PDA

View Full Version : Please, Mom and Dad!!

kawasaki_ridah
02-19-2003, 06:09 PM
well i want to race so bad i have been offered sponsership twice from to diffrent dealers and they wont let me race, i guess they are worried, which it is dangerous but still it is what i want to do!

flyin#5
02-19-2003, 06:13 PM
you only live once! they should let you race. chances are you wont get killed or hurt very bad. if you have the right equipment its acctually kind of safe. and you have to know what your doing to, which would mean practice your arse off!

BornOnFire
02-19-2003, 06:13 PM
Keep tryin'

flyin#5
02-19-2003, 06:16 PM
hey born you have to put a / in your last img like this

-EDIT- never mind you got it

kawasaki_ridah
02-19-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by flyin_400EX
you only live once! they should let you race. chances are you wont get killed or hurt very bad. if you have the right equipment its acctually kind of safe. and you have to know what your doing to, which would mean practice your arse off!

dp you race

02-20-2003, 05:28 PM
i'm gonna get to race when i want to but right now its paintball that im into. u know what u do? u ride around in the yard until it pulls up the grass and u have a track. then u make some jumps and hav friends over and u race and get ur parents to watch u and eventually they'll think ur ready to start racin. i know this works because thats how i got my mom to let me race. now i have races at my friends house and i've already won twice and im rookie of the year

FourFiftyFour
02-20-2003, 06:08 PM
My parents were dead against the whole quad thing for years... well now they know im too determined to be stopped and I bought my own quad and im on my way. Also it helps that I'm almost 18 in a few months

FourFiftyFour
02-20-2003, 06:12 PM
ohh yeah another thing..... you happen to have my dream quad........ i want one so bad.... i wish i could afford one, you are lucky to have such a nice quad

kawasaki_ridah
02-22-2003, 09:08 AM
thank you well i have my dad to thank for it he got it for me when it came out he is just worried about me racing but he dont mind me to do stoppies, wheelies, or catch sick air so i dunno

trx400ex
02-22-2003, 10:09 AM
just dont give up, they will eventually let you race.

Nausty
02-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
well i want to race so bad i have been offered sponsership twice from to diffrent dealers and they wont let me race, i guess they are worried, which it is dangerous but still it is what i want to do!

if this is your first year on a quad don't worry about it. Just go to differant mx tracks and become a better rider so when you go to the first race you'll be able to jump most of the big jumps and that way you can pay attention to the other riders and racing tactics insteady of just trying to ride the track.

FourFiftyFour
02-22-2003, 10:56 AM
dont worry about it.... things change so fast.... your parents will end up lettin u race... just wear 'em down... also after uve been riding for a while they will see youve gotten better.... the way my parents tried to stop me from racin and still do is... they wouldnt pay for my quad, they wont pay for parts or mods.. so it took me a long time to be able to get it, i still havent been able to race it cuz i got laid off and i cant afford gear or mods for it right now b/c its completely stock... so i know how it feels but if u show them u wont be stopped then they will relent........

TC17
02-22-2003, 12:17 PM
my mom said that there was NO WAY that she would let me race. i started to tear up the backyard and get the neighbors mad and there was no place to ride. we finally agreed that she'd let me go to the track. she still said i coulnd't race. i worked for $300 of safety gear. she figured i was serious so she considered it. we looked into it and she was ok with it. she still doesn't want me to race but she says it's ok. she's coming to my races, yay. i'm bringing all of my friends too. the next step is to get her to support me. she said if i race and she's goes, she's goin to wear short shorts and a fox tank top.:eek:. everyone run! ah. she's j/k thank God. but my g/f on the other hand:devious: :blah

Nausty
02-22-2003, 12:56 PM
lol, I hate when my comes to watch me race. When my dad is video taping I can hear her being hysterical and when I crash she really freaks out. That and she is always trying to tell me what i'm doing wrong:huh

racin 400
02-22-2003, 01:31 PM
My mom to its like shut the falk up.I always tell em o yeah lets see u do it.

TC17
02-22-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
lol, I hate when my comes to watch me race. When my dad is video taping I can hear her being hysterical and when I crash she really freaks out. That and she is always trying to tell me what i'm doing wrong:huh

haha. she's the pro;).

i got some nerfs from Tommy the other day and my mom thought that Nerfs Bars are like a roll cage:huh. she said that they mount to the seat to keep you from falling off and around the metal there is Nerf like material like a sponge ball so it doesn't hurt. :confused: i've been laughing ever since she said that. we put them on and she's like what are those? it was really funny.:D

250x#93
02-22-2003, 02:00 PM
My dad doesn't want me racing either but like I said to him if you really want to do something you don't just quit, I asked him if he would quit something he loved doing and he changed his mind, I'm going to race some this summer, so the main thing you got to do is not give up and keep buggin the h*ll out of them:devil