PDA

View Full Version : Mx alive

Warnerade
05-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Anyone else feel like it is a waste of money? Reflex was really good, and this one just....isn't.

ballzdeep38
05-10-2011, 11:44 AM
i havent played Alive yet. now i am a little concerned though. I have been holding out on buying the extra tracks for Reflex in anticipation of buying Alive. you sound like you have a stron opinion of it. Can you elaborate on it? Did you buy the game? or did you play it at the demo stand at hte supercross races for example? what are you biggest issues?

lasher45
05-10-2011, 11:54 AM
It's out??

I might just go pick it up tonight then. I'll let you know what I think of it if I end up buying it.

Warnerade
05-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I just Picked it up and am thinking of trading it in. I liked reflex, the controls are similar but the handling is not quite as good as reflex. There are no supercross tracks, instead they have "short track" (figure 8 type stuff) there is no career championship, just single player races. There are only 2 national, 2 short tracks and 2 open rides available until you get to level ten. I have played each national twice and each short track and I am only level 3. There is not even a tutorial or a direction book to tell you what everything does. The ball was dropped big time IMO

Tommy Warren
05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
I hated reflex so I won't even both downloading the demo on this....I miss atv vs mx unleashed.....and off road fury 4

ballzdeep38
05-10-2011, 12:36 PM
i had heard that the game is going to have a lot of DLC. how much of the DLC is worth it? (extra tracks, bikes, championship mode, supercross tracks?). or is the DLC pointless stuff like gear, graphics, and avatar stuff?

ballzdeep38
05-10-2011, 12:37 PM
it doesnt make sense that they would be a huge sponsor of the Supercross series and not have a supercross mode:confused: ...

rollie
05-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ballzdeep38
it doesnt make sense that they would be a huge sponsor of the Supercross series and not have a supercross mode:confused: ...

it will be downloadable in june i heard.

Apparently as you get better and win more, you can buy new chassis parts and rider things to make them handle better and whip better and all that, and i guess the 450's are way better once you get to them.

Honestly i wasn't interested the moment i heard there was going to be preload in the game.

ryan243
05-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Total let down.... :(

ballzdeep38
05-10-2011, 02:32 PM
so if i buy the game to play the supercross series i have to wait till JUNE! that sounds weak. if there is a downloadble demo ill be checking it out tonight. unless it is AMAZING i dont see myself spending $40 for the game + $5-10 for a mode that should have been there in the first place + $5-10 to make my character/ bike do what it should be able to do without the DLC.

The Idea that you HAVE to have an XBOX LIVE account to access different parts of the game seems stupid. I guess some people will have to add a 1 month subscription on to that bill as well just to play the game the way it should have came in the first place...

madskrillz2
05-10-2011, 02:51 PM
The last good MX/ATV game was the original MX vs. ATV on PS2. The rest just suck imo.

300ex_#387
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
The last good MX/ATV game was the original MX vs. ATV on PS2. The rest just suck imo.

Unleashed is my favorite so far. I really like reflex a lot though too.

Rootar
05-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I just played it for about 5 hours over at my buddies house. IMO its pretty sweet. Once you get to about Level 10 youve got the 125s DIALED they are quick and then you unlock the 250fs. The tracks are difficult and the CPU players ride dirty. Once you get the 250fs built up you can clear alot of the jumps easier and the handling IS greatly improve once you get the factory and aftermarket parts.

Keep in mind reflex was like $65 when i came out and had everything this one is only $40 and you have to earn everything and then buy the add on's once the network is back up. There will tons of extras for the game once they get network back up and going.

Jim417mx
05-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Am I the only one that thought reflex sucked when I bought it? I remember hating it at first, and it took a long time to get good at. Now, I'm winning online races and its still fun. Maybe alive is the same way... ?

