PDA

View Full Version : TQRA Race March 9th......

QuadR8cer12
02-19-2003, 07:31 PM
I am sad to say I wont be able to make it out to the season opener of the TQRA race March 9th. I just wanted to tell you guys good luck this sunday for the finale race of the warm up series and good luck for the opener! I wish I could be there so you guys could see all the mods I got to my quad now! They are listed in my sig. Mark did most of it for me. see you guys at round 2! Later!

MxDale71
02-19-2003, 08:16 PM
Why aren't you gonna be there? Well, I'll be at Athens ( :ermm: ) because I still have a chance for a top 3 finish. I REALLY would like to go to Swan instead though.

Well, ttyl man...

PS. I like the pic by your name :)

Razorback
02-20-2003, 08:28 AM
I'll be there this Sunday and for round 1, but I'm going to have to miss round 2. Timing of things just sucks sometimes :mad:

Oh well, nice mods there Austin. I just got mine back from Mark last night. I had the same work done as you except I had a 416 put in, not the 440. Man, what a difference! I'm still running the stock carb right now, but will get another carb in a couple of months.

Douwe - If you come across an extra pair of paddles, bring 'em Sunday ;) I haven't been able to find any. See you there!

MxDale71
02-20-2003, 11:19 AM
I've got a set of paddles but I have to borrow Daniels 9" wheels for them. The guy I borrowed them from has another set buy they are VERY worn down, a few paddles are about to brake off, and I doubt they would even hold air. I don't know of anyone else that has some though... sorry.

I sure hope I can find a bolt for my subframe in time :(, no luck so far.

P.S. I hope you're ready for a ROUGH race. Sand is a horrible thing to make a track out of. If you have any tires besides your tamers, I would recommend bringing them.

QuadR8cer12
02-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
Why aren't you gonna be there? Well, I'll be at Athens ( :ermm: ) because I still have a chance for a top 3 finish. I REALLY would like to go to Swan instead though.

Well, ttyl man...

PS. I like the pic by your name :)

Thanks I like it to!;) I want to stay sooo bad to race it! But my parents wont let me stay for the race. They want me to go skiing with them and they dont want me to race on a new and faster quad without them being there:rolleyes: Oh well I am hoping it gets rained out;) Good luck you guys! Later!

MxDale71
02-22-2003, 06:20 PM
I REALLY hope it gets rained out... that would work out perfectly. I'm not gonna be there either because I have strepped throat or something. I dunno, all I know is my tonsels (sp?) are all infected and *****. So I'm gonna be sitting at home tomorrow thinking about how I could be racing trying to hold on to my 3rd place overall finish. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to work on the Lonestar series now. I'm not going to be racing for points in the TQRA regular series. I can't afford the $50 membership because I have to buy a ATVA membership too to race the Lonestar series. You racing the Lonestar series? There are gonna be some badass tracks in this series. Like Swan, Clearview, and Lake Whitney!

QuadR8cer12
02-23-2003, 05:49 PM
I went to watch the TQRA race at athens it was coolbut that track is long! Johnny Hale was back. He got first. He almost crashed too. He cased this hug triple after the finish line and he almost went over the bars:eek2: but he SOMEHOW saved it. I ended up geting tird over all even though I didnt race that day for the whole series. But they wouldnt give me the overall trophie:( they said I had o ride in 3 of the for to get one and I only hit 2 of them:rolleyes:

MX26
02-23-2003, 07:25 PM
Swan wasn't good. The wind was blowing too hard and the track was way too dry. There weren't many wrecks, but the ones that did happen were minor. Our buddy Turner Cavender pulled holeshot on the 125 Novice class(2nd moto) only to end up sliding out in the 2nd corner.

toby400ex
02-23-2003, 07:54 PM
yeah, it sucks to miss the first race of series because of parents:mad:

QuadR8cer12
02-23-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
yeah, it sucks to miss the first race of series because of parents:mad: YA I KNOW!!!!
I would have first rapped up if I cn just hit all those races but now I am going to have to REALLY have to work for it! But I like a challenge;)

Razorback
02-24-2003, 08:01 AM
The racing was great yesterday. The weather was nice, around 60, but there were extremely strong winds all day, so we had sand storms to deal with. I think I'll be finding sand for weeks now :)

The things I heard about the track were true. It was pure sand. All the rain we had the days leading up to the race helped keep it packed, so traction was not too much of an issue. Not one person had paddles, that I saw.

The track was great...when we practiced. By the time we started racing, it got rutted and whooped out like no other I've seen. You basically had to hold on for dear life to keep from getting bucked off. We had more yellow flags than we've had in a long time. I don't think anyone got seriously hurt, because the crashes generally weren't due to huge jumps, because there weren't many. The crashes were more due to poor landings on jumps and not handling the whoops and turns well.

There were jumps, jumps, jumps. There were 26 jumps on this track, and there wasn't much space between the jumps, so you had no time to cruise and give your arms a few seconds break. After my first moto, I felt like I had already ran 3.

Even with the roughness of the track, it was a lot of fun, and the turnout was good. Johnny Hale raced again and looked good. He won both the pro motos.

