PDA

View Full Version : Best bolt on mods

RNL
05-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Hey everyone, was just curious with what bolt on mods you guys got on the 250's, and what has worked the best. Also has anyone tried different front sprockets and what results did you get and like or dislike??????

number12
05-09-2011, 07:20 PM
We did just change the front sprocket down to a 12 tooth. he track where we race has a lot of hairpin turns with some short doubles afterwards. My son just didn't have enough low end power to clear them. I went from a 14 to 13 and still didn't have enough. We changed to the 12 and it seemed to help out a lot.

john willhoite
05-09-2011, 08:01 PM
I was surprised how much a pipe, airfilter and jet kit woke it up.

gorpracing
05-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Be careful with the smaller counter shaft sprocket. You will wear out the chain slide on the swing arm. Bolt on a LTE exhaust jet the carb and run a better air filter with the top off. Good luck

Hetrick300
05-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Defenetly what they were saying with the pipe, airfilter, and rejet it, but some tracks its just not worth it to mess with the front sprocket but if you looking for bolt on performance mods the pipe, airfilter, and rejeting carb is a good choice but if ur looking for handling mods a stabilizer makes a night and day difference such as a Precision or Fastway but if ur on a low buget a stick stabilizer also makes a huge difference.

RNL
05-10-2011, 08:43 AM
With the pipe, filter and rejet, where did you guys find you get the most gains?