PDA

View Full Version : Quads in X games!! come here!

flyin#5
02-19-2003, 07:09 PM
hey guys i decided to try something out to help us get into the X games. so i made this petition thing for you guys to sign up and if we get a good amount of signitures we should be pretty convincing. and i have one e-mail for the xgames ppl but its for there store so if anyone has an e-mail better than that please let me know asap becuase i will e-mail them the address to the site. and also put your site (exriders) so they know where everyone is from. so do you guys think this is a good idea? idk i think we should be in so i decided to try and help out. also it says guest book but i just made this quick so click "sign in". here ya go
Quads in X games (www.quadshot.homestead.com/untitled1.html) later

flyin

tants
02-19-2003, 07:14 PM
count me in!

sweet300ex
02-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Im In! Quads at X-Games!

BlasterRider200
02-19-2003, 07:21 PM
count me in two

02-19-2003, 07:21 PM
not to burst your bubble but......i doubt they will do it

they would need another course besides the dirtbike course

the tricks arent as big , thier not quite as high, thier isnt as big of a vareity of tricks, there are not many riders...no qualifiers to get riders in...well there isnt a big enough field of riders...

lets see what h bomb does with demos and contests and what riders come in to the scene in the near future;)

flyin#5
02-19-2003, 07:23 PM
great guys! weve got alot of ppl already. i know it would help x games to have quads becuase every single person that has seen me watching huevos has instantly been hooked... and i mean everyone!

400exrules
02-19-2003, 07:23 PM
im signing it and i think we should send it to bluetraxx, z400central, and cannondaleriders.com and some other places to get more sig's.

flyin#5
02-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
im signing it and i think we should send it to bluetraxx, z400central, and cannondaleriders.com and some other places to get more sig's. yep im going to do that right now on dale riders and z400central but im not registered to some other ones so you guys can post the link its www.quadshot.homestead.com/untitled1.html if you want to post it!

02-19-2003, 07:27 PM
well good luck but dont get your hopes up

QuAdRaCeR244
02-19-2003, 07:33 PM
I signed it!!!:)

killed300ex
02-19-2003, 07:41 PM
i just signed it now who is the jack***** who said that quads suck i wanna find out and kill him lol
killed

Juggalo
02-19-2003, 07:49 PM
saying quads can't do as many tricks as bikes is a common misconception nowadays. sure a year ago this was true but now there ae some guys out there who are just amazing.

02-19-2003, 07:52 PM
:o

im just saying there is the bomb squad...thats about it for guys doin big tricks.....their gettin there tho

02-19-2003, 08:27 PM
yea Im agreeing with freeride there.. were gettin there but it's not likely it will happen..

BlazingYamahaYz
02-19-2003, 08:53 PM
i signed it....it would be killer to see quads at the x-games....worht it to...the only time i hear anything about quads on tv, its something bad happeneing, ruining the reputation that u guys work so hard to keep clean:grr

hsr
02-19-2003, 08:57 PM
there arent enough riders (pros) that can go big enough to catch the interest of enouugh ppl to actually watch. what im trying to say is that the demand for quad freestyle isnt quite up to par yet,,,maybe somwhere in the near future...but the X games? the x games are a joke , it's all about advertisement and using the "extreme athletes" to sell the newest products, most riders dont really realize what they are riding for ,,,, for the fun of it , where it all started quads cant bust big enough yet , but they will be able to soon , the sport is growing

02-19-2003, 10:01 PM
use this email addy

comments@expn.go.com

Sick0
02-20-2003, 08:08 AM
I also would have to agree with freerdie. THe quads arn't that high of a level to be in the X-games. I beem riding quads for less thats two years and I can do every try from the first 4 hoavos vidios, and not one of the tricks compare to the dirtbike tricks. Poeple thats ride quads still think Nacnacs are cool. I think they should be outlawed. Heel clicks are pretty gay also. but alot of poeple think there cool and are still in the H-bomb vidios. Plus I hate to say this but not also has been the level of tricks ain't thats high, Most trick done on quads have horrible style. I beleive style is more important than the trick. I havn't seen on respectable cliffhanger on a quad. About the most stylish trick I have seen is the Holyman, and thats about it.

I know I will probly get flame for whats I said but it is true. Don't get me wrong, I love to freeride and I believe I'm pretty decent at it. But the level and more thought has to go into style of the tricks. Anybody who rides BMX would know whats I talk about.

02-20-2003, 08:10 AM
HEY!i like doin heel clickers:mad:

ill let it go this time

Sick0
02-20-2003, 08:19 AM
to be honest, I love to do them too. But it ain't that cool of a trick. But if anybody does the nacnac you should be shot.