Wired
05-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Jim417mx
Am I the only one that thought reflex sucked when I bought it? I remember hating it at first, and it took a long time to get good at. Now, I'm winning online races and its still fun. Maybe alive is the same way... ?

i feel the same! reflex to me was one of the hardest games to be fast in. now that im fast and used to the handling alive feels very sluggish. but im hoping once i get all the upgrades it will feel better. only things im bummed about are the taunts/yelling and no gas/brake gyro.

Rootar
05-10-2011, 07:02 PM
yea whats up with the taunts and yelling? it was getting annoying after awhile. The whole thing with the cpu players remembering if you hit them or not is true if you stuff one in a corner you better pull away or your gonna get that favor returned in the next corner.

and yea john the bikes handling does come a long way but its still easier than reflex is what we found. When you up the difficulty the CPU gets REALLY tough to beat, really tough, in amatuer i could always finish top 5 if not 1st or 2nd, anything above that and i could never keep a lead pace, i was lucky to finish in the top half.

Titanium
05-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Sadly the last good ATV game was ATV off-road fury 2 on ps2. To this day is still my favorite. after that everything was down hill.:( doesnt make sense at all if you think about it.

madskrillz2
05-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
Sadly the last good ATV game was ATV off-road fury 2 on ps2. To this day is still my favorite. after that everything was down hill.:( doesnt make sense at all if you think about it.

See that's why I liked Unleashed cause it was like a new improved version of ORF 2.

Titanium
05-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
See that's why I liked Unleashed cause it was like a new improved version of ORF 2.

the handling side of things improve but after ORF 2 the unrealistic side of things just started getting out of control. Unleashed was still a good game though dont get me wrong. but ORF 3 sucked a ss majorly.

madskrillz2
05-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
the handling side of things improve but after ORF 2 the unrealistic side of things just started getting out of control. Unleashed was still a good game though dont get me wrong. but ORF 3 sucked a ss majorly.

Oh yeah no kiddin. It's because ORF 3 was a different game developer. Rainbow Studios made the first two and sold the rights to Climax for the 3rd one.

lasher45
05-10-2011, 07:55 PM
To be honest, at first I wasn't too impressed. The bikes were sluggish and handling just seemed off.

However once I got into it and got used to the controls/handling it was 100x better than Reflex was. The controls are more responsive and you have to rely on using the clutch more, especially in turns.

Pre-loading does not make a huge difference, if anything scrubbing is the best way to handle the jumps. The only bad thing I found about the new pre-loading system is that you can press down (click) the right analog stick to sort of "bounce" and get extra air. Other than that it was pretty good.

Track deformation was a huge improvement over reflex and theres no longer any random breaking bumps or 6ft high berms that get created in 1 lap. There's a couple corners were the ruts really come in handy as well.

The bar banging system is what I was most worried about. I thought the game was going to turn out into mario kart style racing where you have to pummel your way to the front. To be honest it's nothing like that at all. It makes the racing more intense because you can finally rub against someone in a corner without one of you going flying off the track.

The ATV's improved since reflex but they still feel a little off to me. Nonetheless it is an improvement.

As for the maps, there is only 2 "full" size tracks available until you reach level 10 (I played for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and I'm level 8 right now). There is also 2 small tracks that are just figure 8's. Nothing really special, and theres 2 free ride tracks as well that are pretty big. Once you reach level 10 you unlock about 6 or 7 more full size tracks, then at level 25 you unlock the remaining 5 or so.

The developers stated that there is a heavy emphasis on DLC content and they would be stupid not to include Supercross tracks within the next month or so. The DLC is supposed to include: Gear, tracks, bikes and other things.

The bikes are a big difference between 250 and 450. I believe once you reach level 10 you also unlock the big bikes/quads. The unlock system isn't based on money any more. Instead your bike/quad has 3 levels and you get XP for each race completed. The higher position and things like that get you more XP. Every level your bike reaches you unlock more stuff. For instance, level 1 you get graphics and handle bars, level 2 you get exhaust and tires, and level 3 you get the suspension and a different frame that improves handling.

