PDA

View Full Version : GoPro editing

BoneStockHonda
05-11-2011, 08:22 PM
What does everyone use to edit their GoPro footage? I've been using Sony Vegas but I'm having a real hard time getting it to render right so I'm trying to find something a little simpler to use. I am using PC...

bbender85
05-12-2011, 07:34 AM
simpler? windows movie maker. then there are forums where you can download tons of different effects for free.

Ichoptop
05-12-2011, 07:45 AM
what do you mean by "render right" I have been using Vegas for a few years withe several cameras including my go-pro and havent had a problem.

Ichoptop
05-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Render right as in there is sounds issues, wont render to a format you want, it gets jitters when you slow the footage down or speed it up, applying filters isnt correct, just wont render at all?

there are a thousand things "render right" could mean and as someone that has used Sony Vegas for 4-5 years with footage from probably 15 different cameras I was hoping I could help him out without having to buy a new editing program.

BoneStockHonda
05-12-2011, 08:24 PM
The video is really small after rendering it. I also can't rewind or fast forward the video I play it in windows media player and the bar at the bottom that shows where in the video you are instantly goes to the end. The timing for the sound is also off and there are parts that seem to speed up and slow down.

I can upload a screenshot of my settings for rendering if that will help solve my problem

Ichoptop
05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
you can send it to my email and I will look at it this weekend and compare it to my normal render settings. ichoptop at hotmail
also send what version and updates you are using.

its not Vegas, it is in the settings somewhere. Vegas isnt the best program out there but it is pretty solid. For the money it cant be beat. After rendering take the rendered file back into vegas and preview it and see how it looks as well.

BoneStockHonda
05-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the help. I sent you an email.