PDA

View Full Version : few ktm questions SOMEONE please help

Trx450er94
05-08-2011, 08:26 PM
I got a 09 ktm 450 sx ... Does anyones smoke alittle and does it have problems starting I have to give mine gas and it never wants to start its a ***** you got to pump it and if you just push the start button it only turns over and doesnt start

ALXKFX450R
05-10-2011, 07:58 PM
They are tough to start when there new...hang in there

SIDCON
06-05-2011, 02:36 PM
On these you cant open the throttle while starting. These have an electronic safety switch that cuts out the engine if you do this. Give it a pump before pushing the start and make sure to choke. I highly recommend rejetting your quad because the hard starting is from the pilot being to lean from the factory and changing out the needle with the HRC one. Mine is set with a 45 pilot and 165 main and is as smooth as silk now. Hope this helps

Edit: your smoke is only excess fuel from pumping the throttle at the same time trying to start.

looke83
01-09-2012, 09:19 AM
when i first bought my ktm i had troubles too. turns out that when i was playing around with the idle speed it effects the intensity of the spark on the plug, cause at one point i couldnt get it to go at all. so i took out the spark plug and turned over the starter and sure enough there was no spark. so i turned the idle screw and it came right back so i found a range where it had good spark and went from there, never had a problem since.

jzexrider
01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
SIDCON, whats your elevation and what is your fuel screw set at?

harry_ss
01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
register here www.ktmatvhq.com and you will find great info about these quads

bh84
02-07-2012, 07:48 AM
ive had about 5 of these quads, the trick is 2 pumps of the throttle and only choke if its cold out