02-20-2003, 08:20 AM
yeah i dont like how they loook, when drake mcelroy does em and whips the bike they look good tho, so do no footed nacs

Sick0
02-20-2003, 08:22 AM
hey freeride where do you live in new york. I live on the massachusetts border.

02-20-2003, 08:23 AM
i live like 45 minutes from albany

Sick0
02-20-2003, 08:27 AM
I'm about 45mins from ablany myself. Are you going to ride at walden the march 15.

02-20-2003, 09:18 AM
I don't think his quad will be done by March 15th.

rookiex
02-20-2003, 10:14 AM
Ya all know where clifton park is riiight??

Blysster
02-20-2003, 10:51 AM
I signed it.

If quads were more recognized as a competitve sport I am sure the tricks would get better with time since there would be more competetion, more people interested and more sponsors.

Sick0
02-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Well I know cliffton parks ia right next to albany or some thing but I'm don't go over there much.

flyin#5
02-20-2003, 02:50 PM
well even if you think quads arent good enough yet this isnt supposed to be something that happens right away. it is just something to get the people that put together the x games to think about quads in the future when we have more pros that would compete. this would be a great thing to have many signatures so that they could look at it and know that there are many people out there that would like to watch this... for them its all ratings and rating mean ppl and on this site weve got many people so if you signed this it would be great:) and thanks mx #132 for the address

tants
02-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
saying quads can't do as many tricks as bikes is a common misconception nowadays. sure a year ago this was true but now there ae some guys out there who are just amazing.

you got any more hbomb riding pics or just any freestyle quad pictures? ANYONE??

400exrules
02-20-2003, 03:04 PM
I think someone should send the ppl that coordinate the x games a Huevos tape so they can see wut can be done on 4 wheels, especially by a certain guy named Dana Creech.

Jimmah
02-20-2003, 03:45 PM
There are a lot of people out there doin freestyle on quads and I think that it has X-games material. I mean it's worth a shot isn't it? Also a lot of you are judging freestyle by the huevos videos. Well remember when noone knew who August Gabel was? just becaue they aren't in huevos doesn't mean that if there was a contest they wouldn't poor out. Also when we watch Huevos we need to keep in mind that this tape was from just about a yr ago. a yr is a long time. I for one am for quads at the X-games and support the evolution of freestyle. It has to start somewhere. Remember when a heel click, nac nac, WHIP were the biggest tricks on dirt dikes?

02-20-2003, 03:58 PM
there not goin to allow just anyone into the x games they would need a qualifier of some sort, they also have to think if thier gonna draw a big enough croowd of viewers tp justify building another course, i myslef think they should have xr 50s in x games before quads cuz everyone loves 50s

02-20-2003, 04:00 PM
also ...quads arent doin anything that the bikes havenyt already done, id liek to see some quad freestyle but the average person sitting down to watch is gonna be like well the bikes are doin backflips these guys arent

flyin#5
02-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
there not goin to allow just anyone into the x games they would need a qualifier of some sort, they also have to think if thier gonna draw a big enough croowd of viewers tp justify building another course, i myslef think they should have xr 50s in x games before quads cuz everyone loves 50s

are you sure you own a quad? :huh :huh

02-20-2003, 04:02 PM
yes, man why do u guys all think i hate quads

Sick0
02-20-2003, 09:07 PM
I don't think they will go in the x-games, but I hpe it is.

flyin#5
02-21-2003, 03:23 PM
bUmP 78 sigs... we need more!! ill send this stuff in on wednsday.

freeride, it seems like you are always bashing the quads and saying stuff against them. but maybe your just stating the opinion of someone who doesnt own a quad and doesnt care too?

02-21-2003, 03:35 PM
well its the truth u gotta look from the the view of someon whos not into them or doesnt ride them

flyin#5
02-21-2003, 03:50 PM
yes i know and i wasnt sure if you were doing that or what. but from experience ive had my huevos vids at some friends houses and at my uncles when some people that had never even know there were quads for jumping saw it and they were hooked. and all of them were. to people that have never seen quads getting air and all that it really get there attention. ive seen it.... and evey singe one of the people that dont own quads or ridden them have watched the whole thing in awe. thats why quads should be in the X games becuase many people see the Utility ones and dont look or see the sport ones. so when they see it on tv they say "wow" and are hooked.... remember to get addicted to exriders most of us got addicted to quads first:D

mrusk
02-21-2003, 07:06 PM
Uh i doubt we will get quads in x games anytime soon, but i sure hope they make it there some day. Dirt bike freestyle is 10 times bigger then quad. In the quad industry we got one guy with 5 riders making 1 video a year. In the dirt bike world there are a bunch of different producers with schit load of different riders each putting videos out each year.

matt

Sporttrax400ex
02-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Signed that mother phucker they bettr let quads in or its some *** whoopnns!!!!!!!!!!:devil