PDA

View Full Version : Allergies

trx250xtim
05-11-2011, 01:53 PM
I can't be the only one out there that has, and hates them. I find myself constantly sneezing into a rag if I go outside for more than 2 minutes some days. None of the allergy medication works either.

Pappy
05-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Pollen gets me, especially around pine trees. I get sneezes, eyes swell and get itchy, clogged nose...YUCK! Then i get so tired i can hardly function.

My youngest son battles with them as well.

wilkin250r
05-11-2011, 04:27 PM
I sneeze all the time, so much so that it's just become a fact of life. But MY biggest issue is my eyes. About five years ago I finally discovered eye drops with antihistamine in them. Oh man, what a life-saver. If you've never tried this stuff, I urge you to go buy some today, they make name-brand like Visine, but the generic brands work just as well for me.

I've got a bottle at work, a bottle in my car, a bottle at home, and I also try to keep a bottle in my wife's car and my garage.

When my eyes get itchy, I put a drop or two into each eye, and it often burns a little bit (not necessarily because it's "working", but just because my eyes are raw from rubbing them). THE KEY IS, AFTER YOU PUT THEM IN, DON'T RUB YOUR EYES ANYMORE FOR FIVE MINUTES. This usually fixes me right up, it puts the antihistamine directly where I need it, but doesn't make me drowsy or anything like a Benadryl would. It works even better if I can get to a sink and rinse my eyes first, and THEN put the eyedrops in.

Plus, because the eyes and nose are so close and they share passages like tear ducts and stuff, it generally helps my sneezing, too.

bens250ex
05-11-2011, 05:25 PM
my allergies kill me, so i ended up getting tested and so forth and now take shots once a week.