PDA

View Full Version : wrist pain

Trx450er94
05-11-2011, 10:57 AM
What could it be .My wrist hurts and I crashed my quad like 8 months ago and it hurts when I lift heavy stuff like when I ride it was so bad yeserday I could barely ride a bike I am 15 years old

Tommy Warren
05-11-2011, 11:47 AM
good stuff:huh

pmg8134
05-11-2011, 12:21 PM
go get a cheap wrist brace. sleep in it at night. ridin hard will give your tendons in your wrist an almost carpel tunnel like syndrome especially if you get the bars snatched or wreck. it might help it heal further because it gives them a chance to rest strecthed out

CJM
05-11-2011, 07:41 PM
You probably damaged it, since you use your wrist alot you really wont ever heal. As stated you need a brace and to wear it like 24/7 for about a month and see if it improves-it improves wear it during the day for another 2-3 months and you should be ok.

tjsdaname
05-11-2011, 07:49 PM
I crashed during a race back in 09 and messed up my wrist, but did not brake it... but I can still feel it today....

thing that helps me the most is riding and stretching it before and after...

Trx450er94
05-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks. I'm gonna try the brace at night and is there a brace I could race with and would be able to use it still but still support it my cousin said that there's like a little bone that's really small and its easy to break and a lot of people don't even know it ill probably race one more and if it still hurts ill get a xray.

Bryson#221
05-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Trx450er94
Thanks. I'm gonna try the brace at night and is there a brace I could race with and would be able to use it still but still support it my cousin said that there's like a little bone that's really small and its easy to break and a lot of people don't even know it ill probably race one more and if it still hurts ill get a xray.

Sounds like tendinitis- that's what I have. It hurts to lift or put pressure on. Ice/heat worked for me...I had to wear a brace for about 2 years. Not fun! Hope you heal up and feel better soon.

trailrider894
05-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Just be glad its not your knees....

XC_Racer_129
05-13-2011, 02:13 PM
I wrecked my wrist two years ago. It still hurts almost always, but usually it's nothing major, just an annoyance. I have a wrist brace that I used to wear at night that helped A LOT when it first happened. I have to wear an evs brace riding or else the pain is almost unbearable. I ride almost every weekend and i used to landscape, so it never truly got time to heal correctly. I wish I would have went to do hospital and got it checked out when it happened. Do yourself a favor and get it checked.

slightlybent47
05-13-2011, 05:42 PM
I was thrown from my horse 4-5 years ago and pulled most of the tendons in my rite four arm. And it was painful for over a year, I had to learn to switch hit,(if ya know what I mean) lol

Could be bone spurs or tendonitis, that can happen after an injury or too much calcium in your diet.

TheLane
05-13-2011, 06:14 PM
The stranger FTW!

finsteratv
05-13-2011, 06:16 PM
i wrecked mine last night at practice and have a lacrosse tournament this weekend.. ive been wearing a brace today but whenever i rotate it, it pops/cracks and hurts. the more i move it and dont brace it the more it tenses up till i cant move it and the pain spreads up my forearm even more. sorry for a thread hi-jack but i was wondering what you think it could be?

trailrider894
05-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Lay off the late night activities guys!! GEEZ!!!

DnB_racing
05-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
i wrecked mine last night whenever i rotate it, it pops. the more i move it the more it tenses up till i move up my forearm even more. then leave it alone for one night!lol

finsteratv
05-13-2011, 09:45 PM
hahaha LACROSSE PRACTICE. not my bad i score so much ;)

atvracer190
05-14-2011, 04:37 PM
quit sanding the ole hammer handle so much and itll heal up, you kno that stuff will make ya go blind and make ya babies be born naked

Wheelie
05-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Get it checked out. I had a bad quad wreck several years ago that effed me up pretty badly. My left wrist was really sore, I thought I had a bad sprain so I let it go for a couple days. As it turned out I had two broken bones in my wrist and it required surgery and screws---which are still in my wrist.

It never swelled after the wreck, just hurt like hell. I'm glad I had it checked, and I rarely go to doctors.