PDA

View Full Version : Our local MX tracks presidents view on quads

IdahoMX
05-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Heres a e mail I got back from our local mx tracks vice president about quads on his track
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Quads are for turning the sprinklers on and off....FYI. Oh, and pulling the harrow.
----- Original Message -----
To: sale-xbgr4-2374773238@craigslist.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:00 PM
Subject: Open MX Practice and Racing 5/14 and 5/15 - $20 (OMC Grounds)

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

All except for quads are allowed,,, Flagged
http://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/2374773238.html

IdahoMX
05-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Heres there website
http://www.omcracing.com/

BenHonda400ex
05-12-2011, 06:14 AM
I would tell him to shove that sprinkler up his ***! Haha :D But that's stupid I would personally drive up there and chew him out.

IdahoMX
05-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Direct link to there emails
http://www.omcracing.com/default.asp?pageName=Contact%20Us

Feel free to flag his add if you would like to.

Canadian144
05-12-2011, 07:21 AM
I don't think that flagging the ad/being a pest is going to help anyone out.

It's a private organization and specifically has "motorcycle" in the name. If you want to ride there, buy a bike. If you don't, then find somewhere else. There is no law that states all MX tracks MUST be open to both dirtbikes AND quads.

blacknblue#2
05-12-2011, 08:05 AM
We had a local track owner like that. He built a small piddly track and called it his quad only track. And had a national level bike track. We caught him on the right day when it was only 2 or 3 bikes and 3 quads (all with me) we talked him into letting us on the bike track and made sure it was cool with the bike guys and he totally changed his perspective of quads. Make a good name for quads the right way.. but ill agree that guy just sounds like a deeek

rageatvsupermom
05-12-2011, 12:55 PM
If you want to ride there this is not the way to handle it. You have to convince the track owner that quad riders are not the stupid people that he is told we are.
If you are helpful and treat him right then it will help you in the long run. If we go around demanding that we get to ride all that is going to do make him want to turn you away....bring a big group that will make his effort profitable and you never know what might happen.

beastlywarrior
05-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
We had a local track owner like that. He built a small piddly track and called it his quad only track. And had a national level bike track. We caught him on the right day when it was only 2 or 3 bikes and 3 quads (all with me) we talked him into letting us on the bike track and made sure it was cool with the bike guys and he totally changed his perspective of quads. Make a good name for quads the right way.. but ill agree that guy just sounds like a deeek

330?

technically since it's his track he's allowed to do anything he wants. i say we just open up some quad only tracks

IdahoMX
05-12-2011, 06:20 PM
What you dont understand is this is public land deeded to them back in the 60s. Speed up a few years to the 80s, quads have been there till 2 years ago when a select few didnt like them. 1 year later they voted quads out completely unless we have 100+ to put on a quads only race. This is public land catering to a select few and the county is now trying to take back this land. The only thing holding them to the land is grandfather rights that they wrote into the deal when they sighned the lease

dan harris
05-13-2011, 05:35 AM
Man that sucks to have a track close to your house that doesn't allow quads !! I feel for ya. You can still come out to the Breezewood Proving Grounds - WE LOVE QUADS !!! .....and not for turning on the sprinklers !!!

slightlybent47
05-13-2011, 08:01 AM
There seems to be a double standard when it comes to bikes and quads.
Sure we have the rouge redneck type riders that refuse to wear helmets and ride where they are not supposed too. But there are plenty of rouge bike riders out there doing the very same thing.
Having been around both I can see where the bike crowd seems to be a lot more stuck on themselves and think they are some kind of racing gods and there chit don’t stink.
The quad crowd seems to be much more family oriented and is much more friendly to the general public.
This deference will never change, so just get used to it and go do your thing and always treat everyone with respect.

Canadian144
05-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Both crowds have a few guys that ruin it for everyone. It's just that there are so many more quads sold now, and so many with auto transmissions that are so easy to ride, that there are a lot more dickhead quad riders than bike riders.

There are so many less MX bikes sold now compared to quads, as they are a lot more dangerous and take more effort and ability to ride. The learning curve is much steeper.

There seem to be very few bad quad riders who actually ride on tracks though. Most of the guys that give us a bad name are out in the dunes and on trails, with no care or respect for other riders, the environment, or any rules/laws.

IdahoMX
05-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Threw a few emails back and fourth we are making headway. Bill has emailed me wanting to organize a quad and utv practice and this facility. For those that helped, Thank you, I really hope we can make a off road facility vs a bikemx only facility.

finsteratv
05-22-2011, 06:11 PM
I LOVE when bike riders think they're so much better HERES a comparrison i always think of..
my family: we all ride quads both parents are succesful very close family and enjoy outdoors,hunting,camping etc etc
VS
neighbors (best friend lives there) : Dads a stuck up guy wont buy is son a new bike because he dont have the "money" but buys a new f-350 dually with aftermarket stuff from the dealer..he rides bikes but will NOT let his daughters or anyone else ride besides boys of the family drops idk how much on a new KTM 505 factory bike and barely rides anymore with his boys..so they join us and found a new love for 4 wheels :devil: :macho converting em one at a time!
BTW I to enjoy riding bikes thats how i started..haha just hate the stuck up guys. quad guys..thumbs up!

muddy400EX
05-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
There seems to be a double standard when it comes to bikes and quads.
Sure we have the rouge redneck type riders that refuse to wear helmets and ride where they are not supposed too. But there are plenty of rouge bike riders out there doing the very same thing.
Having been around both I can see where the bike crowd seems to be a lot more stuck on themselves and think they are some kind of racing gods and there chit don’t stink.
The quad crowd seems to be much more family oriented and is much more friendly to the general public.
This deference will never change, so just get used to it and go do your thing and always treat everyone with respect.

exactly. i have quad guys i dont know come up and talk to me at a track, and i will go up to any quad rider and do the same

i dont ever talk to a bike guy unless he talks to me cuz there so full of themself.

even tho were all there for the same reason, its like were against eachother, i just dont get it

selbygirl
05-23-2011, 10:51 AM
we have track by us snake creeck mx my boy loved it nice peaple there was 2 other quads and abought 20 bikes . all the bike peaple where comming up to us what u got in that quad. its a cvt motor i told them its like a moped motor on stairolds . we all had a good time the owner of the track sed see you next weekend .i sed sure thanks for the invite . well we were getting ready to go. . had abought 20 other riders wer comming also . well some of the riders called me ,and they sed check out there web sight , it sed we are not allowing quads on weekends. i emailed the owner he just sed were not allowing quads enymore on weekends .and that was that.it broke my boys heart . i told him when iwas his age i was big into surfing and skateboarding .and every one thought we were long haired pot heads going no ware , now look at surfing and skate boarding it took a while but thats a big sport now . now thinking back we use to feel the same way abought boogie boards we use to call them half men and just like the bmx bikes we would all complane that they where tairing up our ramps and and halfpipes .but in time we all learned to grow with each other. just hang in there i think the quad thing will grow in time. i think peaple are afraid of change. just like going from the horse and buggy to the atuomoble take care tommy

trailrider894
05-23-2011, 11:03 AM
My local AMA District cancelled the ATV's races on saturday in order to prep for a better track for the bikes in the afternoon... THey could care less about us.... I spent well over $500 getting ready for this race, including new trailer tires.... ETC..... For them to cancel, pisses me off...