PDA

View Full Version : changing plans on build again

DnB_racing
05-07-2011, 06:38 PM
just when I thought I had it all planed out,
jonny b, had to have a brand new set of yukon gears for sale,
now I have to rethink what Im going to do, I was just going to do 310, to keep the strain of tranny, but now I have to rethink my whole motor,

what to do???

DnB_racing
05-07-2011, 10:02 PM
my question is if you weren't worried about the gears,would you go 350?

its for pits and mx riding, its not my only ride, it will be for when i want to show people what the old Honda's are all about

derby
05-08-2011, 07:24 AM
I you had a good stock tranny I would not waste my money on yukons for a 350. Yukons are not even really needed on a 350.

leager-n-ky
05-08-2011, 07:53 AM
building a new motor, use 22 yr old stock gears, or a brand new set of better than stock (especially @ that price) i would use them in whatever size you decide. 310, rev's faster, 350, more torque. your top end will depend on your gearing, and exhaust. just my $.02..

DnB_racing
05-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by leager-n-ky
building a new motor, use 22 yr old stock gears, or a brand new set of better than stock (especially @ that price) i would use them in whatever size you decide. 310, rev's faster, 350, more torque. your top end will depend on your gearing, and exhaust. just my $.02.. thats what I was thinking,

for not much money to have a good set of new gears, its worth it for almost any bigger bore..
i couldnt pass at that price! just for the sake of not worring about the gears