PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai Sonata?

ridehonda400ex
05-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm getting one tomorrow for my first vehicle. I wish i could have a truck....but 30mpg will be nice, plus I can use my dad's F150 when i need to. Anybody ever owned one? I plan to get a good intake system on it and maybe some cheap rims since the hubcap things look stupid and a good stereo for rock music. Also how fast are they? Mine will be a 2003

Canadian144
05-09-2011, 09:12 PM
2003... back then Hyundai's quality was still not that great. Lots of cheap materials.

Don't waste your money on an intake or rims. Just use it as a basic commuting car and save up some money to upgrade to something sportier.

CJM
05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Canadian144
2003... back then Hyundai's quality was still not that great. Lots of cheap materials.

Don't waste your money on an intake or rims. Just use it as a basic commuting car and save up some money to upgrade to something sportier.

My dad had an 03 sonata, its now my brothers. 2 timing belts, water pumps, an alternator, a power steering hose, basic maintenance of course and thats it. Oh it has 247k on it and doesnt leak or burn a drop of anything. Sure convinced me, convinced my dad too thats 30k a year avg and it held up-he just bought a brand new sonata. Hell it was more reliable than 2 different toyotas Ive had!

I wouldnt waste my money on the intake tho-all of them are junk, I would buy wheels if you want tho.

ridehonda400ex
05-09-2011, 09:33 PM
okay guys thanks. i might just tint the windows and put a cheap, but not junk stereo in it. and maybe a interior trim kit, i seen em pretty cheap and they look nice. its got a v6 too, how are those engines from hyundai?

CJM
05-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ridehonda400ex
okay guys thanks. i might just tint the windows and put a cheap, but not junk stereo in it. and maybe a interior trim kit, i seen em pretty cheap and they look nice. its got a v6 too, how are those engines from hyundai?

Thats the engine my dads car has, peppy and gets like 18-20mpg in town and highway is like 27mpg iirc

porterhouse
05-10-2011, 05:50 AM
I have an '05 that runs great...450-500 miles a tank...$50-$60 to fill up at these prices and as far as speed...last year at sunset ridge i was chasing a charger doing 115 and still had plenty of pedal and was gaining more speed before I had to shut it down...came up quick and ran smooth...still looks like a girls car...that is why it is really the wife's car...but gotta cut cost on the road...

Tommy Warren
05-10-2011, 12:39 PM
don't waste money on it just use it to make enough to buy something nice....and if its your first car you must be young....don't beat the crap out of it....its not a corvette and noone looks cool driving the hell out of a hyundai....you'll be way better off just using it to gently get around.

Canadian144
05-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
don't waste money on it just use it to make enough to buy something nice....and if its your first car you must be young....don't beat the crap out of it....its not a corvette and noone looks cool driving the hell out of a hyundai....you'll be way better off just using it to gently get around.

+1 that's what I was trying to say.

Canadian144
05-10-2011, 01:53 PM

+1 that's what I was trying to say.

Titanium
05-10-2011, 07:47 PM

I like the way you think. On another note. Even though it is YOUR money and you can do what YOU want to it, please stay away from putting and exhaust system on it and obsessive decals. just keep it clean and show other kids up that are your own age by acting a little more mature. use the money you save from the good gas mileage you get and save up for a cheap muscle car if you want to go fast. Stay classy my friend.