Overall it's worth the $40. Like I said, at first it seemed like the game was crap and not worth the money. But once you play for a little while it turns out to be better than reflex in almost everyway.

jrspawn
05-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Worst 40 bucks i have ever thrown away!

muddy400EX
05-10-2011, 10:31 PM
i dont think ive ever been truly impressed with an mx game yet.

and as soon as i seen the alive commercials where they are elbowing eachother and making them wreck, i was like, ya this is gonna be gay

we need to all try and send emails to the makers of DIRT (i think its codemasters) and get to make a REAL mx game. have bikes and quads. mx and xc. and not combine the two, i hate that they race quads and bikes together on mx vs atv, its retarded

honda250xman
05-11-2011, 05:07 AM
I really think it is a good game, but will only get better. Quads are beast on this game compared to most games in the past except unleashed and ORF 2. If the PSN was up and running it would make things much better for the game. I've personally reached level 10 already and love the game. I love riding quads in this game as opposed to reflex where they were absolutely horrible IMO.

Overall i do think it was worth 40 bucks and will be hitting up most of the DLC packs. I am a little upset that i cant even use the JS compound code because PSN is down and also that there isnt a championship mode or supercross mode by default. I guess its the new marketing strategy for intense gamers. If this strategy works look out for more people to start doing this (i.e. COD).

It's really boring racing the same tracks over and over until level 10 but then it isnt so bad. I like where the game is going, i just hope that the DLC packs arent overpriced for what they are going to be.

Wired
05-11-2011, 08:55 AM
The quads on this game rip! i hated them on untamed and reflex and never raced more than 10 times combined. Buddy of mine told me to try the quad lastnight and holy $hit do the 450 cannondale fly!!! ATV Fury 4 is what we got here and im pumped on it!!!

Ellingsoc26
05-11-2011, 08:59 AM
This game is sooooo much better than reflex and i was really good at that game! The bikes get alot better once u lvl up thats for sure the quads are rideable as well. This is one of those games that will get alot better and for 40 bucks why not? Ya its missing things but hey black opts got alot of patches i can see this game getting the same thing

SRH
05-11-2011, 11:07 AM
did you guys remember to go into settings and take off assists? i bet thats partially why it feels sluggish

i loved reflex ....if its like unleashed ill burn it...preload ...thats gay...

SRH
05-11-2011, 11:10 AM
is the online as bad as reflex where your stuck waiting to race forever? i pick mine up tonight, and it comes with very little stuff right away its all dlc thats why its $40

troybilt
05-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I just got the game last night and played for 30 minutes... I was disappointed.. I didn't realize it was all DLC. I don't have mine hooked to XBOX live... sucks.

jrspawn
05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by SRH
did you guys remember to go into settings and take off assists? i bet thats partially why it feels sluggish

i loved reflex ....if its like unleashed ill burn it...preload ...thats gay...

Burn baby burn! And yes preload is back, on the ps3 you have to press the r3(right stick) button.

honda250xman
05-11-2011, 11:38 AM
i don't feel like the preload makes it gay. if you read its supposed to be the equivalent of a seat bounce. but it isnt really overboard as in the other games. i feel the tracks are more technical this go around and thats why they have the seat bounce added, so you can hit the fast lines from the inside just like in real life. alive is certainly more "realistic" than reflex was IMO.

I cant wait to get home from work and play some more!! haha

Also, if anyone wants to add me when PSN goes back up its DDub505 i'm online a lot and am always looking for good people to race and play black ops with!

SRH
05-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Burn baby burn! And yes preload is back, on the ps3 you have to press the r3(right stick) button.

i wish i hadnt pre ordered....i figured they would of fixed the bumping and banging of reflex add some new features ...it would of been awesome ....would of....

tjsdaname
05-11-2011, 01:18 PM
it's not as bad as everyone is saying...

it sucks at first, because all you have is a slow *** 125... but once you get to level 10 and have a modded out 125 they fly and you get the 250s and more tracks...

if you like MX vs ATV games this is a good one...

