PDA

View Full Version : Help with Xtreme...

TRKR
05-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi there guys. Just dragged an Xtreme home a few days ago, after wanting 1 for myself for years. Got it really cheap, Its not in too bad of a shape, but it needs help. I'll be building this for my nephew (and for me) to do some fun racing.
Having said that, this will be a budget build.
Right now this is what I have:

-Need the bottom reinforcement bracket!!! Can anyone point me in the right direction??? I've started to gusset the frame. Should I pay special attention to any particular area?

-Auto clutch is slipping on the 125cc engine. Engine has already been replaced (not original Xtreme). The seller said adjustment, I doubt it. The engine feels very strong tho.

-Rear subframe bent a little. Easy fix

-Will need a new exhaust
What size?
Could a cheap one do the job?
Ebay?

-Rear caliper mounting bracket is loose. Does it uses a bearing?

-Will need tires (already posted for someone that may have em' for a good price).

-Will need shocks for sure.

Now has anybody has attempted to build a mini for an adult? (like is done with the pit bikes) Locally a mini/pit quad for adults has been growing quickly but people does not seem to be working on suspensions too much. I would start there and then a good engine.

I'd like to find a suspension that can hold me (I'm 190!!).
Is that posible?

Fire away guys. Recomendations, opinions etc are all welcome. So are parts for this (budget) build that you may have. Looking forward to this one.

Cheers ,
TORKER.
-Need the bottom reinforcement bracket!!!

bigdaddy77
05-10-2011, 03:28 AM
As far as gusseting frame it depends on what year. 2007 and up I believe came with the updated gussets. Check a old post by ride1rob he showed pictures of what they did. When you search make sure you change it to search from begining not just last year.
As far a clutch and pipe I would check out tboltusa.com or firepowerminis.com both great guys and have items for the budget minded. If you dont see what your looking far call them.
If your serious about suspension I would stick with Elka or Fox. Probably your biggest investment 13" up front and 10 3/4 in rear or you can get by with 10" rear.
You can also modify the swinger to take a 14 1/2 to 15" shock. Check old postings multiple ways to do it.
As far as finding parts look in classifieds under mini parts here and ebay also. Drr shocks will fit it.

TRKR
05-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by bigdaddy77
As far as gusseting frame it depends on what year. 2007 and up I believe came with the updated gussets. Check a old post by ride1rob he showed pictures of what they did. When you search make sure you change it to search from begining not just last year.
As far a clutch and pipe I would check out tboltusa.com or firepowerminis.com both great guys and have items for the budget minded. If you dont see what your looking far call them.
If your serious about suspension I would stick with Elka or Fox. Probably your biggest investment 13" up front and 10 3/4 in rear or you can get by with 10" rear.
You can also modify the swinger to take a 14 1/2 to 15" shock. Check old postings multiple ways to do it.
As far as finding parts look in classifieds under mini parts here and ebay also. Drr shocks will fit it.

Thank you bigdaddy. The search is on.
Any idea where can I get the bottom brace for the frame???

TORKER.

bigdaddy77
05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Not sure what your talking about. If you can find a picture of one I can explain how to make it. Good luck

Ride1Rob
05-10-2011, 05:20 PM
He's talking about a bracket that connects the two lower parts of your frame together. Sits underneath the motor right behind the lower motor mounts. The 06 models had frame issues because they didn't have that bracket.

TRKR
05-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
He's talking about a bracket that connects the two lower parts of your frame together. Sits underneath the motor right behind the lower motor mounts. The 06 models had frame issues because they didn't have that bracket.

Yes, that is exactly the bracket I'm looking for. Any body has 1?

Rob. You are a big part of this build. For years I've read your typhoon posts and have learned a ton. Thanks for chimming in. By the way, do you have or know where I can get 1?
Or measurements on how to build it? Detailed pics would help...

TORKER.

Ride1Rob
05-11-2011, 09:38 PM
This place sells Typhoon parts. He should have the bracket you're looking for. http://www.arizonaatvs.com/

I started to do a Typhoon "How to" post several months ago and have Pappy sticky it but I never got around to it :( . Was going to post pics of the mods that we did to help out those that wanted to build these bikes up. Would have been pretty in depth and would have helped those that have questions on alot of the same issues we had or just how to make the bike better overall.

TRKR
05-11-2011, 11:37 PM
That would've been a great thread for sure. Now that the bikes are not beeing raced (I think) it would be great to do it, any chance on that happening? Some people, like myself, may want to build one up. Thanks for the link. I'll give them a call tomorrow for sure. I've finished some gusseting tonite. Just missing the most important 1.
Thanks Rob.

TORKER.