PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever used these lights?

Unverfehrt400ex
05-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm looking for an fairly cheap set of HID's for my teryx and came across these on the internet. Not sure if i would get the 4 inch ones or the 7 inch ones. Just curious if anyone has used them or seen them and how they compare against the other name brand companies.

http://www.hidfoglight.com/productsAndServices/hid7Trucklight.html

Exrider434
05-09-2011, 10:53 PM
im sure you can find a set of bulbs and ballasts that will fit in the stock housings for probably half the price of those. Alot of the offroad stuff uses the same type bulbs as cars and trucks.

Kickstarts-suck
05-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
im sure you can find a set of bulbs and ballasts that will fit in the stock housings for probably half the price of those. Alot of the offroad stuff uses the same type bulbs as cars and trucks.

This^^^ :)

supraloud84
05-10-2011, 05:19 AM
The bulb size in that machine is an h4 hi/lo. You can get an HID setup from these guys for $60 in any color temperature you want and they come with a lifetime warranty I believe.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

Sjorge450R
05-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by supraloud84
The bulb size in that machine is an h4 hi/lo. You can get an HID setup from these guys for $60 in any color temperature you want and they come with a lifetime warranty I believe.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

have you personally used these? I would like to know because I am looking to do both a HID swap on my buick and CBR.

dennis45
05-10-2011, 09:27 AM
TRY LAZER STAR THEY MAKE THE BEST HID LIGHTS BRIGHT, TOUGH TOO.

Unverfehrt400ex
05-10-2011, 11:51 AM
thanks for all the replies. I was wanting to get a set to mount on the roll bar and also possibly upgrade the stock lights to HID's.
Just wanted to check before i buy any. The h4 hi/lo lights that supraloud84n posted will mount into the housing for the 2010 teryx? If so that looks like a pretty good buy. Cheaper than most of the HID conversion kit's i've found.

Kickstarts-suck
05-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Ive put in 4 DDM HID kits. They are cheap but work good. DDM kills you with shipping cost.... $16 to ship $15 replacement bulbs..

I dont run DDM in my truck though.

I bought both my kits from xenon-hid-worlds on ebay over 2 years ago. They are much nicer.

Digital ballast and better quality phillips made bulbs.

supraloud84
05-10-2011, 06:36 PM
I am a car audio installer and have a few customers that swear by ddms kits. One of my customer has them in all of his cars. Thats High beams, low beams and fogs In all four of his cars. They seem to be pretty damn good.. the only time he has had any issues with them is when he was in a front end collision and the bulbs were broken I recommend them to all of my friends.

As far as I know thats the bulbs that fit in that machine. anything Ive found says that the machine runs h4 bulbs. The best way to check before ordering would be to pull a bulb and see what size it is.