WB450r
05-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by tjsdaname
it's not as bad as everyone is saying...

it sucks at first, because all you have is a slow *** 125... but once you get to level 10 and have a modded out 125 they fly and you get the 250s and more tracks...

if you like MX vs ATV games this is a good one...

x2
i didnt really like the game at first but i just got to level 10 last nite and its getting better..have to work your way up

SRH
05-12-2011, 10:50 AM
its not that bad, however its far more unrealistic than reflex, when i hit a rythm hard in this game it seems to suck me to the ground and it forces me to case the next jump.....wtf

graphics blow

....game is most fun to play inn helmet cam view...and its the only game i played that feels real in that view and you can go fast on

game is still a step backwards from reflex...no way the same ppl made this game....looks and feels like mtx mototrax

lasher45
05-12-2011, 11:49 AM
I get the same feeling sometimes, like the bike is just sticking to the ground. If your coming up to a jump slow remember to press down the right analog stick to seat bounce and you should get more air.

I just reached level 25 last night and the 450's are definitely a huge a step up from the 250's and 125's. The new tracks are alot better than any of the other ones as well.

The graphics arn't horrible, but their not the best. I was also having problems with the frame rate when the lighting got complex, especially on one of the tropical maps. That may just be my PS3 though, I've had to take it apart and fix the YLOD 3 times now.

tjsdaname
05-12-2011, 12:22 PM
everyone that thinks it "pulls them to the ground" go turn off the jump assist in the options menu... then it feels almost the same as reflex

I thought the same thing until I turned it off....

lasher45
05-12-2011, 04:01 PM
I turned off both assists before I started playing the game and I still notice it.

trx250xtim
05-14-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't like the 250 quads or 125 dirt bikes, but once you get the 450 quads and you can buy everything or whatever you do (you know what i mean) the quads are amazing IMHO.

sexysilverado45
05-14-2011, 08:38 PM
the games so-so. The james stewart compound is a fun track except for the big jumps. The big jumps seem to launch you straight in the air causing you to not be able to clear the jumps instead of far like they would in real life.

trx250xtim
05-14-2011, 08:40 PM
The JS compound is actually really fun on free ride, especially the 50 there. The other free-ride place (the beach) with the quad is also fun. I still can't figure out what kind of quad that is.

juice420
05-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by trx250xtim
The JS compound is actually really fun on free ride, especially the 50 there. The other free-ride place (the beach) with the quad is also fun. I still can't figure out what kind of quad that is.
It resembles a drag Banshee to me. BTW I'll be on later on X-BOX LIVE. GT=Juicycoma.

Warnerade
05-15-2011, 07:04 PM
level 19 and I have everything unlocked...and I still thin it is a horible waste of money. the tracks WOULD be fun, if the bikes were even somewhat realistic

tjsdaname
05-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
level 19 and I have everything unlocked...and I still thin it is a horible waste of money. the tracks WOULD be fun, if the bikes were even somewhat realistic

how? you bought the stuff?

you have to be level 25 to get the 450's and all the tracks....

and you dont get all the perks and stuff until level 50

I am 50 and have everything...

Warnerade
05-15-2011, 07:26 PM
You're a level 50 already? Wow lol. And ya I paid for it, still not impressed.

Wired
05-16-2011, 09:21 AM
i was level 50 on friday. too easy to level up in this very stale game :(

trx250xtim
05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by juice420
It resembles a drag Banshee to me. BTW I'll be on later on X-BOX LIVE. GT=Juicycoma. The only thing that's keeping me from thinking that is that it doesn't sound anything like a 2-smoke, and if im on tonight I'll add ya

juice420
05-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by trx250xtim
The only thing that's keeping me from thinking that is that it doesn't sound anything like a 2-smoke, and if im on tonight I'll add ya
Well, it's 1,000cc. So it's basically like putting a R1 motor in it.

lasher45
05-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Since PSN is finally back up, I'll be playing this alot. Add me if you want to race: badforyou1

juice420
05-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Wired
i was level 50 on friday. too easy to level up in this very stale game :( Yeh, once you figure out how to do a backflip it's easy to level up. Short track racing also levels up your bike or quad faster.

bad450r08
05-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Do you have to have xbox live to unlock js compound?

