PDA

View Full Version : Vegas supercross SPOILER

jrspawn
05-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Wow what a race! Congrats reed on the win, congrats Poto on the championship, and congrats Stewart on wrecking and taking out someone else AGAIN!!!

walker054
05-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Kevin Windam sure was looking good in the main event, until the wreck with stewarts bike.

rollie
05-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by walker054
Kevin Windam sure was looking good in the main event, until the wreck with stewarts bike.

No doubt, where are all the stewart fans now? haha

he's got me completely convinced that he is out of control.

C41Xracer
05-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Im a stewart fan and actually laughed when he wrecked. I knew he would choke, seeing reed and dungee battle was good racing

quad2xtreme
05-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Was so cool to see Windham picking up speed from Stewart's lines. The lap before Stewart was out of control in the whoops and I thought to myself, Kevin move over and this race is yours...Stewart is going down. I couldn't believe it happened the very next lap and took my favorite rider out. Honestly though, Kevin really couldn't blame Stewart much...he followed him in that line. Stewart didn't really take him out like he has other riders in previous races.

Was glad to see Reed take the overall...because he is a privateer and for no other reason. I am on the fence about RV winning it. Overall, he rode the most consistently and used his head and rode smart. Imagine Stewart in Nascar. He'd be 30 seconds in the lead and blow an engine from pushing it. He doesn't ride smart...looks great when he can finish riding balls to the wall but looks like an amateur when he crashes out.

sexysilverado45
05-08-2011, 02:46 PM
The Stewart haters are every where on here. He's simply the fastest,but inconsistent. That is why he wasn't in the points battle at the end. Windham was doing awesome. Him and Stewart were pushing each other really hard which made for great racing. Not a huge fan of rv.I would have rather seen reed win it all. Next year should be interesting.

quad2xtreme
05-08-2011, 03:23 PM
BTW, I am not a Stewart hater. He is 1/2 the reason I like to watch. He brings excitement to the sport like no other rider can. He irks me to no end but I still pull for him. Honestly, I hate when he crashes out because he is so darn interesting to watch as a spectator.

The only riders I hate are lappers. lol!

300ex_#387
05-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm the same way with Stewart. I love watching him ride and come up with new lines that other riders only think about. You could just tell he was going to go down in those whoops. He just over rides his bike in the whoops all the time.

How about the lites class though? I was on the edge of my seat watching Tickle and Tomac swap points left and right. They both had everything to lose and it made for great racing.

jrspawn
05-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Bad part is that KW did Not follow him into that line. Stewart was on the outside and KW went inside. But like normal, Stewart bombed out and crossed lanes and cost KW.

And the whole fastest man in the world crap.... Anyone can hold a throttle wide open. Gotta at least finish the race.....

Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Was so cool to see Windham picking up speed from Stewart's lines. The lap before Stewart was out of control in the whoops and I thought to myself, Kevin move over and this race is yours...Stewart is going down. I couldn't believe it happened the very next lap and took my favorite rider out. Honestly though, Kevin really couldn't blame Stewart much...he followed him in that line. Stewart didn't really take him out like he has other riders in previous races.

Was glad to see Reed take the overall...because he is a privateer and for no other reason. I am on the fence about RV winning it. Overall, he rode the most consistently and used his head and rode smart. Imagine Stewart in Nascar. He'd be 30 seconds in the lead and blow an engine from pushing it. He doesn't ride smart...looks great when he can finish riding balls to the wall but looks like an amateur when he crashes out.

05-08-2011, 04:57 PM
You Stewart haters should get his email and email him some helpful tips. Haters gonna hate

sexysilverado45
05-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
And the whole fastest man in the world crap.... Anyone can hold a throttle wide open. Gotta at least finish the race.....

Well then why don't you race the supercross class if its that easy? Your just jealous that's all.

jrspawn
05-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
Well then why don't you race the supercross class if its that easy? Your just jealous that's all.

