PDA

View Full Version : crf head on 06 450er

sadinkins
05-08-2011, 06:43 PM
anyone have pictures of this mod? is it worth it? will exhaust work? what do you do about top hadiator hose? will i be able to use stage 2 hot cam and cradle from the quad? is there real noticable power gains? are the valves the same size? thanks for any help

DnB_racing
05-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by sadinkins
anyone have pictures of this mod? is it worth it? will exhaust work? what do you do about top hadiator hose? will i be able to use stage 2 hot cam and cradle from the quad? is there real noticable power gains? are the valves the same size? thanks for any help I dont.Yes.Yes.No thermostat.Yes it will work.Yes. Not sure.Your welcome,

but seriosly check the 2nd page on this post. Tj has it and loves it

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=466175

JH Racing
05-08-2011, 07:26 PM
02-i think 05 have 31mm ex the 06 and up have the 30mm ex like the quad. All the crf and trx have 36mm in valves

sadinkins
05-08-2011, 08:13 PM
what combo works best? saw pictures on here somewhere but cant find them now.

KEVIN132
05-09-2011, 04:37 AM
my cousin did it and it works fine
the difference on ports is such big one!!

sadinkins
05-09-2011, 07:51 PM
still trying to figure out what year head to get. what pipes do and dont work? does the trx valve cover and timing chain work? would really like to see 1 on a trx to see the top radiator hose,not worried about the fan. most of all i would really like toride 1 of those 3 wheeled creations with this motor:D

DnB_racing
05-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by sadinkins
still trying to figure out what year head to get. what pipes do and dont work? does the trx valve cover and timing chain work? would really like to see 1 on a trx to see the top radiator hose,not worried about the fan. most of all i would really like toride 1 of those 3 wheeled creations with this motor:D search black sheep hes explained it quit a bit in different threads

here's one link to some of the questions I asked him last year, but he has others http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=449346