SRH
05-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Wired
i was level 50 on friday. too easy to level up in this very stale game :(

oh what happened mr this is great?:p

the game is awful...compared to reflex....its like mtx motortrax for the 360

reflex i could smoke my non riding buddies because anything you did on a bike in real life made you faster in the game...this game they smoke me...they know how to use the turbo boost nitrous clutch and the trigger mounted pogo stick suspension

only fun im having is trying to best everyones lap time on my friends list...and forget it on a 450 bike the thing just bounces into the sky too much and no rythm....the only fun thing is the 450 quad.... they actually handle like the ones in reflex....

what a joke the whole dl content is , im surely going to be burnt out on the game before i even feel like wasting anymore money on there july supercross

if they had took reflex fixed the online play , added the dl content, the leveling up ..what an awesome game it would be...not this piece of trash....

at least in reflex the quads were harder to turn fast laps on...i could have fun running the same tracks over and over....this game a 450 quad smokes bikes or anything even on the most technical tracks and there is no flow to anything

beastlywarrior
05-17-2011, 06:49 PM
does anyone have a list of the quads on there, one looks like a raptor 350 all mxed out

Warnerade
05-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by SRH
oh what happened mr this is great?:p

the game is awful...compared to reflex....its like mtx motortrax for the 360

reflex i could smoke my non riding buddies because anything you did on a bike in real life made you faster in the game...this game they smoke me...they know how to use the turbo boost nitrous clutch and the trigger mounted pogo stick suspension

only fun im having is trying to best everyones lap time on my friends list...and forget it on a 450 bike the thing just bounces into the sky too much and no rythm....the only fun thing is the 450 quad.... they actually handle like the ones in reflex....

what a joke the whole dl content is , im surely going to be burnt out on the game before i even feel like wasting anymore money on there july supercross

if they had took reflex fixed the online play , added the dl content, the leveling up ..what an awesome game it would be...not this piece of trash....

at least in reflex the quads were harder to turn fast laps on...i could have fun running the same tracks over and over....this game a 450 quad smokes bikes or anything even on the most technical tracks and there is no flow to anything Billybadnews or something?

SRH
05-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Warnerade
Billybadnews or something?

yes haha

troybilt
05-19-2011, 11:23 AM
What's the longest jump in the beach freeride? I could only get to 282ft. I tried with the drag banshee but it throws you off each time you try to jump with it, ...that is with a really long leading start... haha..

trog2233
05-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
What's the longest jump in the beach freeride? I could only get to 282ft. I tried with the drag banshee but it throws you off each time you try to jump with it, ...that is with a really long leading start... haha..

I hit 355 ft....thats my best

troybilt
05-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by trog2233
I hit 355 ft....thats my best

With atv or 450r dirtbike? Where's the jump?

Warnerade
05-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by SRH
yes haha Tom Virrata. Nice to meet ya

trog2233
05-19-2011, 12:41 PM
With atv or 450r dirtbike? Where's the jump? It was with the hidden quad on that you find there. I have no idea how to tell you where the jump is..

SRH
05-19-2011, 03:11 PM
where do u find the hidden quad and bike?

trx250xtim
05-19-2011, 06:31 PM
bryan carreg quarry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeHCSelqmyo)
devil's playground (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lPtqMj86Lg)
stewart compound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhxXEbQq_QA)

trx250xtim
05-19-2011, 07:06 PM
What's the longest jump in the beach freeride? I could only get to 282ft. I tried with the drag banshee but it throws you off each time you try to jump with it, ...that is with a really long leading start... haha.. I had 400 and change with the 450 quad, everything done to it.