Your absolutely right, I'm soooo jealous. Maybe one day this old out of shape guy can wreck as good as him:blah:

Lighten up a little, what I mean is that anyone on that gate has the opportunity to hold the throttle wide open and let her eat. But, that doesn't win races.... Finishing does.

jb500ex
05-08-2011, 08:17 PM
when you crash in nearly 50% of your career races your not fast you ride over your head. dont confuse the two they are very different. and the reason bubba only has 3 titles on the big bikes with a few seasons of no other talent in that class. now there is talent and you see where he finishes

05-08-2011, 11:38 PM
You guys are so funny. Yea anyone can hold a throttle wide open.... maybe on a straight road. Try doing it over huge braking bumps, blitzing through the whoops, and pretty much everywhere else on the track. Theres a little more to it than just holding it wide open. And the best part is, i bet half of you guys talking smack wouldnt be nearly as interested in the races if bubba wasnt in it. He helps give the sport the "wow factor". Hate him or love him or whatever, hes a HUGE part of the sport and im sure he brings a nice sum of the viewers. And he must not be too bad, hes the only person that ive heard carmichael say he couldnt beat without luck or a bad start on stewarts half. Theres plenty of other guys in those races that have crashed plenty this series, but no one hates on them. Why? Because theyre not as fast as stewart. And no, im not all for stewart. Im a Villopoto fan (until Cooper Webb makes it pro in a few years). Just tired of people acting like the guy is a goon or has no talent when hes twenty times faster than anyone on this site.

kyleschonert
05-09-2011, 08:31 AM
I couldn't stay up long enough to watch the Supercross class, but the Lites east race was one of the best I have seen in years!!

madskrillz2
05-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Like someone said, I saw it coming like I have all season. I told my friend a lap before it happened, "He'll probably choke again." It's just a pain in the *** to be a Stewart fan now. When he was younger and crashing he sort of had the excuse of young and dumb. Now he's just reckless. I still don't think he's ever crashed and made dumb mistakes like he has this year. That season off has really showed through. Hopefully he can pull it together outdoors since that's where he truly has been unbeatable.

madskrillz2
05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by #101
You guys are so funny. Yea anyone can hold a throttle wide open.... maybe on a straight road. Try doing it over huge braking bumps, blitzing through the whoops, and pretty much everywhere else on the track. Theres a little more to it than just holding it wide open. And the best part is, i bet half of you guys talking smack wouldnt be nearly as interested in the races if bubba wasnt in it. He helps give the sport the "wow factor". Hate him or love him or whatever, hes a HUGE part of the sport and im sure he brings a nice sum of the viewers. And he must not be too bad, hes the only person that ive heard carmichael say he couldnt beat without luck or a bad start on stewarts half. Theres plenty of other guys in those races that have crashed plenty this series, but no one hates on them. Why? Because theyre not as fast as stewart. And no, im not all for stewart. Im a Villopoto fan (until Cooper Webb makes it pro in a few years). Just tired of people acting like the guy is a goon or has no talent when hes twenty times faster than anyone on this site.

You might could make that "wow" statement on a forum that had nothing to do with motorsports, but this is an atv forum. People on here just generally love the sport, one form or the other. I highly doubt anyone on here watches SX JUST BECAUSE James Stewart is racing. Oh and just because he's twenty times faster than everyone on here still doesn't take away from him being out of control sometimes. Fast or not, you can still tell if someone is out of control. Oh and I am a Stewart fan btw so don't go calling me a hater.