QuadR8cer12
02-24-2003, 03:36 PM
it had 28 jumps not 26;) . It was nice meeting you Razor. Man johhny Hale was flyin! even though he almost busted his arse! I dont know how he saved that one off that triple. He has a new freestyle trick.....Indian Air Kiss of Death;) :p I wanted to ride sooooooo bad! That track looked hard! I still git third place overall though for the series. lol I only raced 2 of the 4 races. But they wouldnt give me a trophie though:( since I only raced 2 of th 4..... oh well... those were sweet trohpies though with dana on them doing a superman.......

Razorback
02-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
it had 28 jumps not 26;) . It was nice meeting you Razor. Man johhny Hale was flyin! even though he almost busted his arse! I dont know how he saved that one off that triple. He has a new freestyle trick.....Indian Air Kiss of Death;) :p I wanted to ride sooooooo bad! That track looked hard! I still git third place overall though for the series. lol I only raced 2 of the 4 races. But they wouldnt give me a trophie though:( since I only raced 2 of th 4..... oh well... those were sweet trohpies though with dana on them doing a superman.......

Good to meet you too. I think they only had 26 of them numbered, so that's what I was going by. Their website does say 28, so that's probably right. Heck, by the time things were done some of the whooped out sections were like doubles :devil

Those trophies were sweet. I didn't get a series trophy, but I did get a 5th place trophy, and they are coooool.

QuadR8cer12
02-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Razorback

Those trophies were sweet. I didn't get a series trophy, but I did get a 5th place trophy, and they are coooool. :mad: :grr I am jealous!! I want one of them!!Hopefull they use those the rest of the year so I will be sure to get one!;)

QuadR8cer12
02-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Better yet I will just get some of that pro money!!;) :p

MxDale71
02-24-2003, 04:28 PM
When I rode there, I didn't think it was very hard, I just couldn't get any traction. I wonder what I ended up with overall for the series. Either way, I won't get a trophy. I'm starting feel a little better, I still have a fever and headache, but it doesn't hurt to eat as much as it did before so I guess that's good.

Who's going to Village next weekend? I'm planning on being there. I'll probably race the Texas Lonestar Series instead of the TQRA series. I'll race a few of the TQRA races, but I won't be racing for points. I can't afford a ATVA and TQRA membership, and running both of those series would be pushing it to much for me... I just wanna take it easy.

Texan32
02-24-2003, 04:41 PM
Aside from the "North Dakota" winds we had, it was a great day to race. The was a pretty goo turn out. "C" and "B" classes both had to have heat races. Razor was right. I was SO VERY GLAD that i placed in my first moto. Having to run the LCQ and then the final moto would have KILLED me. Like Razor said, the track started out nice and by the first moto, it was crazy. By the 2nd moto, i don't think i was able to sit down once. What was just a few little bumps turned into a full fledged woop section (both of the:eek2: ).

Razor, it was a real pleasure to meet you. My wife said you get the seal of approval:p So, if you ever come down to San Antonio, shoot me a line and we'll grab a beer:D

MX, i'm sorry you weren't able to make it. But, its best that you didn't. Racing isn't worth getting even more sick!

As soon as i can get my film developed, i will get some pics posted!!

P.S. I'll tell you this. For all you that ever go to Athen MX, your better off putting on a set of stock tires (rears at least). I only ran "C" class, have no motor mods (aside from the pipe), and i SMOKED all but 1 quad off the line (BOTH MOTOs). This included craptor's and Z-400's. Seeing as how this was only my 3rd MX race ever, i cannot attribute the holeshot to experience. It had to be the tires!!!!!

MX26
02-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Stock 400EX/250R tires are very good in sand. If any of you have ever read a Dirt Wheels that features a desert race, you'll see that most of the riders are in fact using the Ohtsu's

MxDale71
02-24-2003, 07:15 PM
I got 5th overall. One of you should have picked up my trophy for me, lol J/P.

Where's everyone gonna be this weekend? Like I said before, I'm planning on going to Village. If I can make enough money by this weekend, I'll try to race Badlands on Saturday too. I figure I have to make up for not riding any yesterday, so I should try to race 2 races this weekend.

QuadR8cer12
02-24-2003, 07:26 PM
woooo you guys crazy! Its to cold to ride!(well maybe note)But It is snow/sleet here and I would only ride 4X4 in this mess!;) :p is it supposed to be nice by the weekend?:confused:

doublezero
02-24-2003, 09:21 PM
texan32, what place did u get in C class? i was on the stock 300ex and i placed 8th.

Texan32
02-24-2003, 09:40 PM
First moto i got 3rd

Second moto, i was in 3rd. Then on the last lap, somehow, the guy on the raptor blasted past me. I swear. It seemed like he passed me so fast, i thought i had stopped for a coffee break. No idea how the heck that happened! I was able to keep up with him, but we were getting too close for comfort and i backed off a little. Then right at jump 20 and 21, i couldn't get out of 1st gear. So, the guy on the yellow Z was able to pass me up. I ended up with 5th. So, i am not going to complain too much. I showed up to spend money (at the gate) and have fun. I did both and even got a trophy, so i will call that a WIN:D