PDA

View Full Version : new clutch lever

THR36
05-10-2011, 08:13 PM
2008 trx 450er

i just put on a new clutch lever. and i took the stock one off and noticed that little black clicker piece with the two wires connected to it?
and it seems that if those wires are not connected the bike will not start. is there a way i can by pass that whole mess on there? or hide it somehow with having the piece being clicked in. cause when it is clicked in, it wont even start?

anybody had this problem changing there clutch levers?

DnB_racing
05-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by THR36
2008 trx 450er

i just put on a new clutch lever. and i took the stock one off and noticed that little black clicker piece with the two wires connected to it?
and it seems that if those wires are not connected the bike will not start. is there a way i can by pass that whole mess on there? or hide it somehow with having the piece being clicked in. cause when it is clicked in, it wont even start?

anybody had this problem changing there clutch levers? yes everyone that changes the clutch perch on a er, to an aftermarket clutch perch has this situation,
and yes you can just splice the 2 wires together, they are the clutch -neutral safety switch they are just to make sure that when you press the button while in gear you dont run something over