motofreak2772
05-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
when you crash in nearly 50% of your career races your not fast you ride over your head. dont confuse the two they are very different. and the reason bubba only has 3 titles on the big bikes with a few seasons of no other talent in that class. now there is talent and you see where he finishes
Just because he's had a lot of crashes lately doesn't mean you can take away how fast of a rider he is. I honestly believe he is the fastest rider out there and I am sure every rider on the track with him believes this too even if they would never admit it. Because we all know if he can keep it on two wheels he will out run any other rider. His speed and ability is just amazing to watch. I wish he didn't crash as much but I guess that's the price he pays for pushing it as hard as he does. I don't think that is riding over his head, he is just trying to ride as fast as he can. Unlike other riders who hold back.. There's nothing wrong with that though because obviously it won a championship this year. But what happens if Stewart never crashed again? All the other riders would have to start pushing themselves or as you say, "riding over their heads" to catch up.
I'm just saying as a spectator I want to see these guys go faster, and do the impossible lines I would never even think of doing. Complaining about Stewart crashing is like wanting the riders to slow down and be careful, which wouldn't be nearly as interesting to watch.

Ichoptop
05-09-2011, 03:46 PM
it was a great season all around. Saturday nights races were outstanding to watch. Congrats to all the winners.

TheLane
05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45

LOL!!!! witty comeback ftw.:rolleyes:

My hats off to stewart. After all... I bet theres very few people on here who havent youtubed "Dirtbike crashes" :D

BakerRacing40
05-09-2011, 04:56 PM
js is just trying to live up to the name, fastest man on earth.... he is probably the fastest and most of the time he is getting as close as possible to the earth... think about it ;)

05-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
You might could make that "wow" statement on a forum that had nothing to do with motorsports, but this is an atv forum. People on here just generally love the sport, one form or the other. I highly doubt anyone on here watches SX JUST BECAUSE James Stewart is racing. Oh and just because he's twenty times faster than everyone on here still doesn't take away from him being out of control sometimes. Fast or not, you can still tell if someone is out of control. Oh and I am a Stewart fan btw so don't go calling me a hater.

Hater :chinese:

madskrillz2
05-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by #101
Hater :chinese:

Lmao oh you're a bold one. :blah:

05-09-2011, 09:25 PM
James Stewart.....what a topic of discussion. Lol. He either wins or crashes. Is he actually the fastest? Could Reed or Dungey kick it up a gear and ride nearly out of control like Stewart does? I'm sure they could! Lol. It's really a catch 22, cuz I believe there's a few riders that could match Stewart's wreckless pace, but wisely choose not to. In turn, everyone thinks Stewart is that much "faster". IMO, sometimes he's just crazier. In order to finish first, you must first finish. Those riders are out to win a championship, and Stewart demostrates time and time again that the "fastest" (most wreckless would describle him better) rider doesn't always win.

IMO, when it comes down to it, who cares if he wants to ride like an idiot? That's his choice. It's when he takes out other riders when he gets way out of control and rides over his head that pisses me off.

And whoever said Reed is a privateer? LOL!

K-Dub
05-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I have actually watched less since Bubba turned pro a few years ago. The BS him and his dad brought with them turned me off to the sport. I watched the most through the 80s, wish it would of been on TV then like it is now. As to me thats when it was its most exciting. Rick Johnson, Jeff Ward, Broc Glover, Bob Hannah, Johnny Omara, Ron Leichen, Guy Cooper, and David Bailey on the gate. Now that was a stacked gate. Yeas I know the tracks was rougher and the bikes slower, but I bet you could bring atleast of them forward in time in their prime and give them some time to get used to today's bikes, tracks, and training and they would run with Bubba or die trying. Esp RJ amd Wardy. They rode with determination. Congrats to RV2.

05-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Lmao oh you're a bold one. :blah:

Hahaha im such a badass :cool:

madskrillz2
05-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub
I have actually watched less since Bubba turned pro a few years ago. The BS him and his dad brought with them turned me off to the sport. I watched the most through the 80s, wish it would of been on TV then like it is now. As to me thats when it was its most exciting. Rick Johnson, Jeff Ward, Broc Glover, Bob Hannah, Johnny Omara, Ron Leichen, Guy Cooper, and David Bailey on the gate. Now that was a stacked gate. Yeas I know the tracks was rougher and the bikes slower, but I bet you could bring atleast of them forward in time in their prime and give them some time to get used to today's bikes, tracks, and training and they would run with Bubba or die trying. Esp RJ amd Wardy. They rode with determination. Congrats to RV2.