Nac's22
05-24-2011, 08:40 PM
How do you download the Stewart compound on PS3? I don't know where to go to type in the thing that comes with the game.

lasher45
05-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Once the PS3 online store services come back up you go to account management-redeem code and then type in the code that came with the game for the stewart compound.

rundrave
06-07-2011, 07:42 AM
has there been any new DLC that makes this game worth buying yet?

i have held off so far but still pondering getting it. now that some of you have had some more time to play what are you thoughts?

Exrider434
06-07-2011, 10:28 AM
I like it, but still disappointed that THQ hasn't gotten the DLC up yet, it's up in countries outside of the US supposedly, but nothing yet here.... This is for ps3 by the way. Apparently there will be OEM bike downloads coming out as well as new tracks once the moto depot is up and running.

SRH
06-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by rundrave
has there been any new DLC that makes this game worth buying yet?

i have held off so far but still pondering getting it. now that some of you have had some more time to play what are you thoughts?

i hated it ...

now i like it alot..more than reflex.....excited for the supercross and the 450s

you really have to play it alot to get to where u like it...i dont like tracks in the snow or the way the clutch works but otherwise...good game

outacontrol
06-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by lasher45
Once the PS3 online store services come back up you go to account management-redeem code and then type in the code that came with the game for the stewart compound.

tried that for the first time tonight. it said invalid or expired code. im pissed. how can it be expired when ps3 online was down for over a month!!!

tjsdaname
06-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i hated it ...

now i like it alot..more than reflex.....excited for the supercross and the 450s

you really have to play it alot to get to where u like it...i dont like tracks in the snow or the way the clutch works but otherwise...good game

lol, I told you it's not that bad....

Exrider434
06-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
tried that for the first time tonight. it said invalid or expired code. im pissed. how can it be expired when ps3 online was down for over a month!!!

The moto depot is down that's why it says it is invalid or expired.

outacontrol
06-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
The moto depot is down that's why it says it is invalid or expired.

what is the moto depot?

Jim417mx
06-09-2011, 05:40 PM
anybody know the details on when supercross is being available for download? I heard june, and its june, so wheres it at? By the way... when u unlock scrub master, this game is WAY better than reflex!

Exrider434
06-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
what is the moto depot?

It's where you can purchase the DLC from but it's not up in the US right now.

motox_rider695
06-11-2011, 07:09 PM
anybody get any of the name brand bikes? how are they compared to the takashi or blaze?

tjsdaname
06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by motox_rider695
anybody get any of the name brand bikes? how are they compared to the takashi or blaze?

I bought the honda 250f and there is a huge difference from the off-brand bikes...

definitely worth the 3$ it costs....

250rsforlife
06-14-2011, 05:51 PM
where do u find the hidden quads and stuff on the freerides?

motox_rider695
06-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 250rsforlife
where do u find the hidden quads and stuff on the freerides?

better luck just looking on youtube.

300ex_#387
06-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Stewart compound is up for the PS3 now.

Honda4life05
06-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey i sent you a PM 300ex_#387

300ex_#387
06-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Honda4life05
Hey i sent you a PM 300ex_#387

Never did get a PM.

Honda4life05
06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Just wondering if you made it up to a talorville for q race yett. I might go up this weekend if the track is decent. Thanks

250rsforlife
06-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by motox_rider695
better luck just looking on youtube.
yea i found it then jumped 291 first time i felt like a champ

rundrave
07-22-2011, 07:50 AM
so I broke down and bought the game been playing it the last couple nights. Not sure what to make of it yet, but I will try to level up a bit higher before I make a final decision.

Does the moto depot not work on xbox? Put in my code for the stewart compound and it downloads a file, the depot shows I downloaded it, but I dont see it on free ride?

If the DLC does not work I am going to be upset, I have searched for some info on the "at vs mx alive" forum but its sounds like their are several issues and its hard to weed through it all to find any relelvant info.

300ex_#387
07-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Works for me on my 360.