchee motor in it. It's just like a normal mini quad motor but the distance from the crank to the rear pulley is longer. Like when you put the clutch cover next to a DRR cover it's like 3" longer than the DRR cover. This obviously means the belt is longer, but the belt has no markings on it. I was hoping someone has messed with one of these motors and knew what belt to throw in it? I could always stick a normal DRR style motor in it, but I'd rather not spend the time or money on that.
Anyone have any info?

nordic quad
05-12-2011, 08:39 AM
I think the older DRR DRX also used the Herchee engine,and newer Adlys still uses this engine so belts should still be available.

Stein A

nordic quad
05-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by nordic quad
I think the older DRR DRX also used the Herchee engine,and newer Adlys still uses this engine so belts should still be available.

Stein A

Stage6 - Reim - Minarelli horisontal - CY
The CY may be the one you need but check with G-Force to be sure.
Stein A

Logan #34's Dad
05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Call DRR, they should be able to help you out. the Herr-Chee motor was on our 2002 DRR.

redonkulousruntsracing
05-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Older yard quads ran that motor too. My sons Bombardier DS50 had the HerChee motor. So you should be able to get one from a CanAm dealer.