What did his dad do to turn you off? He's nowhere near as bad as Alessi's dad

sexysilverado45
05-10-2011, 12:21 AM
What did his dad do to turn you off? He's nowhere near as bad as Alessi's dad

I was thinking the.same. alessi's dad is the absolute worst.

K-Dub
05-10-2011, 03:06 AM
When they first showed up I seen an interview dad gave and he was bashing the whites for trying to run him and Bubba away from the track and other things. Then Jesse Jackson had to stick his nose into SX and the man probably never watched a SX race before in his life. I have watched and rooted for guys like Chuck Sun in the past, I could care less what color anybody's skin is on the track. With all the gear on I cant tell. In over 20 years of watching SX/MX I never heard a racist word spoken, Bubba turns pro and there it is, mostly from his dads mouth. That just turned me off to the sport. Didnt take long I quit watching as much. Do I like to watch Bubba ride yes, I think he is a great rider and can do some unbelievable things on a dirt bike. Do I hate Bubba no, do I root for Bubba no I root for Honda no matter who is riding for them. Never rooted for Chad Reed to this year only rooted for RC when he rode red. Loved McGrath till he switched brands then rooted against him. Bubba gets on a Honda and I will root for him. I am brand loyal.

muddy400EX
05-10-2011, 03:43 AM
i was just hoping to see anyone but rv win. dont know why,lol. theres nothing there personality wise to like and make me a fan

if reed could could have got the chanmpionship his first year on his own team that would have been sick

i also would have loved to see kw beat stewart sraight up and take vegas, not that i dont like stewart, i just think that would have been awesome for k-dub

and i think stewarts nickname should be changed to "most reckless man on the planet" and i like stewart, i even would have liked to see him win after being off so long, just to prove the haters wrong

just anyone but friggin rv! he got lucky all year. he just sat back...waited for the front guys to take themselves out, and then slipped on by

muddy400EX
05-10-2011, 03:46 AM
and on the dungey side of things. i think hes way faster than what he shows, hes just afraid to be aggressive and make strong passes. everyone does block passes and bumps bars. i think if he got more aggressive, he would be up front more

madskrillz2
05-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by K-Dub
When they first showed up I seen an interview dad gave and he was bashing the whites for trying to run him and Bubba away from the track and other things. Then Jesse Jackson had to stick his nose into SX and the man probably never watched a SX race before in his life. I have watched and rooted for guys like Chuck Sun in the past, I could care less what color anybody's skin is on the track. With all the gear on I cant tell. In over 20 years of watching SX/MX I never heard a racist word spoken, Bubba turns pro and there it is, mostly from his dads mouth. That just turned me off to the sport. Didnt take long I quit watching as much. Do I like to watch Bubba ride yes, I think he is a great rider and can do some unbelievable things on a dirt bike. Do I hate Bubba no, do I root for Bubba no I root for Honda no matter who is riding for them. Never rooted for Chad Reed to this year only rooted for RC when he rode red. Loved McGrath till he switched brands then rooted against him. Bubba gets on a Honda and I will root for him. I am brand loyal.

Everything I've ever heard him say about white people was the truth. None of it was ever bashing. Basically just how when he first moved up people in corners were screaming nigg3r every time he would come through. Then on the ESPN special he said a man told him "We don't race nigg3rs here." and he replied with "Good, we came to race motorcycles." Personally I think that's pretty funny myself. As far as the Jesse Jackson thing, I can't really comment because I don't know anything about that. But yeah if he did get involved in some form or the other he probably didn't have any business doing it.

rollie
05-10-2011, 09:06 AM
I loved watching the race before stewart took himself and k-dub out, i think stewart got nervous because he thought that section he was quading was his ace in the hole and he would pull away from everyone there, but then k-dub picked up on it no problem:cool: